Incoming? Tod Cantwell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I saw a Norwich fan on twitter other day saying £22m Godfrey, £27m Aarons and £18m Lewis. That's nearly £70m for defenders that have all conceded 60 odd goals

View attachment 85201

Lewis and particularly Aarons were very impressive in the Championship but both have had weak years. With them I think you're paying for potential, but after such poor seasons I couldn't see either going for anywhere near the money being touted previously. £15 million for Aarons tops, but Lewis isn't going for more than £10 million. Wouldn't surprised me if one of them stays with Norwich next year.

Must admit, as much as I've seen Norwich play, Cantwell is still a bit of a blind spot for me. Buendia has always been class against us, and stands out in other games I've seen, but I've never really spotted Cantwell much besides when he gets in good scoring positions, like he did against us at Carrow Road this season (top save btw from Hendo). That's not to say I wouldn't be keen on getting him, nor to suggest getting in good scoring positions is in any way not a good thing, but just to the point I don't feel confident enough to judge his ability. Maybe I'll try and watch the next game if he starts.

No fucking thanks. Soft as shit. Even admits he’s scared of heading for fuck sake.

What has heading ability got to do with anything for a midfielder in today's game? Fortunately the game has progressed a very long way from the ball spending half the match pinging about in the air.

I saw a Norwich fan on twitter other day saying £22m Godfrey, £27m Aarons and £18m Lewis. That's nearly £70m for defenders that have all conceded 60 odd goals

View attachment 85201

Well obviously Lewis, Godfrey and Aarons are class players, but the fourth defender is proper wank. Think a combination of the worst attributes from Collins, Nosworthy and McEverley. :eek:

Hmmm.. Cantwell and Swift for RCM, looks like Lunnys gone????
Not necessarily. We are just adding to the squad in preparation for playing in Europe next year - in order to avoid it being the complete disaster that some fans think it will be. :oops:

Looks a good player and seems a bit of eccentric-personality wise. I dont mind that though - the dressing room needs characters and our lads would have him in check very quickly!

Reminds me of a young Kanye West.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200709_182700_com.instagram.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20200709_182700_com.instagram.android.jpg
    871.8 KB · Views: 117
Clapped in the head but attitude wise is so driven like Hendo.

Please no, leave all the relegated not good enough fodder for Leeds

If Buendia is available for £14m I’d be absolutely snapping their hand off.
My mate in Norwich has just said don't bother with cuntwell (his words) and if Norwich would let him go take buendia (totally class player and always puts in a shift)
On a negative note he reckons he is a mate of fessi :eek::eek::eek:

Definitely looks like it but definitely doesn't play like it. Nippy as fuck that lad.

Looks like any normal 22 year old kid to me.

I hope the rumours are true. The lad is a great talent with years ahead of him.

I just don't get it how anyone could not think this would be a great signing? Don't get me wrong, there are NO guarantees that any player will turn out to be a great player for us when we sign them. It's always a gamble. But to be in this position now, where we are capable of attracting top talent to this club is quite amazing actually. I mean, honestly, I'm still pinching myself to think we are potentially shopping for players like this, given where we were 3 years ago, signing players like Martyn Woolford (now ripping it up at Boston United).

I don't think I will ever understand this Sheffield mentality though, even though I've lived here most of my life. The "summat bad might 'appen" mentality, the "glass half-empty" way of looking at life. It's rife around these parts - more infectious than any coronavirus - and not even wearing a mask can protect you from it. Thank God some of us are immune to it.

There is only one thing more infectious than enthusiasm - and that's a lack of it.

To all those Blades who are already questioning the wisdom of being in the market for such a good young player, I'd say...have a day off. Try looking at this in a different way maybe? If he signs and it doesn't work out then so what? You win some, you lose some. What I do know is that the current team, good as it is, needs an injection of a few players who can tear up the script a bit and do something a bit different. To me, Cantwell is that type of player and I cannot wait for us to add those type of players to our squad.

Back
Top Bottom