Transfer Budget

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Burnley are definitely a club we should look at as a blue print.

All those managers you list have done things sensibly and can see why Wilder would be looking at those .
All these spend spend spend merchants,should actually listen to what Wilder says in his interviews on the subject of how he is going to approach this season

Burnley are definitely a club we should look at as a blue print.

All those managers you list have done things sensibly and can see why Wilder would be looking at those .

Agree. They have a culture of improving what they have like Ben Mee & James Tarkowski. Then they add splashes of quality to upgrade on the guys who can’t quite cut it.

Once again Topplayersleave comes in with his entirely black and white world view.

I am not unambitious, but also I am not a cretin.

I don't think we are necessarily tight by nature, but as a club, as Wilder has stated recently, we have in the recent past given up too much control to agents and players signed by managers who hadn't a fucking clue.

A situation that by the looks of the court case, could have actually sent us into administration at one point.

We've turned it around now, took a few on the chin and had to pay off some contracts but it would be stupid to turn away from our current recruitment/wage policy entirely and start employing toxic high earners who are made of biscuits/ on their way down.

Reward players when they deserve it, look after them financially because they earn it, never make them feel like they don't have to work for a living as a Sheffield United player.

That's not to say we can't spend money, I think we'll spend a fair bit, but it'll be the correct signings from the grey area, ambitious but sensibly so.

I have not called out for massive investment
I have repeatedly said we need to invest, which we do.

But everything that's said gets twisted into a spend spend spend frenzy some dopey twats

That's not what has been said or even insinuated.

Sensible investment of a higher level than we've been used to, with Wilder in charge is no gamble at all IMO

In January 2018 transfer window,we enquired about Mitriovic,and the possibility of taking him on loan.His weekly wage at Newcastle was 82k a week,since then he has been transferred to Fulham,so I would hazard a guess that he is close to the 100k a week mark.
This is the first time a prohibitive wage figure has been mentioned for Mitrovic and you have stated it in a believable way (I don't know how you would know this number but I'm taking you at your word), if this had been mentioned 2 months ago when Mitrovic's name had first been raised it could've been put to bed then.

This is the first time a prohibitive wage figure has been mentioned for Mitrovic and you have stated it in a believable way (I don't know how you would know this number but I'm taking you at your word), if this had been mentioned 2 months ago when Mitrovic's name had first been raised it could've been put to bed then.

The person who told me is not a bullshitter,and is friends with one of the ‘Gang of Four’ at our club,who told him about Mitrovic.

It's crazy as the '20 goal a season' striker has always been what most clubs needed (irrespective of their ambitions) but the premiership has gone such a way that we're looking to find a '10 goal a season' striker (obviously supported by the rest of the team chipping in.

The Pig clearly wants us to go down the same disastrous route his team did,throw money at it,and dam the consequences,they had Clueless Carlos leading their vain attempt at promotion,we have Chris Wilder,it’s easy to see why he is hurting so much.

He's as much a pig as you are.

He's as much a pig as you are.
What absolute tosh you talk,what has any United fan,at this moment in time,got to moan about? All this Pig does is moan,then moan some more,in his twisted mind he is scoring some kind of victory,our promotion to the Premier League is hurting them.

What absolute tosh you talk,what has any United fan,at this moment in time,got to moan about? All this Pig does is moan,then moan some more,in his twisted mind he is scoring some kind of victory,our promotion to the Premier League is hurting them.

I repeat.
He's as much a pig as you mate. Just because you disagree with someone's opinion it dosent mean they're a pig.
Maybe debate the points rather than insult a fellow Blade which I can unequivocally guarantee is what he is.
Crack on.

Can't agree with this more.
My suggestion of Mitrovic (early doors) sparked the most outrage and I've explained how we do it (I said split payments over 3 years while we were getting Prem money/included wage cuts for relegation so we had that money) but no that has to be wrong. But people will happily suggest McBurnie (Not disputing here whether he'd be good or bad) whose fee will probably be 20 million. So as near a guaranteed goalscorer (Mitrovic) over a maybe. Other arguments, 'he's out of our league- list of clubs after him', only interest so far Southampton. I don't know about anybody else but we really need to be above these (and Brighton) next season to have a decent chance of staying up.
Why not go for neymar and spread it over 5 years ?

I repeat.
He's as much a pig as you mate. Just because you disagree with someone's opinion it dosent mean they're a pig.
Maybe debate the points rather than insult a fellow Blade which I can unequivocally guarantee is what he is.
Crack on.
Debate what points,he just slags us off,I take the opposite view.He ain’t no Blade,no matter what you guarantee sunshine.Crack on with the fact you have a Pig friend pretending to be a United fan

Has anyone actually shot him down for saying we should pay £4m for a player, because apparently that's happened, and shows as a fan base we are unambitious.

To be honest I don't think we'll sign more than a couple under £4m, and our biggest fee will be over £10m quite easily.

Perhaps the player with the suggested £4m fee is just shite and no-one agreed we should pay that much for him and it's hurt his feelings.

Any reason to have a dig though innit.

Has anyone actually shot him down for saying we should pay £4m for a player, because apparently that's happened, and shows as a fan base we are unambitious.

To be honest I don't think we'll sign more than one under £4m, and our biggest fee will be over £10m quite easily.

Perhaps the player with the suggested £4m fee is just shite and no-one agreed we should pay that much for him and it's hurt his feelings.

Any reason to have a dig though innit.
Guaranteed United fan,you’re not allowed to disagree,his mucked gets irate.

Maybe debate the points rather than insult a fellow Blade

The trouble is, he doesn't do 'debate'. He prefers his anti McCabe agenda and loves to beat the club with any stick.

Against my better judgement, I'll accept he isn't a pig but he's most certainly not a 'normal' Blade. After this season of all seasons, he still always wants to put the boot in.

A very strange kind of 'supporter' and it's no surprise if people call him out. Is he your mate or your other posting identity?

Mitrovic is the signing you make if you're playing as United on FIFA, not in real life.

Scores a few, but nowhere near enough to justify the likely £4m a year wages on top of whatever ridiculous fee Fulham would want, they probably want £25m at least.

That's not Yorkshire tightarsedness, it's knowing when to make sure your pants aren't about to be pulled down.

He scored 12 in the Championship when everyone noticed him, bet we could get a striker with a similar record, at a better age, who'd better fit our squad for a lot less if we looked in the Championship.

I think when the dust is settled we will be disappointed as per usual. With the current ownership group, I have little faith. Hoping I am wrong.....

I think when the dust is settled we will be disappointed as per usual. With the current ownership group, I have little faith. Hoping I am wrong.....

Surely after the past 3 years, some faith should be floating around.

If you think you're only giving it a go if you spunk money all over the place then you might be disappointed but I'd lump that in with being disappointed we've not signed Mbappe.

CWAK and staff have shown they can spend wisely and improve players, I'm the most optimistic I've ever been when it comes to United's dealings.

The owners are generating sensationalist press coverage but the money isn't coming from them anyway. We have our budget, and the right people to spend it.

The most important person at the club is wilder and if we get relegated and he is still here the club will be in a healthier position than I can ever remember
If we don't spend enough to keep.us up then we have more to get us back up again the next time round

I have total faith in Wilder and his ability to find and grow talent. He has worked miracles year in and year out. I am just speaking purely from an investment of funds. I don't see Wilder getting the support he deserves.

Mitrovic is the signing you make if you're playing as United on FIFA, not in real life.

Scores a few, but nowhere near enough to justify the likely £4m a year wages on top of whatever ridiculous fee Fulham would want, they probably want £25m at least.

That's not Yorkshire tightarsedness, it's knowing when to make sure your pants aren't about to be pulled down.

He scored 12 in the Championship when everyone noticed him, bet we could get a striker with a similar record, at a better age, who'd better fit our squad for a lot less if we looked in the Championship.

Lol mitrivic is quality if we wanted him we’d never get him he’ll go and Everton or maybe spurs as back up

Do people watch football on this forum ?

Lol mitrivic is quality if we wanted him we’d never get him he’ll go and Everton or maybe spurs as back up

Do people watch football on this forum ?

He is quality but is he worth £30m+ and wages? I don't think he is for us.

I'm just saying buying when the price is high doesn't guarantee that it's going to work.

And buying good Championship players doesn't mean you're unambitious, Mitrovic was a good Championship player a season ago.

He is quality but is he worth £30m+ and wages? I don't think he is for us.

I'm just saying buying when the price is high doesn't guarantee that it's going to work.

And buying good Championship players doesn't mean you're unambitious, Mitrovic was a good Championship player a season ago.

Mitrovic isn’t a championship player he’s about 2 leagues above us

Debate what points,he just slags us off,I take the opposite view.He ain’t no Blade,no matter what you guarantee sunshine.Crack on with the fact you have a Pig friend pretending to be a United fan

Yea. You're right. I've only known him 55 years and been to countless games with him
Obviously you know him far better than me
My bad.

My educated and realistic guess at the budget would be around £30m including wages (£10m of which will be swallowed by said wages).

I think that is the very bare minimum needed to give us a chance of being competitive and within that Wilder would need to work his magic and find bargains again.

Yea. You're right. I've only known him 55 years and been to countless games with him
Obviously you know him far better than me
My bad.
The evidence is clear for all to see in what he posts.You say he is your football fwend and a United supporter,I say he is a Pig,we should leave it at that between us,because nothing you are going to say,will alter my view your football fwend is a Pig.

When he was in the Championship he was a Championship player and no-one thought anything of it.
He only went to fulham.because his old international manager was there,they could afford the loan fee and he had been sent off twice in his first three Newcastle games and was bombed out. Everyone knew he was too good for that level but his relationship with his fellow countryman and his desire to get back into his International.team before the world cup.made it happen

He only went to fulham.because his old international manager was there,they could afford the loan fee and he had been sent off twice in his first three Newcastle games and was bombed out. Everyone knew he was too good for that level but his relationship with his fellow countryman and his desire to get back into his International.team before the world cup.made it happen

I don't think it was a Wolves Jota level get though. For me it was like a Dwight Gayle or Tammy Abraham signing, not shown their best in the Prem but better than the Championship.

Back
Top Bottom