Unitedites not from Sheffield

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bert

Reaction score
The lady who sits next to Bert in the Bramall Lane Corner has a southern accent.
However Bert would estimate that at least 90% of our supporters are Sheffielders.
Thoughts?

Ahead of the 2000/01 Sheffield derby (the first since 1993/94 in the league) I was interviewed along with my uncle in front of the Sky Sports cameras. We thought we both made fairly sensible points, but ultimately we weren’t used in what aired – which we decided was down to our southern accents, and definitely not because we were talking rubbish. Neither of us had lived in Sheffield, and though I wouldn’t rule out ever living there I think it’s probably unlikely. Which is substantially more than the chances of me ever living in Loughborough again...

I know someone from Dronfield who supports United. We cast our net far and wide and draw our support from all over the Radio Sheffield district! Impressive stuff really.

Of course that doesn't compare to Wednesdays worldwide fan base and beyond which according to Porktalk they have a supports club on Mars and Saturn

I know someone from Dronfield who supports United. We cast our net far and wide and draw our support from all over the Radio Sheffield district! Impressive stuff really.

Of course that doesn't compare to Wednesdays worldwide fan base and beyond which according to Porktalk they have a supports club on Mars and Saturn
There's a Sheffield Blades branch in distant Killamarsh too. Geographically SE Derbyshire :-o

Moi...the penny dropped quite early, and ever since it's been one trough after another, with the occasional peak to make me think, foolishly I must add, that we're just about to turn the corner.

It's the eternally grounded attitudes, the optimistic pessimism, and whatever else makes us the club we are, I wouldn't have it any other way.....c'mon you red and white wizzzardss!

The lady who sits next to Bert in the Bramall Lane Corner has a southern accent.
However Bert would estimate that at least 90% of our supporters are Sheffielders.
Thoughts?

BladeInThatcham, Ollessendro and moDtheGod aren't from Sheffield. They're still Blades.

My season ticket spot about 10 years ago was in front of a Reverend from the north of Ireland. His language was far from godly though.

Row SS of the Kop? I know him. Legend; and a huge Glentoran fan whose dislike of Celtic was admirable.

Last edited:
Perhaps 10% is a good guesstimate. Out of the six of us who attend matches, only one is nearly a Sheffielder, coming from Kiveton Park. One is a pwoper suvvener and the rest sound southern and definitely aren't from Sheffield. Once your bitten, doesn't matter where you're from.

I'm from York, and although I went to university in Sheffield, I was already a Blades fan for about 8 years before that.

I'm a Donny Blade. Don't judge me.

Me too and ... gulp... I even used to go to watch Donny Rovers. Not for 48 years though.

I also am a Donny blade. Owe my blades allegiance to a colleague of my dad who used to bring me the programmes from every home blades game during the 95/96 season - had me hooked at the age of 6!
Also slightly related is that the first kit I ever owned was a blades shirt and that is only owing to the fact my mum was so appalled with the quality of the Donny Rovers shirt!

Bert travels to The Lane with up to 6 people. His Bertship is the only born and bred Sheffielder although every person is a very committed Unitedite.

However Bert Jnr didn't have the option of supporting any other team.

Perhaps 10% is a good guesstimate. Out of the six of us who attend matches, only one is nearly a Sheffielder, coming from Kiveton Park. One is a pwoper suvvener and the rest sound southern and definitely aren't from Sheffield. Once your bitten, doesn't matter where you're from.
There's a couple who travel up from Reading that sit next to me.....I think you know them too NYB.

Haven't we had a thread very similar to this is the past?

Oh, and I was born in Sheffield, but haven't lived there for well over 20 years now!

'Guesstimate'!.........:eek: Strike 1.

2 more and you are off the forum! o_O

Back
Top Bottom