U23s away at Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Anyway. Enough of this shitwasp infighting about previous managers. This is my Thread. I'm putting my foot down.
Burnley are new at this level. They're on a Learning Curve. Ex Shirecliffer Connor Hall even gets in on the act a few miles up the road at Bolton. Sam Graham on the right begins to make sense as he Bombs on overlaps. I grow into Thomas. Greaves could have done the Hat Trick. Tyler Smith has - and made two more. All that ends with the Young Blades Top Of The Table. Ignore all that - I got over a quid off a Pint. Read on..... The Blog

http://ball-sup.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/impressive-stats.html

Is that the same "SemiPro" who against all the odds took over a club who was in freefall under Robson and dragged us kicking and screaming to within 90 minutes of getting back to the top flight with some proper back to basics football.

I don't understand your mentality, the football might not have been the most attractive to watch under Blacky but it still got the results. I still maintain if he had the backing he would have taken us up, and would have been managing in the top flight. He reminded me a lot of Tony Pulis and his record isn't too shabby is it?
Blackwell's redeeming feature was to be better than Bryan Robson, which is a bit like saying Osama bin Laden was more amiable than Adolf Hitler.
I would have backed 95% of professional football managers to get that squad of players promoted. That we picked not 1 but 2 of the small minority that were incapable goes down as one of the biggest clusterfucks this club ever made, and one from which we are just recovering now.

This is my Thread. I'm putting my foot down.

That's not how it works.

It has now moved on from an U23 kick and rush thread, to a higher cerebral level about Blackwell.

You will have to start a new thread and then try and keep it quiet if you just want to chat about shitwasps, beer and carrier bags.

Wilder won't be in any rush to play these youngsters. He doesn't do sentimentality. Last season he remained focused on getting promotion, getting 100 points. Kept with the same, tried and trusted players. Nothing was going to stand in his way.

He'll be equally focused this year.

Anyway. Enough of this shitwasp infighting about previous managers. This is my Thread. I'm putting my foot down.
Burnley are new at this level. They're on a Learning Curve. Ex Shirecliffer Connor Hall even gets in on the act a few miles up the road at Bolton. Sam Graham on the right begins to make sense as he Bombs on overlaps. I grow into Thomas. Greaves could have done the Hat Trick. Tyler Smith has - and made two more. All that ends with the Young Blades Top Of The Table. Ignore all that - I got over a quid off a Pint. Read on..... The Blog

Was the £4.20 for a Keg or Cask beer?, not a bad discount, had some of the Marble beers before, pretty good.

The cask beer brewers that I tend to look out for (recently), are ones like Tollgate, Totally Brewed and Brew York, never had a bad beer from any of those, whichever style they do. Pentrich doing some interesting ones as well, of and Tiny Rebel, from Wales.

Er.....just to keep this post on topic....well done to the lads! ;)

Thanks larky. Smith showed some backbone battling his way back in.
Callum Semple was probably leading the pack in training with the first team when Wilder first came. Anyone got an update as to when his return might be?
Callum Semple is now doing an 8 week preseason so will be back first game of 2018.
As long as all goes well.

It's a bit like there's some kind of winning virus that's spreading through the club. I think the women have also had a decent run of results.

Was the £4.20 for a Keg or Cask beer?, not a bad discount, had some of the Marble beers before, pretty good.

The cask beer brewers that I tend to look out for (recently), are ones like Tollgate, Totally Brewed and Brew York, never had a bad beer from any of those, whichever style they do. Pentrich doing some interesting ones as well, of and Tiny Rebel, from Wales.

Er.....just to keep this post on topic....well done to the lads! ;)

That particular £4.20 was for Cask Beer. The CAMRA discount was mentioned on the top of the blackboard. I've never seen a big whack discount like that - down to £3.15. I'll be honest. Price doesn't bother me. I used to be an Ale Cart. Quantity was everything. My favourite beer was ADS - Alcohol Delivery System. I can't keep up, those days are gone. I have my moments - but three is my normal limit on a matchday. If it's a nice bar/cafe. If the beer range is interesting. If it's got something I like. I won't worry how much it costs. Might as well be honest.

I also have the advantage of I can drink & enjoy owt - smoked porter, sour, brown 'uns, yellow 'uns, black 'uns......

I basically remain a Hop Head. If I had to choose a beer to keep me alive, it'd be a keg Double IPA - North of 7.4%. Deep, rich, good hit of residual sugar, then let the bitterness kick in. Amen to all the breweries you mention.... I always get a glow if I see a Hopcraft. On Keg, you can't miss if you see The Kernel. Well done to the Lads.

That particular £4.20 was for Cask Beer. The CAMRA discount was mentioned on the top of the blackboard. I've never seen a big whack discount like that - down to £3.15. I'll be honest. Price doesn't bother me. I used to be an Ale Cart. Quantity was everything. My favourite beer was ADS - Alcohol Delivery System. I can't keep up, those days are gone. I have my moments - but three is my normal limit on a matchday. If it's a nice bar/cafe. If the beer range is interesting. If it's got something I like. I won't worry how much it costs. Might as well be honest.

I also have the advantage of I can drink & enjoy owt - smoked porter, sour, brown 'uns, yellow 'uns, black 'uns......

I basically remain a Hop Head. If I had to choose a beer to keep me alive, it'd be a keg Double IPA - North of 7.4%. Deep, rich, good hit of residual sugar, then let the bitterness kick in. Amen to all the breweries you mention.... I always get a glow if I see a Hopcraft. On Keg, you can't miss if you see The Kernel. Well done to the Lads.

I was drinking a load of Mikeller beers, in their bar in Copenhagen, now those prices really were eye-watering!

Great news. Must have been doing plenty of gym work since his injury. Let's hope he carries on where he left off.
I saw Semple in early August at the Sheffield Hallam University grounds. He was working one on one with a physio. He was standing on one leg, she was throwing the ball from two yards away, he was knocking it back to her with his raised leg, all the time balancing on the single leg, not touching the floor with his kicking leg, drill, switch legs, drill, repeat - he was really working hard.
I also saw him in late September, walking up the Leppings Lane stand on the way to his seat for the Derby. Fella looked good to me......
It's going to be very difficult for him to come back from his injury. Got to wish him the best...

My selfish, overriding consideration when I watch an U23 player is - "is he good to watch?"
Yes, Tyler Smith is good to watch. Difficult to say anything about him last night other than the stats. Binned off about 73 minutes, by which time, he'd scored three & set up two.
"Is he ready for the First Team squad, maybe on the bench one week?" - No, miles off. None of those strikers - Wright Jnr, Hallam, Parkhouse, Hirst, Smith, Greaves - are anywhere near good enough for First Team consideration as yet. They're kids in development.
"Will he ever make it to our, or anybodies, First Team?" - Don't know, I'm a football fan who likes a beer, not a Clairvoyant - I'll tell you what ..... I'll say No.
"Will any of them?" - I like players who have versatility, more than one string - I like Jordan Hallam - among other strengths, he is great with a dead ball, little things like that can set kids apart. He'll play League football, but I doubt with us.

Not a very promising prediction! From the little I've seen I think Eastwood, Norrington-Davies, Graham, Gilmour, Slater, Hallam and Smith will become League players, but the next stage of their development is probably loans and first team football at some sort of senior level. How they grasp that opportunity will give a better indication of their chances with us.

Not a very promising prediction! From the little I've seen I think Eastwood, Norrington-Davies, Graham, Gilmour, Slater, Hallam and Smith will become League players, but the next stage of their development is probably loans and first team football at some sort of senior level. How they grasp that opportunity will give a better indication of their chances with us.
My "predictions" were just about the current crop of Strikers ..... from those, only Hallam for me....

I'll "reserve" on Greaves who is really an U18 player just beginning to shine at U23.

Is that the same "SemiPro" who against all the odds took over a club who was in freefall under Robson and dragged us kicking and screaming to within 90 minutes of getting back to the top flight with some proper back to basics football.

I don't understand your mentality, the football might not have been the most attractive to watch under Blacky but it still got the results. I still maintain if he had the backing he would have taken us up, and would have been managing in the top flight. He reminded me a lot of Tony Pulis and his record isn't too shabby is it?

My mentality is to know a fucking useless article when I see one.

Having read your second paragraph I don’t understand your sanity. Let’s run through that again: Because the former semi-professional, reserve, non-League goalie reminds you (and nobody else in the entire world) of Tony Pulis that means the useless fucker would have managed at the top level?

I’ve just witnessed a quantum leap, at last.

You favour ‘back to basics’ football. That tells me a great deal. I’ll introduce you to Muckanettles Nowt-Fancy, the renowned coach. The long winter evenings will just fly by.

Isn't Tyler Smith a Blade too, along with quite a few other top prospects around this age; Slater etc?

We will be a team and club full of actual Blades soon.

I hope and pray not. It would, inevitably, be a poor team. I want to continue the Golden path we’re on, not sabotage it.

My mentality is to know a fucking useless article when I see one.

Having read your second paragraph I don’t understand your sanity. Let’s run through that again: Because the former semi-professional, reserve, non-League goalie reminds you (and nobody else in the entire world) of Tony Pulis that means the useless fucker would have managed at the top level?

I’ve just witnessed a quantum leap, at last.

You favour ‘back to basics’ football. That tells me a great deal. I’ll introduce you to Muckanettles Nowt-Fancy, the renowned coach. The long winter evenings will just fly by.

By back to basics football, I mean I like to see my football team winning football matches by whatever way possible. For me winning football is entertaining football. Apart from Tufty Wilder the best football I've ever seen was under Lord David Bassett who produced a side and football to be proud of.

I don't know what you are getting at with the Muckanettle Nowt-Fancy reference

By back to basics football, I mean I like to see my football team winning football matches by whatever way possible. For me winning football is entertaining football. Apart from Tufty Wilder the best football I've ever seen was under Lord David Bassett who produced a side and football to be proud of.

I don't know what you are getting at with the Muckanettle Nowt-Fancy reference

I give up. I refer you to the explanation I have given countless times. The best way to play football is to pass and move not hoof and hope. The former is the way all the great teams play; the latter is grotesque, outdated, redundant garbage.

The two ways aren’t equal. It’s not ‘either way will do as long as we win’ because quite simply one way is infinitely more likely to win than the other. Proper football played the right way (Tufty says it all the time) wins games. It’s cause and effect, not coincidence.

Your assertion about the quality of Bassett’s football is risible nonsense.

You are a hoofer. I’d been given to believe you had ceased to exist by my good friend I should coco. He’ll need to have a rethink.

CC51C7BC-C4A8-4E92-96F8-0850F57FAC1C.jpeg

I give up. I refer you to the explanation I have given countless times. The best way to play football is to pass and move not hoof and hope. The former is the way all the great teams play; the latter is grotesque, outdated, redundant garbage.

The two ways aren’t equal. It’s not ‘either way will do as long as we win’ because quite simply one way is infinitely more likely to win than the other. Proper football played the right way (Tufty says it all the time) wins games. It’s cause and effect, not coincidence.

Your assertion about the quality of Bassett’s football is risible nonsense.

You are a hoofer. I’d been given to believe you had ceased to exist by my good friend I should coco. He’ll need to have a rethink.

View attachment 32464

So who is MuckNettle NowtFancy?

So who is MuckNettle NowtFancy?

An outstanding young coach and future managerial great. His football philosophy is “Nowt Fancy - like Bassett’. What better could a young, unsophisticated Hoofer ask?

3E578F17-6EF6-4E06-AB7E-ECE9AB3A96B1.jpeg

Thanks larky. Smith showed some backbone battling his way back in.
Callum Semple was probably leading the pack in training with the first team when Wilder first came. Anyone got an update as to when his return might be?
What people don’t realise about Ty Smith is he spent quite a while out injured with a nasty hip injury....let’s be realistic about getting the youth in the first team would anyone player young Bomber before JOC or CCV? Slater and Gilmour instead of Coutts And Fleck? Or TY Smith instead of Brooksey? Of course not but look another way in 12/18months time Jake Wright be 34ish Coutts 33 Billy 30+ Clarke 30+ And Donaldson 35 but rather than spend millions replacing them the current crop of youngsters will all be approaching 20/21 and more than ready to step upto the first team in between time most of them will likely go out on loan at some point to gain real experience of proper “it matters football” as has been stated before most of them have been there since 2006/7 so had a insular football upbringing, playing with players who depend on a win bonus or who are playing for a contract to secure their families future will be a good reality check and brilliant learning curve.

Is there a list of names the Bladey Tribute Act use published anywhere. It'll make it easier for me to keep up.......

I hope and pray not. It would, inevitably, be a poor team. I want to continue the Golden path we’re on, not sabotage it.
It was a tongue-in-check comment, not a prophetic vision.

Dave Beasant?

Just about to launch it. Nowt Fancy. Owd Muckanettles philosophy in action. You’d do better to concentrate on that which I’ve explained, rather than trying to guess the identity of the brightest, most innovative young coach in the game.

Good report Phill thanks.
Ti Smith seems to have run riot and Greaves is doing a regular scoring thing. Pleased that Graham is being extended on the right, they know what they are doing at the Academy.
After reading your blog I went out to sample a pint but the pub has been closed. Try again next week.

What people don’t realise about Ty Smith is he spent quite a while out injured with a nasty hip injury....let’s be realistic about getting the youth in the first team would anyone player young Bomber before JOC or CCV? Slater and Gilmour instead of Coutts And Fleck? Or TY Smith instead of Brooksey? Of course not but look another way in 12/18months time Jake Wright be 34ish Coutts 33 Billy 30+ Clarke 30+ And Donaldson 35 but rather than spend millions replacing them the current crop of youngsters will all be approaching 20/21 and more than ready to step upto the first team in between time most of them will likely go out on loan at some point to gain real experience of proper “it matters football” as has been stated before most of them have been there since 2006/7 so had a insular football upbringing, playing with players who depend on a win bonus or who are playing for a contract to secure their families future will be a good reality check and brilliant learning curve.
Spot on post Dream.
The club are now in a position where the youngsters can be given that bit extra time to develop.
One thing to remember is that I think most 23s watchers from last season would say Brooksey had talent but was not ready for the first team. It shows that given their opportunities a few of the young crop could hold there own.

Individually I look at them in isolation and ask myself if they were surrounded by first team players how would they perform.

I don't think they would let themselves or the club down.

Dem Pigs drew at Forest today to go level on points with us. Next league game is at the Old Rust Bucket. I'm guessing they will field a much more experienced team.

Back
Top Bottom