Too Expensive

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

thread moved.

Brewster at over £20M is too expensive and way over the odds, question is do we have the funds to throw daft money around or does Wilder and Bettis believe there is there better value alternates which can be secured?

• Banned
Brewster at over £20M is too expensive and way over the odds, question is do we have the funds to throw daft money around or does Wilder and Bettis believe there is there better value alternates which can be secured?

Brewster is young english and has a massive ceiling, when you compare him to Mcburnie/Watkins/Maupay/Haller/Joelinton he could potentially be a bargain

Every player we have signed is a risk I would say Sander Berge was more of a risk in terms of adjusting to the league and re-sale value.

If were not willing to pay the going rate for a forward which we are in desperate need for then the prince/club cant have any qualms when we are facing a relegation battle because we don't have enough quality up top

Throw enough shit at the wall and some of it is bound to stick just about sums up Nixon and pretty much every other ITK’s ability.

Nixon is the best ITK journalist

People are happy to believe him when he's telling them what they want to hear

When he says something they don't he's talking shit "Apparently"

Because. I dont think he's anywhere near as ITK as he claims to be but maybe I'm wrong.

Based on what exactly , show me something where he's been proven to be wrong

If were not willing to pay the going rate for a forward which we are in desperate need for then the prince/club cant have any qualms when we are facing a relegation battle because we don't have enough quality up top
Already done this several times. If it was the going rate why is there only us and Palace in?
It's well over the going rate, just as it was with Watkins, hence why the risk has significantly increased for the buying club, and therefore many clubs aren't interested.
You also need to check your expectations, because if you believe he is a £25M player, and expect him to deliver enough goals to keep us up, you're over pitching.

Of course he could have the ability to do it, but to do it in his first full season would be unheard of and put him in the Rooney/Owen type territory of first season impact, both of whom were at significantly bigger clubs.

Look down his Twitter, there’s literally nothing remotely ITK. It’s just stuff that’s already out there in public.

This Brewster is unproven. The type of money being asked for a player that's hardly played any first team football is nuts.

Even if we managed to the find the money, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable spending it on someone with such a slim CV

Already done this several times. If it was the going rate why is there only us and Palace in?
It's well over the going rate, just as it was with Watkins, hence why the risk has significantly increased for the buying club, and therefore many clubs aren't interested.
You also need to check your expectations, because if you believe he is a £25M player, and expect him to deliver enough goals to keep us up, you're over pitching.

Of course he could have the ability to do it, but to do it in his first full season would be unheard of and put him in the Rooney/Owen type territory of first season impact, both of whom were at significantly bigger clubs.

We are not in the championship you pay £20 Million for players like that Brewster is probably the highest rated forward in the championship £20 million is undervalued if he had a full season for Swansea and scored 20/25 he would be way out of our league

How much did Haller/Joelinton/Mcburnie/Watkiins/Maupay cost ?

Look down his Twitter, there’s literally nothing remotely ITK. It’s just stuff that’s already out there in public.

He’s been the first on a few Blades stories this Summer. If you don’t think he’s ITK, you’re probably being wilfully ignorant because he either works for The Sun or you have some negative opinion of him based on his twitter feed. If that’s the case, fine, but keeping up the “Nixon knows nowt” debate is tiring and makes you look uninformed.

Everything he says is ITK just cause he says Player X is going to Club Z doesnt mean that he is wrong when that doesn't happen

Majority of what he says is bang on

It's not hard to deduce, from information which has made it into circulation, that Liverpool want a decent wedge for the lad and that we are relatively wedgeless.

Saying he's a bit expensive is neither bollocks nor a groundbreaking revelation. This is where people have a gripe regarding his 'ITK' credentials. He's telling us what we already know.

He’s been the first on a few Blades stories this Summer. If you don’t think he’s ITK, you’re probably being wilfully ignorant because he either works for The Sun or you have some negative opinion of him based on his twitter feed. If that’s the case, fine, but keeping up the “Nixon knows nowt” debate is tiring and makes you look uninformed.
Mate, he guesses and then puts it in cryptic form so if its wrong it doesn't look as bad.

If he really was ITK there would be more info and more certainty about the posts.

It's not hard to deduce, from information which has made it into circulation, that Liverpool want a decent wedge for the lad and that we are relatively wedgeless.

Saying he's a bit expensive is neither bollocks nor a groundbreaking revelation. This is where people have a gripe regarding his 'ITK' credentials. He's telling us what we already know.

Yeah where does that news come from ??

How did we know that there are 3 other clubs wanting to buy brewster ? How do we know we want a loan deal and that were skint and trying to get him on the cheap ?

Who told us we were about to sign Antonne robinson then fulham came in ? Who told us about Matty Cash ?

It was nixon and was he wrong ?

Why does it make me look uninformed? I’m not saying he doesn’t have contacts but he’s hardy tweeting out groundbreaking news is he? He’s a journalist ffs he probably hears stuff all the time whether it’s bollocks or otherwise. Can guarantee he gets just as much stuff wrong as he gets right. Like I said, throw enough shit, some of it sticks.

Liverpool fans seem to really rate Brewster and some don't even want to loan him out this season and would like to see him involved with the first team, doesn't mean he's worth what is being touted but it's an interesting slant on the debate

There's a Brewster thread over 200 pages long...

Yeah where does that news come from ??

How did we know that there are 3 other clubs wanting to buy brewster ? How do we know we want a loan deal and that were skint and trying to get him on the cheap ?

Who told us we were about to sign Antonne robinson then fulham came in ? Who told us about Matty Cash ?

It was nixon and was he wrong ?

You're asking the wrong person, fella. I don't really give a shit either way whether he's the fountain of ITK knowledge or a gobby charlatan. I just like taking the piss out of his tweets because it's funny. If you choose to believe him then that's fine. But I can see why many have an issue with him when a lot of his tweets are so vague.

Back
Top Bottom