Unitedites not from Sheffield

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

it's quite a distinctive accent the Sheffield accent.. i worked with a really great Polish lad who couldn't understand me at first. i remember he one day he almost ran up to me and said.. 'i can understand you now!'.. i said how come and he replied you are like Polish. you don't say 'the':)

it's quite a distinctive accent the Sheffield accent.. i worked with a really great Polish lad who couldn't understand me at first. i remember he one day he almost ran up to me and said.. 'i can understand you now!'.. i said how come and he replied you are like Polish. you don't say 'the':)
Did he say you speak to fast as well , the guy from Latvia I used to work with used to say that all the time

Did he say you speak to fast as well , the guy from Latvia I used to work with used to say that all the time
at first but he spoke good English.. what happens is that people (not just us) when speaking in accent slur all of the words together into one word. if you are literally translating it in your head to get the meaning then it is difficult to pick out the individual words to translate.. i can speak passable German although not as good as some of the lads on here. i was in South Austria and they have a very thick local accent and sometimes i was 'que?'.. when my mate broke it down i could understand them

Posted this before but the clue is in the name. Lincoln born but lived in Yorkshire for thirty odd years. Currie and Woody were my early heroes. Ruined and made my life in equal measure!!!

My eldest is a Blade (youngest doesn’t do football) and has been home and away with me over the years.

Converted various friends and mates of my lad over the years so my missionary work in and around Leeds and Bradford going ok :)

Born in Kent but moved to Dronfield when I was six. My sister met a unitedite so he introduced my elder brother as they were similar ages to United matches. The bug then passed down to me and I've been a fan for the best part of 30 years. I think my first game was a midweek game v Luton in the early nineties. So another blade from darn sarf.

Posted this before but the clue is in the name. Lincoln born but lived in Yorkshire for thirty odd years. Currie and Woody were my early heroes. Ruined and made my life in equal measure!!!

My eldest is a Blade (youngest doesn’t do football) and has been home and away with me over the years.

Converted various friends and mates of my lad over the years so my missionary work in and around Leeds and Bradford going ok :)

Kudos. Don’t think I’ve converted anyone, ever, despite great effort with my grandchildren, although my 19 year old granddaughter is now in a relationship with a Blade whose family are all season ticket holders, so perhaps I had a teeny weeny bit of influence.

I am from Sheffield but moved away in 99. Travel down from East Yorkshire with my Daughter who was born in Sheffield. Travel to most games with mate and his two Lads who are from Linlithgow in Scotland. When he moved to Yorkshire I made damm sure he didnt make any silly mistakes like supporting the pigs or Leeds.

I have another good friend from the Cave who started watching United when his mate went to Sheffield Uni. He is now a proper Blade and I love his hatred of anything Blue! BladeinCottingham
Just flew over to my daughter's in Spain. Got talking to the lady sat next to me on the plane. She is from South Cave, but unfortunately turned out to be a pig, so we didn't talk football after that :)

I have a mate from Leeds who was a Leeds Utd fan until the Paris riots in 1975 when he didn't want to associate with them anymore, so he started coming to BDTBL with me.

We had season tickets and did away games together for a good few years until I moved to Maidenhead.

My wife and I went for a beer with him and another mate last Thursday and on Saturday he rang me and said he was thinking of getting a season ticket again

I hope he does but my mates will have to make allowances as he's not the sharpest Blade in the box but he's a lovely guy with a big heart.

I have a mate from Leeds who was a Leeds Utd fan until the Paris riots in 1975 when he didn't want to associate with them anymore, so he started coming to BDTBL with me.

We had season tickets and did away games together for a good few years until I moved to Maidenhead.

My wife and I went for a beer with him and another mate last Thursday and on Saturday he rang me and said he was thinking of getting a season ticket again

I hope he does but my mates will have to make allowances as he's not the sharpest Blade in the box but he's a lovely guy with a big heart.
Well we already make allowances for you.......

More the merrier .

Just flew over to my daughter's in Spain. Got talking to the lady sat next to me on the plane. She is from South Cave, but unfortunately turned out to be a pig, so we didn't talk football after that :)

Only know one pig in the village who is married to a Blade.

The land between the M1 and Penistone which is in Barnsley Borough, but not historically of it! Used to be in the old West Riding, like Stocksbridge, Bradfield, Oughtibridge etc which are now in Sheffield but not historically of it.

The old Barnsley Borough was quite small, population 67,000, the West Riding included everywhere else outside the town but now considered as part of Barnsley Metropolitan Borough, north south east and west, eg Wombwell, Hoyland, Elsecar, Darton, etc. When Barnsley fans brag about what percentage of Barnsley people support the club they conveniently forget to include those places.

Only know one pig in the village who is married to a Blade.
This one was married to a Hull City supporter, who gave me a right look of disdain when she told him I was a Blade. I just smiled. Rarr, rarr Tigers aren't even worth giving a dirty look. :)

Back
Top Bottom