Transfer Budget

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't think it was a Wolves Jota level get though. For me it was like a Dwight Gayle or Tammy Abraham signing, not shown their best in the Prem but better than the Championship.
Ill be honest i didnt know much about him but people whos views i respect like tony cascarino thought he was way too good to drop down a level and that newcastle were mad not to play him

Why not go for neymar and spread it over 5 years ?
I'll humour your ridiculous point:
1. We can't afford the 150million quid
2. We can't afford his wages which I'm guessing since Bale is on 600k /week would be similar.
3. We shouldn't spread the cost of a player beyond 3 years because that's the only period of time we'll be guaranteed getting the additional income.
4. It is better to remain quiet than thought an idiot.
5. You need to remain quiet.

I'll humour your ridiculous point:
1. We can't afford the 150million quid
2. We can't afford his wages which I'm guessing since Bale is on 600k /week would be similar.
3. We shouldn't spread the cost of a player beyond 3 years because that's the only period of time we'll be guaranteed getting the additional income.
4. It is better to remain quiet than thought an idiot.
5. You need to remain quiet.
You do know that every transfer is spread over a 3-4-5 year period don't you ?

The evidence is clear for all to see in what he posts.You say he is your football fwend and a United supporter,I say he is a Pig,we should leave it at that between us,because nothing you are going to say,will alter my view your football fwend is a Pig.

So I'm a liar and a guy I have known all my life as a passionate Blade is a pig.
I don't want to get barred so I won't post what I think you are.
Be happy to tell you though.
Funny thing is he is bang on in what he says. You don't like it that's your problem. This is a football forum not your North Korea party line or get insulted personal possession.
You've posted a lot of crap on this thread. None of it remotely correct.Your ego won't allow you to accept that. I actually have pig mates that are way more balanced and worth engaging with than you.

You do know that every transfer is spread over a 3-4-5 year period don't you ?
Which is great if you can guarantee, the income ergo my suggestion to buy Mitrovic over 3 years for 30m (ok we now know he's on circa 86k/week so it's a non starter) but you can't agree to buy him for 40m over 4 years as we could well be 10m light in the final year (if we get relegated after the first year) and you have to work to the worst possible likely scenario.

So I'm a liar and a guy I have known all my life as a passionate Blade is a pig.
Funny thing is he is bang on in what he says. You don't like it that's your problem. This is a football forum not your North Korea party line or get insulted personal possession.
You've posted a lot of crap on this thread. None of it remotely correct.Your ego won't allow you to accept that. I actually have pig mates that are way more balanced and worth engaging with than you.
Bless

Problem is, what he's saying is cobblers at this moment in time as we haven't bought anyone, or talked about the targets we're aiming at and nothing has been mentioned regarding the budget other than that it'll be generous or healthy, whichever word was used.

If he wants to come back on the 8th of August when the window shuts with some figures then fair enough, but as it is at the moment, he's just moaning about nothing at a time when there isn't really anything to moan about.

Even the court case, it's shit but apart from the bad press, it's not likely to affect Wilder during the window as the budget has already been agreed and is being bankrolled by winnings.

Negative nonsense based on invented worst case scenarios.

Saying things like "enjoy League One in a couple of years" doesn't do him any favours either, no Blade I know has that little faith in our management team.

Problem is, what he's saying is cobblers at this moment in time as we haven't bought anyone, or talked about the targets we're aiming at and nothing has been mentioned regarding the budget other than that it'll be generous or healthy, whichever word was used.

If he wants to come back on the 8th of August when the window shuts with some figures then fair enough, but as it is at the moment, he's just moaning about nothing at a time when there isn't really anything to moan about.

Even the court case, it's shit but apart from the bad press, it's not likely to affect Wilder during the window as the budget has already been agreed and is being bankrolled by winnings.

Negative nonsense based on invented worst case scenarios.

Saying things like "enjoy League One in a couple of years" doesn't do him any favours either, no Blade I know has that little faith in our management team.

It’s the board who people don’t have faith in why do you think wilder nearly left last summer

It’s the board who people don’t have faith in why do you think wilder nearly left last summer

He didn't though and has come out and thanked them since for their stance of putting the club first despite the court case.

Is there any reason to believe this won't continue?

He didn't though and has come out and thanked them since for their stance of putting the club first despite the court case.

Is there any reason to believe this won't continue?

Believe what won’t continue ?

Do you genuinely think wilder was happy with what we spent the first summer then January ? Then what we spent this season after selling brooks

Wilder is so good he knows when to avoid conflict hence saying he’s been happy with previous budgets

Why do you think he always bangs on about other teams spending ? Puts pressure on our incompetent bafoons upstairs

Believe what won’t continue ?

Do you genuinely think wilder was happy with what we spent the first summer then January ? Then what we spent this season after selling brooks

Wilder is so good he knows when to avoid conflict hence saying he’s been happy with previous budgets

Why do you think he always bangs on about other teams spending ? Puts pressure on our incompetent bafoons upstairs
I'm.confused
When it's negative towards the board we have to believe wilder but when it's positive wilders lying

We've made no bids for players yet.

According to Alan Nixon.

Not to say we have budget issues but this is highly irregular for the Wilder regime and raises concerns.

Yes Wilder works miracles year in year out but he should be provided more funds so we don't just rely on miracles.

If Derby go up they are going to go after similar players to us, and like last year probably offer higher wages.
I would have liked an offer or two in for our top targets already to be honest.

According to Alan Nixon.

Not to say we have budget issues but this is highly irregular for the Wilder regime and raises concerns.

Left if all quite late last summer didn't we though?

Henderson got sorted but I remember the Egan transfer interview being like "you've finally got one in!", and then Luke Steele and McG came in for a preseason friendly didn't they, was it Bradford?

Johnson was late too wasn't it, lots of waiting around, and then Washington and Cranie on deadline day.

Plus the Alan Nixon factor of it could be bollocks.

Henderson got sorted but I remember the Egan transfer interview being like "you've finally got one in!", and then Luke Steele and McG came in for a preseason friendly didn't they, was it Bradford?

Johnson was late too wasn't it, lots of waiting around, and then Washington and Cranie on deadline day.

Deals may have been done late but under Wilder we've moved quickly and wasted no time.

Nixon has though said that we'll match Brighton bids for McBurnie.

According to Alan Nixon.

I don’t think it’s concerning. Very few deals are done at this time of year and it’s plausible that some of Wilder’s main targets are either still playing or aren’t confirmed as available yet because their current club are trying to bring in a player or two first. Once those higher up the food chain start doing business the rest of us follow.

Given our supposed increased budget and the likelihood that we’re after more sought after players the process for each transfer will also take a lot longer. I’m sure that initial enquiries and conversations have taken place but I’m not at all surprised that we haven’t made bids yet, if that is indeed the case.

Not forgetting Ollie,who arrived after a couple of games wasn’t it,might have been more than two,come to think of it

I don’t think it’s concerning. Very few deals are done at this time of year and it’s plausible that some of Wilder’s main targets are either still playing or aren’t confirmed as available yet because their current club are trying to bring in a player or two first. Once those higher up the food chain start doing business the rest of us follow.

Given our supposed increased budget and the likelihood that we’re after more sought after players the process for each transfer will also take a lot longer. I’m sure that initial enquiries and conversations have taken place but I’m not at all surprised that we haven’t made bids yet, if that is indeed the case.

No major concerns because it's still early, but to me it does seem very unusual considering Wilder, how long we've been promoted, the big challenge ahead of us and our improved ability to spend.

I just hope we're not going to allow the court case to seriously delay our business.

Deals may have been done late but under Wilder we've moved quickly and wasted no time.

Nixon has though said that we'll match Brighton bids for McBurnie.
Not forgetting Ollie,who arrived after a couple of games wasn’t it,might have been more than two,come to think of it

Just before the Hull cup game with the loan window thing.

How many other teams in the Premier League have signed players?,btw,how good is it to be able to say that?

No major concerns because it's still early, but to me it does seem very unusual considering Wilder, how long we've been promoted, the big challenge ahead of us and our improved ability to spend.

I just hope we're not going to allow the court case to seriously delay our business.

Well at least he was in early for Deano, feelers went out at the Manchester derby.

He keeps saying (according to the Star) that he's waiting for the teams that still have football to play, so once that's done I think stuff will start happening.

He'll want them for the legendary CWAK preseason.

How many other teams in the Premier League have signed players?,btw,how good is it to be able to say that?

Bournemouth have pissed a load of money on a young CB from Bristol City, obviously the burn from pissing a load of money on a young CB from Brentford who it turns out is a bit crap, wasn't full thickness.

Sounds like he already has his budget to work with and has his targets in mind. There will be a logical reason as to why no bids yet. There may be players he’s after at Villa and Derby for instance. They don’t know what division they’re going to be in so won’t be doing any business yet.

He may also be after players from clubs that fear losing players to Liverpool or Spurs for instance, hence they’re holding on to others we might be interested in. Almost nothing will be done before those two games are concluded, it will be affecting hundreds of other pending deals across the four divisions.

Good question and I don’t think any so far. I haven’t been checking recently so may have missed one or two.

Re: your last question I still can’t believe we’re even talking about it.

I'm.confused
When it's negative towards the board we have to believe wilder but when it's positive wilders lying

Yes I think wilder would much rather put on a brace face and say he is happy to an extent instead of kicking off which would have turned us against the board which would have done know one any good

Stating the obvious but it's about spending wisely rather than spending loads. Someone mentioned Burnley before which is the way to do it. Fulham spent virtually their entire PL money on new players and fucked up. Huddersfield spent around 40m after promotion and scraped survival, then spent 50m the year after and were embarrassingly shit.

Back
Top Bottom