Todd Kane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yep, you can't blame an apparently Championship level player for staying there. Same with Hector. What gets me is why Chelsea give these lads contracts until they're 26+ before they have any idea how they'll develop, and when it wouldn't be hard to get them on a new contract at a later stage.

You’d think by the age of 23, the coaches at Chelsea would be able to judge a player well enough to know he ain’t good enough for a Champions League team and not worth a new 3 year deal.

I can only guess that it’s a good earner for Chelsea all these loan fees.

Questionable choice of name for his dog though

Not his dog. It was Guy Gibson's, the man Todd portrayed.
In 2019 it's an unpleasant reflection from a point in the past, but nevertheless the name was factually correct. But unless you want to rewrite history it's what happened.
Fake newsing Richard Todd an actor and hero for your own virtue signalling is poor!
UTB

Not his dog. It was Guy Gibson's, the man Todd portrayed.
In 2019 it's an unpleasant reflection from a point in the past, but nevertheless the name was factually correct. But unless you want to rewrite history it's what happened.
Fake newsing Richard Todd an actor and hero for your own virtue signalling is poor!
UTB
I am perfectly aware of all the facts you mentioned,I was being flippantly light hearted on the matter.

You’d think by the age of 23, the coaches at Chelsea would be able to judge a player well enough to know he ain’t good enough for a Champions League team and not worth a new 3 year deal.

I can only guess that it’s a good earner for Chelsea all these loan fees.

The fees will be decent and I assume majority have their wages paid by the loaning club. The length of the contracts given are probably due a season long loan taking them to within 12 months of their contract ending normally so they give them the longest possible to maintain market value.

Said it a few times before on here, few years back when Chelsea won 2 titles in 3 years they spent a net total of £17m over 3 seasons due to selling off fringe players, this didn’t include loan fees. It’s minging what they do but it’s effective

The fees will be decent and I assume majority have their wages paid by the loaning club. The length of the contracts given are probably due a season long loan taking them to within 12 months of their contract ending normally so they give them the longest possible to maintain market value.

Said it a few times before on here, few years back when Chelsea won 2 titles in 3 years they spent a net total of £17m over 3 seasons due to selling off fringe players, this didn’t include loan fees. It’s minging what they do but it’s effective

It’s got to be the case that the loan market makes them a decent amount of money otherwise they wouldn’t do it. But on the face of it, it shouldn’t work.

1. Chelsea are paying a player above their market value.
2. They are loaning the player to a club with a budget which shouldn’t cover a young Chelsea player’s wages with a loan fee on top.

I suppose the lesson is to never underestimate the desperation of Championship clubs!

It’s got to be the case that the loan market makes them a decent amount of money otherwise they wouldn’t do it. But on the face of it, it shouldn’t work.

1. Chelsea are paying a player above their market value.
2. They are loaning the player to a club with a budget which shouldn’t cover a young Chelsea player’s wages with a loan fee on top.

I suppose the lesson is to never underestimate the desperation of Championship clubs!

It’s all a mess. And City are quietly replicating the same model. Thing is it’s not breaking any rules and until those rules change they will persist.

Although it does appear the tide is turning and opposition is growing.

That's a confident scouting report based on one game.

He doesn't look great in the video granted, but it wasn't their best game and its difficult to judge on that. Saying that, I really don't like how he's totally unaware of Enda coming in and it's an excuse of a challenge; Enda scores of course.

I'm not so sure we need a RWB unless Baldock goes and I don't think this Celtic rumour will amount to anything. Baldock would be mad to join Celtic now in my view.

That's a confident scouting report based on one game.
Conversely i bet some on here thought reyt player after seeing him score 2 goals at WBA in just one game,gerrim signed.

On the other hand he was at fault for WBA first two goals and an assist in the third.

Conversely i bet some on here thought reyt player after seeing him score 2 goals at WBA in just one game,gerrim signed.

On the other hand he was at fault for WBA first two goals and an assist in the third.

Its ok, as you've said we shouldn't sign him because of that one performance against us last season.

Scouting eh.

One has become two,there will be more but i'm not trawling thru all Hull's games to make my point.

Do you think he is any good HeCanDoMagic
I can't make any judgement, I've seen him as much as you. Positives - can play multiple positions, other Premier League teams have been linked with him, Chelsea offered him a new contract. Negatives - 26 and spent entire career as a loanee without making a name for himself (ie Mount, James, Wilson etc).

But they are only indicators, not anything to make a definitive judgement on.

I don't get why people don't see RWB as being an issue for us next season. Upgrade on first choice or second choice 100% needed.

We should be looking to upgrade on Baldock.

Having Kane and Baldock as our RWB options would be an improvement but possibly not enough of an improvement.

I don't get why people don't see RWB as being an issue for us next season. Upgrade on first choice or second choice 100% needed.

It's not that we don't need more quality there as I think most of us would agree that Freeman is suspect defensively and if Baldock gets injured then Freeman is the first choice for many games I'd be worried. But Wilder's not put Freeman up for sale so maybe that indicates that we're sticking with Freeman and Baldock?

It's not that we don't need more quality there as I think most of us would agree that Freeman is suspect defensively and if Baldock gets injured then Freeman is the first choice for many games I'd be worried. But Wilder's not put Freeman up for sale so maybe that indicates that we're sticking with Freeman and Baldock?
Or he's not put him up for sale because we cant guarantee getting all our targets in. Can't risk getting rid of someone before a replacement is found.

Back
Top Bottom