Unknown Sabella Shirt

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

One for the shirt connoisseurs. Other than this photo has anyone ever come across details of this shirt? Any other photos or info? Never gets recognition anywhere and it's very nice!

View attachment 35570
Charlton 3 (Shipperley, Flanagan 2) Blades 1 (Varadi) in December 1978. I was there after telling my school that I would be in Newbury for the day.

It was our away strip for the 1978-79 season

Just a standard away kit? Why is there never any reference to it anywhere? And how is this the only photo of it. Bizarre.

Just a standard away kit? Why is there never any reference to it anywhere? And how is this the only photo of it. Bizarre.

I think it was only worn 3 times during the 78-79 season. It was an admiral template of the time, famously worn by Luton the season before

luton-a-74-79-123x150.gif

I've just e-mailed Admiral asking if they would consider a limited production run. Will let you know if they get back to me.

Would imagine they’d choose to make it a short sleeve shirt though, which wouldn’t look as good.

With the additional material/ costs of making long sleeve shirts you don’t tend to see them these days.
They don’t even seem to be an option anymore.

Charlton 3 (Shipperley, Flanagan 2) Blades 1 (Varadi) in December 1978. I was there after telling my school that I would be in Newbury for the day.

It was our away strip for the 1978-79 season
When was the yellow Admiral strip with the four Vs our away strip?

1976-77 season. First saw it at the Dell in September 1976. We used it for 1977-78 too
Thanks. I remember either Football 78 or Football 79 describing our away kit as yellow with four Vs across the chest, and I imagined it looking like this:
VV
VV

Did we play in an orange away shirt at Palace,during TCs days?
Yes (either orange or gold) on 4th December 1971. Never knew how we got these shirts. Did we borrow them from Palace or nipped round a local sports shop to but a set of shirts?

One for the shirt connoisseurs. Other than this photo has anyone ever come across details of this shirt? Any other photos or info? Never gets recognition anywhere and it's very nice!

View attachment 35570
That’s exactly what we should do. Always have a kit with varying amounts of red, white and black with a nod to the stripes. A bit like palace have done for years.

Although I would accept the yellow 70’s kit that Greenwich Blade loves too.

No more luminous ones please.

Yes (either orange or gold) on 4th December 1971. Never knew how we got these shirts. Did we borrow them from Palace or nipped round a local sports shop to but a set of shirts?
That's interesting. Any photos at all?

That's class! Any ideas why we wore it mate? Appears to be plain aside from the numbers.
I would assume the ref werent happy with the home shirts we had brought over. Dont know if Dearden, Badger, Hemsley, TC would remember how we got these gold/orange shirts. Dont think we wore them again.

I would assume the ref werent happy with the home shirts we had brought over. Dont know if Dearden, Badger, Hemsley, TC would remember how we got these gold/orange shirts. Dont think we wore them again.
Thanks for the info. I'll certainly be trying to track down a bit more info if I can.

Do you have any other interesting memoirs of obscure shirts and the like?

Back
Top Bottom