Trouble after the match.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure if anyone else has heard owt, but a lad at work, who's a ticket holder at Manure, reckons there's quite alot of there fans travelling without tickets.
Oh that's absolute bollocks Manure fans these day are old blokes in Car Coats for gods sake! Bring it on!!! lol

Yet a suburb of the city has become just that, according to a study released today. The Hallam district of Sheffield, to the west of the city, is home to the largest number of affluent people anywhere in England outside London and the South-East, says Barclays bank.
Almost eight per cent of those living in the suburb, which enjoys views of the Peak District, claim to earn more than £60,000. This is a higher percentage than traditionally wealthy areas such as Windsor, Berks, and Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
Hallam's fine Victorian houses, built by steel barons, are also home to a higher proportion of wealthy people than Tatton, over the Pennines in Cheshire, where the likes of David Beckham live, which comes 20th in the list of the top 50 affluent areas in Britain, with 7.7 per cent claiming to be in the high-earning bracket.
Macclesfield, near Manchester, follows with seven per cent earning more than £60,000, while Leeds North-East and Bristol West are close behind with 6.9 per cent and 6.7 per cent.

Telegraph 2002.
"Outside London and the South East".... Phew, for a minute then I thought I was going to be based under-par against a Victorian outback 'pied a terre'.

Oh that's absolute bollocks Manure fans these day are old blokes in Car Coats for gods sake! Bring it on!!! lol
You've just described my mate, the Burnley supporting ManUre fan from Burnley! 😂

Not sure if anyone else has heard owt, but a lad at work, who's a ticket holder at Manure, reckons there's quite alot of there fans travelling without tickets.
I know of at least 2 sat in the home end

and yet it (Hallam) is full of Vote Labour signs .. someone should tell them they’re first up for the gulag
Actually, it's mostly LibDem signs thanks to all the academics and other high flying public sector workers who have moved in. :rolleyes:

Actually, it's mostly LibDem signs thanks to all the academics and other high flying public sector workers who have moved in. :rolleyes:

When I lived at Fulwood, they were the types who swanned around in Berghaus gear while their kids spread nits throughout Hallam School, were scruffy, wore second hand and hand me down clothing and ran around nearby pubs causing well spoken havoc.

Can you ask them to keep clothing in the the area around their kidneys free from unnecessary padding.
My MO is to strike once from behind, and I need the first punch to be effective.

Tip then punch is the true Blades way.

Tip, punch.

When I was a nipper, our pig supporting next door neighbour took me to the pigs 4-4 draw at the sty in the mid 70's, when Man U completely took over their ground. I got a birds eye view from the south stand of the sea of red and white scarves held aloft on the east bank just before kick off. Funny as fuck. But if you talk to any senior pig old enough to remember it, they just try and dismiss it as 'just one or two in there'. Check out the old TV highlights when Man U score at that end of the ground. 😆

Last edited:
When I was a nipper, our pig supporting next door neighbour took me to the pigs 4-4 draw at the sty in the mid 70's, when Man U completely took over their ground. I got a birds eye view from the south stand of the sea of red and white scarves held aloft on the east bank just before kick off. Funny as fuck. But if you talk to any senior pig old enough to remember it, they just try and dismiss it as 'just one or two in there'. Check out the old TV highlights when Man U score at that end of the ground. 😆

Looks like a crowd of at least 60,000.

I was also a kid at that game and it was scary as hell outside. Brilliant game though, notwithstanding that my two most hated teams were playing.

I was taken to that game too by my grandad not sure where utd were playing that day I assume away somewhere that my dad wouldn't take me , hated every minute of being in that shithole and remember being scared too there were manure fans all round us too in the south stand
UTB NBM

My first ever game was the opening game of the Premier League (Deano first goal). We sat in South Stand. Was quite a bit of bother even then, with Man U plastics in our end.

Half the kop cheered the first goal, easy to get big crowds if the opposition can bring 25000.

Consistently said this.

Back
Top Bottom