Incoming? Tod Cantwell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

£10m?

This reeks of a slimey agent alerting the big clubs to his availability, to be honest. Every club in the league would be putting a bid if he was going that cheap.

Average pl wage is something like 70k...

I know, but it just seems unreal that SUFC are heading towards that sort of wage structure

Unreal in the sense that it's like dreamland................unheard of.....................can't be reyt...........................must be wrong ................type of thing o_O

It would very much depend on his view of his development. If he thinks he needs to improve the defensive side of his game and his physicality then we would be the perfect move.

Listen to what Berge says, it's obvious he sees United as a necessary part of his journey - the skills he will pick up here will make him a much more well rounded player than of he'd gone straight to a ball dominant team.

I don't believe £10m would get it done. I'd be more than happy to sign him though. He's Mobile, technically superb, versatile, scores goals.

Saying all that I think, if he doesn't get a top 6 move then Brighton, Southampton, West Ham just have more money than us. I think he ends up at one of those

I'd rather us buy Buendía from them. Ranked 3rd for chances created this season (79) for a team at the bottom of the table. He's also made 99 successful tackles this season which is outstanding for an attacking midfielder. Just to top it off he's been awarded motm 6 times.

I know, but it just seems unreal that SUFC are heading towards that sort of wage structure

Unreal in the sense that it's like dreamland................unheard of.....................can't be reyt...........................must be wrong ................type of thing o_O

There's some clubs that go spending 40k on the likes of Steven Fletcher in his 30s....

I'd rather us buy Buendía from them. Ranked 3rd for chances created this season (79) for a team at the bottom of the table. He's also made 99 successful tackles this season which is outstanding for an attacking midfielder. Just to top it off he's been awarded motm 6 times.
Excellent shout, my dad has been saying the exact to me for months.
Only a year older than Cantwell too.
He doesn't score many though, and we really need to add goals to our midfield.

He was outstanding last night and works harder than people may think. He's not a typical no.10 and is up and down the pitch. He would suit our system better than Cantwell.

Glad we're keeping up our track record of misspelling the names of transfer targets.

Buendia is a fantastic player. He can carry the ball, pick a pass, he's competitive, he works hard & he's not afraid to get stuck in. He'd be brilliant for us.
I suspect a move to Sheffield, with an English manager & a side containing very few foreigners may not appeal to him.
I would take him for anything South of £17m.

Tod Cantwell looks & sounds like an arrogant young player, bad for the dressing room. As a player, he looks weak on the ball & not one for rolling the sleeves up and putting a big shift in defensively when required.
He has some lovely quick footwork & attacks the box well, seems to know where the net is - but for me the negatives outweigh the positives on Cantwell.
He doesn't seem suited to us.

He would be more than capable of playing at rcm or as a 10 when needed. There have been a couple of games this season that cried out for a creative player in the Duffy role, Watford away comes to mind. With stats like that though he'll be in demand though and could see him easily at a top 10 team 🤔

Hair band. It's a no from me.

Funny dancing goal celebrations and long hair? Pfft. Not for me. I’m far too manly for that. I like my footballers to be big, manly, muscular men with short hair and moustaches. Like you, I’m also insecure enough about my sexuality to worry about such trivial matters.

He'd be a great player for us, so I'd love to see him sign.

I think this one will come down to what he wants the most right now. If it's money I can see him going to someone like West Ham, but if he wants to continue to develop and move to a team that is going places then he'll sign for us.

Funny dancing goal celebrations and long hair? Pfft. Not for me. I’m far too manly for that. I like my footballers to be big, manly, muscular men with short hair and moustaches. Like you, I’m also insecure enough about my sexuality to worry about such trivial matters.

I like it when they have that shimmer of sweat too, you can really see that they've been, working hard. All manly, and hard.

It would very much depend on his view of his development. If he thinks he needs to improve the defensive side of his game and his physicality then we would be the perfect move.

Listen to what Berge says, it's obvious he sees United as a necessary part of his journey - the skills he will pick up here will make him a much more well rounded player than of he'd gone straight to a ball dominant team.

I don't believe £10m would get it done. I'd be more than happy to sign him though. He's Mobile, technically superb, versatile, scores goals.

Saying all that I think, if he doesn't get a top 6 move then Brighton, Southampton, West Ham just have more money than us. I think he ends up at one of those
I immediately thought Everton when reading this, getting rid of players and getting to work with Ancellotti. CW is magical for us but may not always be the draw we think he is for some players

Not a chance.

and i mean, no chance.

Our transfer budget next season won’t be as high As it was the start of this. We’ve already used a chunk on Berge. We are still shopping in the best of the EFL aisle, not the “up and coming premier league player”.

Allied to that, not snowballs chance in hell Norwich will take £10m, I don’t care what the market is like after the virus, it’s not plummeted to that extent.

Buendia is allegedly off to Leeds - off to join his Argentinian compatriot, Bielsa

UTB

He's undoubtedly a talent but I'd be surprised if CW felt his attitude would fit i.e. he'd pass the knobhead test. He's obviously not short of self-confidence and driving around in a gold Range Rover doesn't exactly encourage supporters' affinity.
Like others, I can see him moving to a West Ham, Everton, Newcastle type of club instead of Utd

Cant see it happening not at £10m or £40k per week
The main problem is he would have to change his hair style

Back
Top Bottom