U23 and U18 Options

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WorcBlade

Reaction score
Chris Wilder has publicly said he needs a creator and match winner in Midfield. Just looking through the U23's and U18's Hassan Ayari looks a player, has anyone seen him live? Is he anywhere near ready for the first team?

Chris Wilder has publicly said he needs a creator and match winner in Midfield. Just looking through the U23's and U18's Hassan Ayari looks a player, has anyone seen him live? Is he anywhere near ready for the first team?
The only younger players that are anywhere near our first team are currently out on loan gaining experience. We won't be promoting any kids internally anytime soon.

Ask Ball_Sup (Phil) if you want a bit more detail.

Cheers Derek.... Having looked at Youtube videos and the match highlights for the under 18, Hassan Ayari looks to have something different about him, fast feet, fast mind, can pick a pass and can finish... If he's good enough, he's old enough.

Cheers Derek.... Having looked at Youtube videos and the match highlights for the under 18, Hassan Ayari looks to have something different about him, fast feet, fast mind, can pick a pass and can finish... If he's good enough, he's old enough.
Ravel Morrison looks decent on youtube I've heard ;)

The only younger players that are anywhere near our first team are currently out on loan gaining experience. We won't be promoting any kids internally anytime soon.

Ask Ball_Sup (Phil) if you want a bit more detail.
Sorry WorcBlade (& derekacorah) if you want to see what I thought (very much past tense) of Hasan all those years ago before football became a soulless made for TV spectacle with pre arranged, choreographed results, could you just use SEARCH. I hope that doesn't sound like a fob off. But, I've moved on & don't have a dog in this fight anymore. Natch, I will say Hasan was many, many miles away from a first team squad place - with a big long queue in front of him.

Best I've got nowadays

From reading reports he's been playing for the U18s. Surely U23s would be the next step.

I have spoken to Paul Heckingbottom about Hassan (my daughter plays in the same team as Paul's daughter) and he is very highly regarded but not ready for the first team yet. This is true of a few of the U18s, more so than the U23s.

Hassan and my daughter are big mates and he is also one of the nicest lads you could ever wish to meet, so I'm hoping he does come up to the mark.

"....Was there ever any doubt that Hassan was bending that top corner?! What a strike again from our number 9!..."

Ready made song for the lad

He's our striker, he's our number 9
Scoring goals in the red and white
On a free from the A-cademy
and he goes by the name of Ayari

(sorry Oli McB, it's still your song for now)

1-1 after 10 minutes.
Anyone got the team sheet?

Are there any players not playing, that might indicate they’ll be involved tomorrow?

Lopata & Ndiaye I guess.

Lopata was training with the first team, but he's also just back from international duty.

I suppose from the excellent team last year, they are missing Amissah/Dewhurst in goal, Seriki at right back, Boyes at left back, Neal in midfield and N'Diaye up front. Plus they are missing Lopata who seems to have come on leaps and bounds over the summer.

It's showing us well. Getting a 'doing' 4-1 at the moment. Lack of discipline in midfield, just walking into trouble and coughing up possession. Only started watching during the second half. God knows how we didn't clear the 4th. Keeper made two saves and then rather than hook the rebound away we seemed to just plant it in our own net.

Was expecting better to be honest. Brunt is playing the simple balls but with his experience at this level I expected him to dictate more.

Back
Top Bottom