Trying to convert some

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yank

I don't get no respect!
Reaction score
Several of my co-workers watch the Prem but of course are fans of Man U or Arsenal mainly.When asking them why, their response is always the same,'They get the most coverage' Or 'Everyone else is.'

To me that's a pretty shit excuse to support a club.Yes they do get the most coverage here in the States, but who really gives a fuck.

Long story short, I've had some conversations with a few of them about me being a newer but still already fervent Blade supporter, and how the Blades are a proper club and not a plastic or bandwagon one like Arsenal,Man U,etc.

Trying my best to convert some of them into being a Blade, but if they insist on sticking with what they got then piss on them.

I myself love the Blades already: Fans I have interacted with on here and other places have been awesome and I am so happy I started watching us.

Whatever happens this upcoming season, I am going to enjoy the ride, and develop my affinity for the club even more.

UTB.:D

Several of my co-workers watch the Prem but of course are fans of Man U or Arsenal mainly.When asking them why, their response is always the same,'They get the most coverage' Or 'Everyone else is.'

To me that's a pretty shit excuse to support a club.Yes they do get the most coverage here in the States, but who really gives a fuck.

Long story short, I've had some conversations with a few of them about me being a newer but still already fervent Blade supporter, and how the Blades are a proper club and not a plastic or bandwagon one like Arsenal,Man U,etc.

Trying my best to convert some of them into being a Blade, but if they insist on sticking with what they got then piss on them.

I myself love the Blades already: Fans I have interacted with on here and other places have been awesome and I am so happy I started watching us.

Whatever happens this upcoming season, I am going to enjoy the ride, and develop my affinity for the club even more.

Gibr-alter some opinions

You should all watch "When Saturday Comes" it's a bit crap but it's got Sean Bean in it and he's pretty famous, might make them take notice.

Never seen a drama about Arsenal starring a critically acclaimed actor.

You should all watch "When Saturday Comes" it's a bit crap but it's got Sean Bean in it and he's pretty famous, might make them take notice.

Indeed, Sean Bean beats Colin Firth hands down.

Why do you want to convert them? Their reasons for picking a team should tell you not to bother. Or at the very least, the time to convert them is not now, when we're in the PL, or you'll find them reverting to the Arse and Man U if we get relegated (unlikely though that is, obviously).

just tell them we have overlapping tight end's, that should do the trick

More like the Tackle going downfield, the Guard overlapping him, receiving a pass and lateralling it to the Running Back who scores an unimpeded Touchdown.

Apologies if you've discussed this before, but how come the Blades?

You're most welcome in the family anyway brother

Tell them it’s about maybe being the smallest kid in the playground but we bloody the most noses as we’re taken down, only to get back up, brush ourselves down and go again.
Oh, and Flea from the Chilli Peppers is a Blade.

EE5EAEF9-5F25-4F88-A3E3-0B3F8B8B95A3.gif

Last edited:

You stick to the underdog mate. How did you come to support the blades then?

I used to work with a supplier from Lincoln NE and he emailed asking how the football pyramid worked as he couldn't understand why Man City were playing an English team at the weekend and Barcelona mid week. We had some lengthy email chats explaining stuff etc. Before he asked who my team was... As far as I know, he's followed us ever since, maybe 2013 time..

Didn't Harry Enfield (a very critically acclaimed actor) play the character of Charles Charley-Charles? Might not have played for Arsenal though.

attempting to convert ‘fans’ of big teams to support the blades is a bit like trying to convert a jehova’s witness to drugs and casual sex. i’ve been there man, you’re wasting your time.

attempting to convert ‘fans’ of big teams to support the blades is a bit like trying to convert a jehova’s witness to drugs and casual sex. i’ve been there man, you’re wasting your time.
So just how many Jehovah s Witnesses have you tried to convert to casual sex and drugs? Were they male or female? And what drugs were you offering? I need to know for research purposes.

Hi Mate and welcome to our wonderful family.
Organise a bunch of you to come to Bramall Lane and they will soon be converted. Made of steel instead of plastic.
And don't worry,plenty will show you where the "Best" Beer is..A plethora of Sheffield's finest. It's the quality of the water arguably makes it stand out from many others countrywide.
A biased view perhaps but that's part of what makes us so proud to be Blades.;) UTB

Great that you chose United and flying the flag for the Blades in the States! Great work! We have to put up with Man U and Liverpool fans here that are from Sheffield which I always find very disappointing but its their loss quite frankly!

So just how many Jehovah s Witnesses have you tried to convert to casual sex and drugs? Were they male or female? And what drugs were you offering? I need to know for research purposes.

haha, *top banter*

just the one, female. i worked with her a while back. she’d broke up with her husband about six months before i met her and was obviously feeling very frustrated. i don’t drink alcohol, the drug i suggested was mdma.

Love the avatar Yank :D

Back
Top Bottom