Time to start looking for a new keeper?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Won't happen Ricky.

I'm his best ever mate, I've shagged his sister, his mum, his gran and his pet Gerbil. I can tell you he hates United, red and white and Bramall Lane. He's actually going to refuse to play when Bournemouth come to town next week as he hates us so much. When he found out I was a Blade he pinched all my marbles, threw all my best conkers down a grate and locked me in his dads shed until I promised never to mention us again.

Other than that, good call.

I'm calling bullshit, I know for a fact they didn't have a shed

'“It won’t be on a permanent basis, definitely not. His future is at Manchester United, no doubt. If the opportunity came about that figure would be huge.

If the opportunity comes about that we could get him back on loan next season we’d be all over that”

CW on Dean Henderson.'

Maybe a loan next season for Hendo, but we really do need our own permanent keeper. Not really sure with names but always rated Angus Gunn at Saints but think hes their number one. Unless Verrips is the new number one?

We will have been already looking for months

Remember last season when many would've been happy to sign Blackman?

He's at Bristol Rovers now.

Slid down the league's faster than he gets down at his near post

Remember last season when many would've been happy to sign Blackman?

He's at Bristol Rovers now.

Slid down the league's faster than he gets down at his near post
Blackman is shite. Average at best. Never seen a 6ft5 keeper fail to save as many low shots as him.

There's a certain keeper in the championship. Playing for a team who are pushing towards the play-offs and having a good season. 26 and approaching his peak. I doubt Hull would want to sell him though.....
Get rid of Norwood ,yet get George Long in. No wonder you didnt want Wilder ,you would have us in the northern prem.

It's a tricky one this.

If we could get Hendo on loan again then we may as well jump at the chance as, IMO, we can't get a better keeper than him with our budget. The only keepers I rate higher than him in The Prem are Alisson and Ederson and the chances of getting them are absolutely zilch.

The downside to having him back though is that it's just prolonging the issue by another season.

I think we probably need to accept that when he finally goes back to Manure as No1 then we will have to take a hit in the quality of our GK position in the interim.

Of the realistic choices to replace him I'm not sure who I'd go for but here goes:

Butland - Anyone suggesting him obviously hasn't watched him much. Has redefined the term "car crash" over the last couple of years.
Ramsdale - Probably my choice. Had a good season in a poor team and I'm sure we have a 20% sell on fee which should keep the cost down a bit.
Forster - Good keeper but would be expensive.
Johnstone - Worth a shout if West Brom somehow manage to blow promotion.
Etheridge - Looked good but form has dipped a lot.
Foster - Good keeper but how many years has he got left in him at 38?

Foster from Watford, with Verrips in the back ground to take over as number 1, with foster we get a couple of years then ready for verrips to take over and hay ho problem solved

I'd go all out for Hendo, fuck it. I've heard your respective points, logic and reason and gone with unbridled sentiment and optimism. Fuck it. Chuck the chequebook at Man U.

Folk are right, he's absolutely the best of the crop and already better than Pickford imo.

As for Gunn, he's a twat. He can piss off.

If we can get Henderson on loan again, we 100% should. He's a top class keeper and 3 years is probably longer than you average permanent deal anyway! Certainly longer than we'd have ever kept hold of a keeper of that quality and age.

Back
Top Bottom