Undr the cosh

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The one with Dean Windass is a cracker. Tom Pope’s isn’t bad either.

Can’t imagine many dressing rooms are like some of the story’s on the podcast describe anymore.

The one they do with Nicky Weaver is although an EX Pig is brilliant had me crying 😂!

Also the Paul Beesley one well worth a listen "Billy Whitehurst bringing his greyhound in for treatment" and also banging out some Wendy boys in Henrys

Which are your favourites UtC podcasts? I've just started getting into those..
CaptainMorgans will respond to your post on this thread rather than take the Bladespod thread off in a different direction!

In fairness they're all funny in their own way, but i'd say that this is my top 10

1 - Bruce Grobbelarr
2 - Dean Windass
3 - Matt Kilgallon
4 - David Dunn
5 - John Beresford
6 - Grant Holt
7 - Neil Shipperley
8 - Paul Beesley (possibly higher)
9 - Tommy Miller
10 - Gary Roberts - not quite as funny, but really interesting as it was talking about mental health

I'm still to go back to series 1 and 2 as i am listening to them either in the car or at work.

I won't include Leon Knight as he's just in his own category of completely mental... listen to a few others first

CaptainMorgans will respond to your post on this thread rather than take the Bladespod thread off in a different direction!

In fairness they're all funny in their own way, but i'd say that this is my top 10

1 - Bruce Grobbelarr
2 - Dean Windass
3 - Matt Kilgallon
4 - David Dunn
5 - John Beresford
6 - Grant Holt
7 - Neil Shipperley
9 - Tommy Miller
10 - Gary Roberts - not quite as funny, but really interesting as it was talking about mental health

I'm still to go back to series 1 and 2 as i am listening to them either in the car or at work.

I won't include Leon Knight as he's just in his own category of completely mental... listen to a few others first

Listened to a few on your list. Agree, they're all good. Haven't listened to Windass, or Grobelaar yet. Thought the Mark Crossley one was excellent, his stories / impressions of Brian Clough are superb.

I actually did enjoy the Leon Knight ones. An interesting insight if nothing else. He was certainly honest.

Listened to a few on your list. Agree, they're all good. Haven't listened to Windass, or Grobelaar yet. Thought the Mark Crossley one was excellent, his stories / impressions of Brian Clough are superb.

I actually did enjoy the Leon Knight ones. An interesting insight if nothing else. He was certainly honest.

If Leon Knight was less of a twat that actually listened to the advice he was given he would have had a much better career. He wouldn’t have needed to play for Wednesday. :)

Grobelaar wasn’t what I’d expected and I didn’t know about his past before football.

Will listen to mark crossley later

Leon Knight was off his rocker, so funny but also in his own world.

"Shithouse"!!! The Mark Crossley one is my favourite but in my opinion, any story or interview which is associated with Brian Clough is well worth a listen to.

Have you listened to the magic sponge hosted by Jimmy Bullard? Some of those are amazing. I remember the Graham Stack one and laughing my tits off.

1 - Bruce Grobbelarr
2 - Dean Windass
3 - Matt Kilgallon
4 - David Dunn
5 - John Beresford
6 - Grant Holt
7 - Neil Shipperley
9 - Tommy Miller

No Mark Crossley?

SHITHOUSE!

My favourites:

Crossley is the best
Nicky Weaver (well worth a listen despite Pig connections) is my second favourite
Michael Brown
Neil Shipperley
Brett Ormerod
Tommy Miller
Chris Sedgwick
Jason Price
Matt Kilgallon
Grant Holt
Jerry Taggart
Morgan and Hoyland

Windass is good but light on Blades content
Beesley’s isn’t that good sadly.

Brown and David Norris both comment on Warnock’s long rumoured behaviour re fines and sub appearances...

Grobbelaar is part fascinating and part bare faced liar.

Just listening to the Paul Beesley one at the moment.

True, but he wins hand down on the best single story featuring the greyhound.

That Greyhound story had me in stitches but I always had an underlying feeling he exaggerated other stories. I've no proof to back that up, it was just how I felt while watching it, he could be 100% genuine.

That Greyhound story had me in stitches but I always had an underlying feeling he exaggerated other stories. I've no proof to back that up, it was just how I felt while watching it, he could be 100% genuine.
I felt the same, especially as his telling of the Cantona / Hartfield incident made it sound much worse than it was.

Yeah, must admit I felt the same too, still, i'd rather believe this one wasn't :)

I don't know why women have an issue with this. I know if a woman was in a van and started bashing her tic-tac in front of me I wouldn't be calling the coppers.

To be honest, I'd probably start pulling the popes cap off to it and get arrested myself.

So in hindsight, I hope I don't see a woman doing it.

Even this one?!

Listened to the Clarke Carlisle episode, well worth a listen and a little deeper than some of the others.

Geoff Horsfield was brilliant as well.

My favourites:

Crossley is the best
Nicky Weaver (well worth a listen despite Pig connections) is my second favourite
Michael Brown
Neil Shipperley
Brett Ormerod
Tommy Miller
Chris Sedgwick
Jason Price
Matt Kilgallon
Grant Holt
Jerry Taggart
Morgan and Hoyland

Windass is good but light on Blades content
Beesley’s isn’t that good sadly.

Brown and David Norris both comment on Warnock’s long rumoured behaviour re fines and sub appearances...

Grobbelaar is part fascinating and part bare faced liar.
I thought the story Beesley told about playing with Billy Tightshirt in a reserve game against Leeds was quality too.

Back
Top Bottom