Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v. Sheffield United - 9th Nov 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

TOTT
TOTT
TOTT

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1573049423778.png v. 1573049431092.png

EPL Week 12 - Saturday 9th November 2019 - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/tottenham-hotspur-vs-sheffield-united.476/

Officials:

Referee:
Graham Scott
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Assistant Referee: Richard West
Fourth Official: Darren Bond
Video Assistant Referee: Jonathan Moss
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Simon Long

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-11-06 at 12.57.13.png

Official Tottenham Away Fans Guide:

Attachments

• Away Supporters Guide.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 88

Well after the magnificent result last weekend, a very very tricky game awaits this afternoon with the trip to Tottenham. While we always hoped our team would perform this season, there is arguably a few away games we would have expected to struggle in when we first viewed the season's fixtures. However the remarkable job the players and management team are doing, says a lot that we actually do not travel today EXPECTING to lose. Of course Spurs seem to have lost their way somewhat, which gives us hope of certainly not a drubbing. Anything can happen of course over 90 minutes, but I'm certain of one thing, and that is CWAK will have the players well organised as ever, and we're going for a game, not just to make up the numbers....

Anyway....

Any team news? :)

Egan seemingly ok after a slight knock?

A couple others carrying knocks?

Mousset today a start?

Spurs are on a run of 4 PL games without a win. Their worst run in a while. Obviously we remain unbeaten away. This is a very hard game to call. With the quality in their side I can't see a 1-0 smash and grab for us, and 2-1 feels more realistic in favour of the home side. However, I'll stick my neck out and say a deserved 1-1 draw.

Travel safe Blades.

UTB

Hoping for a draw ( a win away at Tottenham would be mind-blowing even in their current form) but ok with a loss as long as it's blown out of the water.

If we can go through the whole season with our losses only being by no more than 1 goal then it should minimise our total number of losses and put us in a good spot come the end of the season.

2-1 to Spurs

Well after the magnificent result last weekend, a very very tricky game awaits this afternoon with the trip to Tottenham. While we always hoped our team would perform this season, there is arguably a few away games we would have expected to struggle in when we first viewed the season's fixtures. However the remarkable job the players and management team are doing, says a lot that we actually do not travel today EXPECTING to lose. Of course Spurs seem to have lost their way somewhat, which gives us hope of certainly not a drubbing. Anything can happen of course over 90 minutes, but I'm certain of one thing, and that is CWAK will have the players well organised as ever, and we're going for a game, not just to make up the numbers....

Anyway....

Any team news? :)

Egan seemingly ok after a slight knock?

A couple others carrying knocks?

Mousset today a start?

Spurs are on a run of 4 PL games without a win. Their worst run in a while. Obviously we remain unbeaten away. This is a very hard game to call. With the quality in their side I can't see a 1-0 smash and grab for us, and 2-1 feels more realistic in favour of the home side. However, I'll stick my neck out and say a deserved 1-1 draw.

Travel safe Blades.

UTB

🐧 🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧

Surely Deli Alli can't get away with another handball in the penalty area. Doesn't worry me otherwise, prima-donna.

Hope Aurier plays. No worries about their midfield.

Baldock v Rose will be eventful, back a sending off in fact! Hope Davies plays instead.

They really are poor as a defensive unit. Shame Lloris isn't fit to play.

Cut out the source to Kane. Cut down Son's space somehow.

Left side is their strength.

Spurs like winning. Keep them out for the first half and let the stadium pressure ramp up. We must have more in our tanks too.

What great days to be Blades. Bring it on W,D or L. Mancs next.

Note: 5 Live commentary game.

Will the game go ahead? Loads of trains have been cancelled this morning

I fear we might be on the end of a tanking today. They are going to do it to someone and the signs are slightly ominous.

Potch seems to have a decent level of respect for us so fully expect him to have done his home work however the club media team are using an image of Regan Slater on their tweets so they clearly haven’t
1121F463-05D4-4F53-94E2-0B40F05AF467.jpeg

It's this level off pessimism which has kept me sane as a United fan for the last 40 years! I didn't accept promotion until I saw the 2019/20 Premier League table for the first time.
😂🤩

Anyone had any joy with live tv streaming? I’ve tried the ones listed on first page here but had no joy (I know it’s early but I want to get it set up and ready)

I've just been within spitting distance of Spurs ground this morning with work... frustrating when United are playing there today...Anyway I fancy us to get a result...can see us causing them a few problems... Aurier looks a liability at RB for them.

Didzy is due one. He does everything right but finish. It'll be one of them days I reckon.

I'd have picked Eriksen, Moura, Alderwald. They'll miss Rose too.

Aurier, Dier disasters waiting to happen.

Sissoko, Alli, Ndombele, Celebos all distinctly average.

Front 2 the danger. Will they find them against our tried and tested?

I hope that's not the Blades brolly I had nicked from the reception area of the Exec Suite after the Burnley game - someone's gonna die!!

2 burgers with chips, fanta, pint of neck oil. £22, best burger I've eaten at a match. 👌

The thirteen fucking Magpies that flew into our house this morning and one of them dropped an upside down horseshoe on my head. Lucky I had put my umbrella up otherwise I could have been really unlucky.
joc would have headed it away

Watching on NBCSN on a stream.

Showed it live from the tunnel as they walked out.

2 players shouting out to get the boys going as they walked out - Deano and Lunny - very interesting, future leaders?

Glad there’s no Ericksen, he’s always been great against us!

Back
Top Bottom