Transfer listed players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Vassilis

Reaction score
Out of the transfer listed players, I've only seen Leon and Ched training with the first team. Where are Carruthers, Holmes and Heneghan? Seems a bit 'unWilder' to make them train by themselves, especially when the current squad is barely big enough to have an 11v11 training match. Could understand it if they were finalising moves elsewhere, but it seems Leon and Ched are closest to finding new clubs.

On luxury extended holiday. Edit...

Is it not possible to just enjoy the pre season and look forward to playing in the premier league without finding shit to worry about?

Might be something to do with the fact that were actually spending a fair bit of cash, because that's all I was worried about.. the budget.

Our rapid rise means they'll be difficult to move on given the wages they will be on. We may have to grin and bare it or part-fund departures. I assume they are all more likely to be loaned than sold.

Is it not possible to just enjoy the pre season and look forward to playing in the premier league without finding shit to worry about?
We can never ship players out like other clubs. We still need players out to balance the books.

Is odd there has been little or no serious interest in them???

We probably needed Leon and ched for numbers before CR and LM signed but I’m surprised they arnt making an exit.

Holmes and carruthers and henneghan would be best placed finding a club so they actually get some preseason time to put them in the best spot for starting next season

We can never ship players out like other clubs. We still need players out to balance the books.
We shipped Evans and Leonard out quick enough. Our problem is that we’ve progressed very quickly and left a number of players behind.
I get your point that if you added up their wages, it’s costing us at least one extra PL player, probably more like two if we include Leon. In an ideal world we’d get rid of them all.
I can only guess that we’re holding out for permanent deals, rather than subsidised loans, waiting for other clubs to get desperate or to move players on so they can raise some money.

It’s a weird window imo. There’s a lot of business for clubs to do and lots of talk about players moving but not a great deal of action. Look at Man U, still stuck with Pogba and Lukaku, can’t get Maguire over the line and seem to want to spend time nit picking over Hendo’s contract and argue about a sum that is essentially fuck all to them.

Is odd there has been little or no serious interest in them???

We probably needed Leon and ched for numbers before CR and LM signed but I’m surprised they arnt making an exit.

Holmes and carruthers and henneghan would be best placed finding a club so they actually get some preseason time to put them in the best spot for starting next season
Nobody wants Holmes or Carruthers, high wages and barely.played the last 12m due to various injuries. Oxford were lumbered with them both last season and hardly saw them play.

Those 2 will both need paying off or we will need to pay nearly all their salary to get someone to take them on loan. Not a problem with the premiership money but would have been a big burden otherwise.

I’d imagine they’re training with clubs who want to look at them? I’d imagine most leave on loan for the season and leave next summer when their contracts are up..what we seem to do a lot

Deadline day for the Premier League and Championship is 8th August but the 2nd September for Leagues 1 & 2. Wilder is probably concentrating on the incomings we want first and may well look to offload later. Only 2 or 3 players we're letting go are likely to interest Championship teams anyway.

Thomas out on loan to Gillingham.

Contracts do expire and I can’t see anyone transfer listed being on eye watering money.

Back
Top Bottom