U23’s v Ipswich

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LETS GO CHEDWYN, LETS GO! What's happened to me, suddenly I sound like a Steelers fan!

U23s.jpg

Kayne Diedrick-Roberts seems to be a former Man Utd striker who was released in the summer. Simeon Oure is a young player from France I think.

Doherty and Mallon could be playing in defence if we're playing 3-5-2. They have usually been playing further forward.

Dewhurst
Doherty Graham Mallon
Diedrick-Roberts - - - - - - - - - - - - - Norrington-Davies
Slater Gilmour
Hallam
Evans Smith

Last edited:
View attachment 36159

Kayne Diedrick-Roberts seems to be a former Man Utd striker who was released in the summer. Simeon Oure is a young player from France I think.

Doherty and Mallon could be playing in defence if we're playing 3-5-2. They have usually been playing further forward.

Dewhurst
Doherty Graham Mallon
Diedrick-Roberts - - - - - - - - - - - - - Norrington Davies
Slater Gilmour
Hallam
Evans Smith
why are we fielding thirteen players :D

View attachment 36159

Dewhurst
Doherty Graham Mallon
Diedrick-Roberts - - - - - - - - - - - - - Norrington-Davies
Slater Gilmour
Hallam
Evans Smith

Swap Norrington-Davies and Mallon, the rest seems to be correct.

If anyone chants that.....I'm OUT! UTB

I used to go to a few Steelers games - my ex girlfriend was a fan! The atmosphere is good but very different to football and I never adjusted to be honest! We talk about wanting families back in football and I agree with that, but in British Ice Hockey the atmosphere was just to wet!

Very comfortable 2-0. No threat from them, and Blades cruising it. Ched looks to me like he's giving himself till about mid to end-March to get himself fully firing. If he's fully firing by then I'll be happy and I suspect Wilder will be too.

That’s twice I’ve seen Jordan Doherty play in a back 3 and I have to say he looks a much better player than when he plays further forward, at least he tries to play into the midfielders and not just play a percentage ball aimlessly forward

That’s twice I’ve seen Jordan Doherty play in a back 3 and I have to say he looks a much better player than when he plays further forward, at least he tries to play into the midfielders and not just play a percentage ball aimlessly forward
We're struggling a bit with bodies for the back three. I've got it as Semple, Ferguson, Cantrill injured. I have no idea where Ben Heneghan has disappeared to. He captained the U23s earlier in the season. It's opinions ain't it. But, I prefer Doherty as attacking midfielder. But, I'll go with you. He's looked (surprisingly) comfortable & versatile in a back three.
I cover that, Trialist report, Ched Watch, Jake Wright's first challenge, blood injuries, piss poor Monday opening hours (again) & a match report of sorts in my Blog post from last night. For the chronically interested...
http://ball-sup.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/blood-bin.html

We're struggling a bit with bodies for the back three. I've got it as Semple, Ferguson, Cantrill injured. I have no idea where Ben Heneghan has disappeared to. He captained the U23s earlier in the season. It's opinions ain't it. But, I prefer Doherty as attacking midfielder. But, I'll go with you. He's looked (surprisingly) comfortable & versatile in a back three.
I cover that, Trialist report, Ched Watch, Jake Wright's first challenge, blood injuries, piss poor Monday opening hours (again) & a match report of sorts in my Blog post from last night. For the chronically interested...
http://ball-sup.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/blood-bin.html

Great report. The trialist right wing back looked to have some pace and I thought he had a reasonable first half. I was hoping he'd settle down and improve more as the game went on, but he was worse second half. It's a new position for him and it's not easy coming into a game without knowing any of your teammates. With Freeman and Bennett out it would make sense to bring in a short term (or future) signing in this position, but not sure he's the answer. Portman looked quick, but also raw, when he came on.

I like the midfield trio of Slater, Gilmour and Hallam. They are a bit similar to Fleck, Coutts and Duffy respectively in terms of style and build. Hallam's corner kicks are excellent, whipped in with pace and dipping dangerously. Looks like he can shoot and score from that position. He has quiet spells, but there always seems to be an end product with him, often involved when we create chances. Time for a L2 loan, maybe? I thought Norrington-Davies again showed his great potential, despite being out of position, and Slater was also good.

Back
Top Bottom