Incoming? Tod Cantwell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Looks like any normal 22 year old kid to me.

I hope the rumours are true. The lad is a great talent with years ahead of him.

I just don't get it how anyone could not think this would be a great signing? Don't get me wrong, there are NO guarantees that any player will turn out to be a great player for us when we sign them. It's always a gamble. But to be in this position now, where we are capable of attracting top talent to this club is quite amazing actually. I mean, honestly, I'm still pinching myself to think we are potentially shopping for players like this, given where we were 3 years ago, signing players like Martyn Woolford (now ripping it up at Boston United).

I don't think I will ever understand this Sheffield mentality though, even though I've lived here most of my life. The "summat bad might 'appen" mentality, the "glass half-empty" way of looking at life. It's rife around these parts - more infectious than any coronavirus - and not even wearing a mask can protect you from it. Thank God some of us are immune to it.

There is only one thing more infectious than enthusiasm - and that's a lack of it.

To all those Blades who are already questioning the wisdom of being in the market for such a good young player, I'd say...have a day off. Try looking at this in a different way maybe? If he signs and it doesn't work out then so what? You win some, you lose some. What I do know is that the current team, good as it is, needs an injection of a few players who can tear up the script a bit and do something a bit different. To me, Cantwell is that type of player and I cannot wait for us to add those type of players to our squad.
Agree with everything here. People need to realise as we progress we are gonna need more "star" players that come with interesting and different personalities. 👍

I'm pretty sure that he'll end up with a more established club. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at Spurs or Chelsea.

I don't see Cantwell being anywhere near in demand as Grealish. He just doesn't have the same hype. There is no reason why we shouldn't be in for Cantwell/Buendia.

I agree in principle, but I suspect Buendia is already being fitted for his Leeds United shirt. Barring a Devon Loch style collapse in Leeds' promotion charge, I'm sure he'll end up there.

Huge talent and potential but does seem a bellend.
I will leave the latter up to Wilders 'personality test'.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Wilder got that bloke playing like prime-Kaka in the number 10 role tbf.

Not sure why people think CW will play a #10 next season. After all, he hasn't started with it for >100 games and things seem to be going fairly well playing a flat 3 with McG dropping to link play 🤔 No problem to revert to one if Utd are chasing a game but there's a huge risk they'll be overrun in midfield if an extra attacking player is started.

If Cantwell is signed, I can only see him being earmarked for RCM. TBH he does come across as a bit of a t!t but if anyone deserves to be backed on their judgement of a player, it is CW.

Last edited:
Hard to judge how he is really - he comes across as a roaster in terms of what little I’ve seen from him. His tweets etc.

But the Norwich fans would have a better understanding of how he plays and if he gives everything.

think he would certainly but a addition talent wise (he’s scored as many as our leading scorer from midfield after all ) And looks to be a really good player

Norwich City's sporting director Stuart Webber says the bidding for the club's best young talent this summer starts at £20m each. (Norwich Evening News)

10m was never a realistic price for Cantwell.

I’d take a risk on Eze at £7/8m. Cantwell at £20m? Not a cat in hells chanc. Lot better and cheaper abroa.

Norwich City's sporting director Stuart Webber says the bidding for the club's best young talent this summer starts at £20m each. (Norwich Evening News)

Hmmm, why would you tell the media the bidding starts at £20 million if that’s the level of interest being shown?
The bidding starts at whatever clubs are willing to spend and to say it starts at a certain price makes me think he’s trying to start a bidding war, not keep his talent.

Would much rather spend 20-25m on cantwell than the rumoured 20-24m for eze.
Do you really believe that figure for Eze because Twitter says so? QPR are desperate for the money for starters. I’d be shocked if it’s more than half that amount to actual secure him. You watch for the undisclosed and then press being told it’s £18 million or something daft just to keep the fans content. Eze will be a significantly cheaper deal to do, and certain the one I’d prefer if I had to choose.

Hmmm, why would you tell the media the bidding starts at £20 million if that’s the level of interest being shown?
The bidding starts at whatever clubs are willing to spend and to say it starts at a certain price makes me think he’s trying to start a bidding war, not keep his talent.

Do you really believe that figure for Eze because Twitter says so? QPR are desperate for the money for starters. I’d be shocked if it’s more than half that amount to actual secure him. You watch for the undisclosed and then press being told it’s £18 million or something daft just to keep the fans content.
Do I heckers think that's the quoted price, was just saying if (big if) that price is around the mark, I'd much rather spend that amount on someone who's already had one season in the premier League who's got talent and promise.

Bidding for my ten year old Kia starts at £20,000.

Anyone who pays £20 million for any Norwich defender needs their bumps feeling. (Come on West Ham. You know you want to)

Just watching Cantwell for the first 20 minutes
Very good disciplined player.
Not half as soft as he looks😁
Perfect to play the Mcgoldrick role
I'd love him in our squad
I can't believe siblade and I are watching the same game🐵

Just watching Cantwell for the first 20 minutes
Very good disciplined player.
Not half as soft as he looks😁
Perfect to play the Mcgoldrick role
I'd love him in our squad
I can't believe siblade and I are watching the same game🐵

Do you think CW would stand for that pathetic, half-hearted effort to block the cross that led to the goal?

Do you think CW would stand for that pathetic, half-hearted effort to block the cross that led to the goal?

To be fair, I can understand it if he doesn’t want to risk injury when he’s potentially got a big transfer coming up.

There is no way he’d be playing like that in a United shirt.

Clever player. To be honest, Norwich look lost but he looks comfy on the ball I reckon with some confidence and a “proper pre-season” he’ll do alright.

All Norwich players are worth £20-50m yet they bobaa

Dont get it

There’s a really good player there and I’m convinced CW would get the best from him. The issue I have with the suggestion is that I find it hard to believe he’d go for £10m even in the current market

Watching norwich tonight against Chelsea, who look extremely poor... and norwich can’t even muster up the fight in this game

Defensively Norwich are poor, but how Cantwell is being talked up as being worth £10-20m is beyond me.

Hes pranced around all night and shown very little to suggest is half decent

Back
Top Bottom