Top 5

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Depends because if we sign one it might knock the want/need for one further down the list out, but there we go. Tried to use players who wouldn't clash with each other in that sense.

1. Adams
2. McBurnie
3. Bowen
4. Henderson
5. Tomas Kalas

I fear the people anticipating 3/4 attackers at £10m+ a pop might be in for disappointment here.

Like kalas as a shout, surely he will go from Chelsea this year?

Also I would add woods to my list as quality midfield competition

I fear the people anticipating 3/4 attackers at £10m+ a pop might be in for disappointment here.

Like kalas as a shout, surely he will go from Chelsea this year?

Also I would add woods to my list as quality midfield competition
With Reece James now being out for 3 months our options on that position become more limited.
Rangers, Celtic and Bristol City after him apparently. £5mil.

He's been a top performer at Championship level for so long he deserves a crack at the Prem. Fancy he'd do really well at RCB.

- Dan Burn
- Sam Morsy
- Steve Agnew
- Lukas Podolski
- Erhun Oztumer (for CBB)

or alternatively....

- Oli McBurnie
- Neil Etheridge
- Reece James
- Callum Robinson
- Kemar Roofe
Plus
- more physical central midfielder - Mo Diame
- cover for JOC and Enda - Greg Cunningham
- upgrade on Moore - David Marshall
- upgrade on Stearman - Phil Jagielka

Is everyone who's mentioning Reece James conveniently forgetting he's got ankle ligament damage?

At the very most he'll miss the first few weeks of the season
Nobody is going to sign an injured player who's still out for the minimum of a month by deadline day - provided there are no further complications as often is the case with ligament damage. Especially us when we'll likely need to take advantage of the 2 loan slots.

He'll be at Chelsea until the New Year.

Nobody is going to sign an injured player who's still out for the minimum of a month by deadline day - provided there are no further complications as often is the case with ligament damage. Especially us when we'll likely need to take advantage of the 2 loan slots.

He'll be at Chelsea until the New Year.

He's out for up to 3 months which takes it to about mid August. He may be back sooner. If a team really wants him they'll be happy to take him on board before he gets back to full fitness. As you say, this will be provided there aren't any further complications, which there rarely is with ankle ligament damage.

He's out for up to 3 months which takes it to about mid August. He may be back sooner. If a team really wants him they'll be happy to take him on board before he gets back to full fitness. As you say, this will be provided there aren't any further complications, which there rarely is with ankle ligament damage.
Unless my maths deceives me, or he was injured last month instead, 3 months would be mid September

Unless my maths deceives me, or he was injured last month instead, 3 months would be mid September

He was injured about a week ago (I thought it was longer than that) so it would be end of August / beginning of September.

My point still stands though, it's up to 3 months and I'd be surprised if it was that long. If a club really wants him they'll take him whilst injured (if they can be sure he's progressing obviously).

With Reece James now being out for 3 months our options on that position become more limited.
Rangers, Celtic and Bristol City after him apparently. £5mil.

He's been a top performer at Championship level for so long he deserves a crack at the Prem. Fancy he'd do really well at RCB.

I'd highly doubt he'd be available for 5m.
If he is and they're the only interested teams (which I also doubt), we'd be daft to not snap their arms off.

I'd highly doubt he'd be available for 5m.
If he is and they're the only interested teams (which I also doubt), we'd be daft to not snap their arms off.
Was on about Kalas mate, not Reece James! Doh on my part causing confusion
But while we're talking about it... Kalas 5mil - yay or nay?

Maupay
Philllips
Henderson Loan
Bowen
Wilson Loan

Frees
Diame
Jagielka
naughton

Please NO

Williams
Holgate
Vaulks

Theoretically all possible in budget ...realities is maybe two signing from the top 5 and a load of frees ..

Was on about Kalas mate, not Reece James! Doh on my part causing confusion
But while we're talking about it... Kalas 5mil - yay or nay?

Kalas for about £5m may not be a bad move at all, considering the fees some good Championship centre backs have gone for in recent years - Flint and Gibson to name a couple.

If Reece James has done his ankle ligaments then he'll be out for more than the initial 1 month reported.

If he's not fit for the start of the season then Chelsea will keep him as they'll want to manage his recovery. Then play him in the early cup games.

Holgate and Kalas are the obvious alternatives - both can play RCB or RWB. Luke Ayling as well, possibly.

Marshall, Cahill,Valencia, Austin , Sturridge - pay per play the lot of them

Back
Top Bottom