Pre-Season 17/18 U23 away at Oxford City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Horatio Hirst for them ?

We decided to have the day off today, as I've got man flu... So we're taking in a food festival at Bolsover instead.

Prior's Well Brewery Citra - 4.5% - seems nice enough, but I can taste sod all.

Cheers for the updates!

Seems odd we've allowed Hirst to go back out. Thought he'd be a big player for the 23s this year.

Good summary of the game. Some nice stuff played by Utd but they overdid it at times and frequently lost the ball in midfield thus causing problems for themselves.

I soon grew tired of JW Jr's continuous wrestling with the OCFC defence and non stop moaning at the officials - I bet he's a real pain to play against.

Thought Graham for Utd and Zac McEachran (Josh's brother) for OCFC were the stand out players.

Our 23's this year will take some time to get going with all the changes to the 11. No Reed or Brooks both excellent last year, no Kelly, Cummings or Semple in the back 3 but ok we got Semple to come back in, No Jake Bennett so far who with Stevie Mallon was a revelation last year both will come back in for the season, Slater and Gilmour will be fine but remember the former is still 17yrs old. Ty Smith will score goals and when he's not suspended Jake Wright will do what Jake Wright does, maybe we won't be at it from the off but come Christmas we will be a better side, let's not lose sight of the fact it's a development side if they finish the season better players than when they started then has it not been a successful season? UTB

Back
Top Bottom