United 2 Reading 1 - report

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's right. Substitutions all get added on and I wasn't surprised when the '5' went up. There was an injury (Duffy, where the ref. forgot to make him leave the field). The main timewaster though was the ref. He was a fussy bastard, making free-kicks and throws perfect but missing obvious things. I think it was when Brooks got penalised for fouling their goalie and they took the free kick 20 yards further up the field. Also when Sharp was manhandled near the halfway line, he decided to give a 'bounce up' (can't remember when I last saw one of those). A better ref. would have told the Reading player not to contest it.

He made Reading re take a free kick for a moving ball and when they did the retake the ball was moving again and he was ten yards away.

Good report. I thought Brooks booking was fair as he kicked it into the keeper's face. The keeper probably deserved his own booking for slapping brooks upside the head.

He made Reading re take a free kick for a moving ball and when they did the retake the ball was moving again and he was ten yards away.

Moving balls from restarts, liberal approach to location for free-kicks, the bizarre drop-ball, and there seemed to be a medley of unpunished foul-throws from my view (we seemed to basketball-style pass the ball back in more than once).

Cheers Deadbat. What a treat it is to read your reviews these days me old.

Not one six or below in sight.

pommpey

Great to see so many differences of opinion on who was Man-of-the-Match. If you asked me, I'd be like a kid in a sweet shop being told you can have what you want - "only one thing mind" - and not being able to choose from all the lovely goodies on display.

Great to see so many differences of opinion on who was Man-of-the-Match. If you asked me, I'd be like a kid in a sweet shop being told you can have what you want - "only one thing mind" - and not being able to choose from all the lovely goodies on display.
I'm going for coconut mushrooms

I thought the referee was diabolical, United were scintillating for 70 minutes, then did enough in the last 20 to win despite a late rally. As for Reading's support, they reached the play off final last season, took over 30k to Wembley, and yet when offered the relatively cheap entry price of £22 and free coach travel, they can't even muster 1200. How can anyone take then seriously as a football club?

Slightly harsh on Carter-Vickers - could've done better for the goal but towards the last 10 mins when Reading where getting forward more he made four or five big headers to relieve pressure. I know this is basic defending but I felt for that last bit he dominated aerially very well.

Back
Top Bottom