Two wins to get to Wembley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ironic result from today. Coventry 0-0 Birmingham. All that travelling for the replay. (Mark Robins refused to tske the managers spot in the car park today. Will he get it for the replay?)

At HT I allowed myself to think we were getting to the final. It was a brilliant day out
I allowed myself to think that too, never forget that halftime dancing around with people I didn’t even know but they felt like my best mates for 15 mins, I’d just got served with 2 pints as we scored by the time I finished jumping around both pints were empty and I had to buy another 2 pints £20 but I didn’t care.

if we do some how win 3 games & make a final. the need to start building that statue as soon as the SF FT whistle is blown

I allowed myself to think that too, never forget that halftime dancing around with people I didn’t even know but they felt like my best mates for 15 mins, I’d just got served with 2 pints as we scored by the time I finished jumping around both pints were empty and I had to buy another 2 pints £20 but I didn’t care.
I can fully believe it was 20 quid for 2 pints cos I paid 15 pound for fucking chicken and bastard chips!

This club has had a habit over the years of taking us fans right to the edge before total heartbreak......
But in Chris Wilder the belief is just maybe he can deliver one day.
It’s been too long but with a slice of fortune who knows.....

What I'd like to know is if we got to the semi final and the other semi finalists are liverpool, Manchester city, and Leicester does that mean we qualify for Europe in the direct to league fa cup spot or does the qualification go to 7th spot in the league

from what i understand england only gets 1 guaranteed europa league spot through the league because in 2012/13 this played out with Swansea & wigan winning the domestic cups, 5th goes through the play off round (1 game away) but league cup winner 3rd qualifying round (2 games away) & FA cup winners go straight into group stage

but if lets say man city win the league cup & liverpool win the FA cup. then 5th would go into the group stage, 6th play off round, 7th 3rd qualy rd

from what i understand england only gets 1 guaranteed europa league spot through the league because in 2012/13 this played out with Swansea & wigan winning the domestic cups, 5th goes through the play off round (1 game away) but league cup winner 3rd qualifying round (2 games away) & FA cup winners go straight into group stage

but if lets say man city win the league cup & liverpool win the FA cup. then 5th would go into the group stage, 6th play off round, 7th 3rd qualy rd
5th and FA cup winners to league stages. League cup winner to 2nd qualifying round. If appropriate cup winners qualify by league placing, goes to next highest league place.

2 wins to Wembley? Is that the semifinal or final?

Not in agreement with the semifinal at Wembley so not sureI I would attend that. Much prefer the quarters.
Wouldn’t attend that? Pfff

I fancy us to beat anyone home and away even Liverpool because they will likely play there youngsters in every round unless they reach the final. We've gone toe to toe with Man City twice already so we are capable of beaten them.

I fancy us to beat anyone home and away even Liverpool because they will likely play there youngsters in every round unless they reach the final. We've gone toe to toe with Man City twice already so we are capable of beaten them.
Like your optimism but even though we didn't get "bummed" in those four matches. We failed to score a single goal and did we even get over the halfway line at Anfield other than changing halves at half time ? UTB :)

Why wouldn’t you attend? You go to support the club not a decision made by the FA

I did say not sure. This is because I would like to be principled I also know the occasion would probably get the better of me.

I am of a generation where I used to watch semifinals at a packed Villa park and the like. Then the final was an extra prize of a trip to the twin towers.

The decision to have the semifinals at Wembley once again was nothing but a financial move. They made a right balls up of the new Wembley and had to recoup the money somewhere.

Once again the cost falls on the supporter while the game sits on or spends millions. Ok this is where we are at but it does seem to make the final not as special. Saying that the whole FA cup has gone down hill from when I was a wee lad.

Despite all of the above being said I would be beside myself if we won the cup. UTB⚔️

I did say not sure. This is because I would like to be principled I also know the occasion would probably get the better of me.

I am of a generation where I used to watch semifinals at a packed Villa park and the like. Then the final was an extra prize of a trip to the twin towers.

The decision to have the semifinals at Wembley once again was nothing but a financial move. They made a right balls up of the new Wembley and had to recoup the money somewhere.

Once again the cost falls on the supporter while the game sits on or spends millions. Ok this is where we are at but it does seem to make the final not as special. Saying that the whole FA cup has gone down hill from when I was a wee lad.

Despite all of the above being said I would be beside myself if we won the cup. UTB⚔

I agree with what you are saying, I did prefer the neutral venue to be the likes of Old Trafford etc. but we are where we are.

For younger fans it will be amazing for them to see us at Wembley even if it’s just for the Semi. I’ve been to Wembley enough times that it isn’t as special anymore, so it’s all about getting to the final for me. It probably won’t get any bigger for a club like us to reach and hopefully win the FA Cup final.

A lot has gone right for us today.

Through to the next round.

Newcastle, Southampton and Spurs (who we still have to play in the league) have to play another 90 minutes of football.

West Ham gone 🤣.

A few lower league left.

Things are starting to come together nicely.

All the teams above us bar Wolves are still in it. However we have got something from all but LiVARpool Citeh and Leicester. We have got a point off the other three and should have beaten Spurs and not let a two goal lead slip against Manure so with the right draw we could progress. The issues are we would need to get the 40 point tipping point before we can go for it with the "first team" we maybe able to achieve that before the next round. So we may be able to go for it hopefully but it would require a good draw i.e. not one the six above us away.

Didn't they have a one-off semi-final for Arsenal and Spurs, then we complained that we should have it there as well (us v Owls). Then it kind of became a tradition - as the FA couldn't turn down other teams that also would have liked to watch their team there.

I mean it wasn't a cynical marketing idea by the FA.

Didn't they have a one-off semi-final for Arsenal and Spurs, then we complained that we should have it there as well (us v Owls). Then it kind of became a tradition - as the FA couldn't turn down other teams that also would have liked to watch their team there.

I mean it wasn't a cynical marketing idea by the FA.
We only had the Semi against the trotters at Wembley because the FA wouldn't stump up the money for a trip to the Maracana Stadium so all the little piggies could get in ;)

With only two more wins until Wembley,with some favourable draws for us and Premiership teams against each other there’s the very slim chance we might run into the piggies for a rerun of the 1993 semi final,revenge would be sweet⚽⚔️

With only two more wins until Wembley,with some favourable draws for us and Premiership teams against each other there’s the very slim chance we might run into the piggies for a rerun of the 1993 semi final,revenge would be sweet⚽

That match would be beyond tense!!

Then it kind of became a tradition - as the FA couldn't turn down other teams that also would have liked to watch their team there.

That is not correct and presumably you were not at OT in 1998 and 2003?

It was only after the massive cost over run on the new Wemberlee, that the FA were desperate to maximise income. It was all about them getting a share of larger gate receipts rather than anything to do with what the clubs wanted to do.

the strange thing is with all games now decided on the day from 5th round on a team can win the cup without winning a game , in 4 games with draws and penalty shoot out wins

Having the semis at Wembley is great for sides who haven't had the chance to play there much (us in 93) or who are quite unlikely to make the final and haven't had much else to shout about recently (like we were in 2014). Generally though its a big bag of shite.

The expense and hassle of travelling down to London when 35,000 other people from the same area are doing the same thing, only to have to do it all over again a few weeks later if you make the final. Its not even like the ticket prices reflect this either - top dollar for both fixtures.

When people talk about the FA Cup losing its magic this is something that has contributed massively and it is a very easy fix. Just go back to the non-batshit system of playing the Semi-final at a suitable neutral venue approximately half way between the two clubs and don't rinse the supporters. Save Wembley for the big showpiece right at the end of the season at a time that both sets of supporters can comfortably have a few pints after the game and make it back home before midnight.

Obviously the FA feel the need to trouser as much cash as possible but as it stands the cups are in terminal decline, they will have to merge them at some point so will end up losing the League Cup final revenue and will continue to struggle to fill Wembley for the semis and final.

Having the semis at Wembley is great for sides who haven't had the chance to play there much (us in 93) or who are quite unlikely to make the final and haven't had much else to shout about recently (like we were in 2014). Generally though its a big bag of shite.

The expense and hassle of travelling down to London when 35,000 other people from the same area are doing the same thing, only to have to do it all over again a few weeks later if you make the final. Its not even like the ticket prices reflect this either - top dollar for both fixtures.

When people talk about the FA Cup losing its magic this is something that has contributed massively and it is a very easy fix. Just go back to the non-batshit system of playing the Semi-final at a suitable neutral venue approximately half way between the two clubs and don't rinse the supporters. Save Wembley for the big showpiece right at the end of the season at a time that both sets of supporters can comfortably have a few pints after the game and make it back home before midnight.

Obviously the FA feel the need to trouser as much cash as possible but as it stands the cups are in terminal decline, they will have to merge them at some point so will end up losing the League Cup final revenue and will continue to struggle to fill Wembley for the semis and final.

well said ,
wembely semi finals are b#llcoks and generally the atmosphere is mostly rubbish there and as you say costs a fortune
, the newcastle and Arsenal games at Old Trafford were fantastic, great atmospheres great build up and easy to get to

personally would rather go to Cardiff again than wembley ! a shocking 90mins to finish a great season but the build up to the match /drinking round the castle etc was spot on!

In August I would not have believed it. But after seeing us go toe to toe on multiple occasions with some of the best teams in the country and world. Anything is possible with this side.

Back
Top Bottom