Time to start looking for a new keeper?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladeTillIDie

Reaction score
'“It won’t be on a permanent basis, definitely not. His future is at Manchester United, no doubt. If the opportunity came about that figure would be huge.

If the opportunity comes about that we could get him back on loan next season we’d be all over that”

CW on Dean Henderson.'

Maybe a loan next season for Hendo, but we really do need our own permanent keeper. Not really sure with names but always rated Angus Gunn at Saints but think hes their number one. Unless Verrips is the new number one?

Ramsdale would be the absolute number 1 choice and worth investing a good amount in.

Won't happen Ricky.

I'm his best ever mate, I've shagged his sister, his mum, his gran and his pet Gerbil. I can tell you he hates United, red and white and Bramall Lane. He's actually going to refuse to play when Bournemouth come to town next week as he hates us so much. When he found out I was a Blade he pinched all my marbles, threw all my best conkers down a grate and locked me in his dads shed until I promised never to mention us again.

Other than that, good call.

Won't happen Ricky.

I'm his best ever mate, I've shagged his sister, his mum, his gran and his pet Gerbil. I can tell you he hates United, red and white and Bramall Lane. He's actually going to refuse to play when Bournemouth come to town next week as he hates us so much. When he found out I was a Blade he pinched all my marbles, threw all my best conkers down a grate and locked me in his dads shed until I promised never to mention us again.

So its a cert then :)

Ramsdale would be the absolute number 1 choice and worth investing a good amount in.
Plenty on the rumour mill about how we’ve already spoken to his agent to see if he’d be interested if Bournemouth go down.

It’s not a new situation, we’ve known Hendo is on loan so it’s obvious we’ll have been looking at potential replacements.

Won't happen Ricky.

It's not cool to call out an ex player who you were so close to as a none Blade. Does his dad support Leeds?

I'm somewhat similar minded about this. I'm in the mindset that, whilst it's good to have Hendo on loan, we're essentially getting him ready for a potential rival after next season (Should he come back) this coupled with a bigger loan fee (now they've seen he's more than capable in the premier league) doesn't seem to make sense.

For instance, lets say his loan fee is 10 million.. I'd rather we went out and bought a keeper for this figure. Least then he's our keeper, Butland would make a good example, if anything, he'd probably be available for even less. I'm not saying Butland is the same quality as Hendo, but it makes far more sense to have a keeper we own within the group, rather than leaving it to the last minute and potentially having a saga of "is he, is he not?" play out similar to last season. - As i said on the Hendo thread on the rumour mill.

Won't happen Ricky.

The Gerbil bit is credible. He's ITK.

I'm somewhat similar minded about this. I'm in the mindset that, whilst it's good to have Hendo on loan, we're essentially getting him ready for a potential rival after next season (Should he come back) this coupled with a bigger loan fee (now they've seen he's more than capable in the premier league) doesn't seem to make sense.

For instance, lets say his loan fee is 10 million.. I'd rather we went out and bought a keeper for this figure. Least then he's our keeper, Butland would make a good example, if anything, he'd probably be available for even less. I'm not saying Butland is the same quality as Hendo, but it makes far more sense to have a keeper we own within the group, rather than leaving it to the last minute and potentially having a saga of "is he, is he not?" play out similar to last season. - As i said on the Hendo thread on the rumour mill.
The problem with that is Stoke wanted £20m for Butland. That’s why he’s still there. The other problem is that the loan fee wouldn’t be anything like £10m for this season.
If it was £10m for next season we may look at other options but why would we go for someone not as good?

The problem with that is Stoke wanted £20m for Butland. That’s why he’s still there. The other problem is that the loan fee wouldn’t be anything like £10m for this season.
If it was £10m for next season we may look at other options but why would we go for someone not as good?
Another years ticked down, they're nowhere near promotion so he could always force himself out. Contracts aren't worth the paper their written on these days. I didn't say the loan fee for this season Bush, I meant for next season. Because realistically who are we going to get who's on par with Hendo for that kind of price? Butland strikes me as a typical Wilder signing. Someone who's seemingly lost his touch, has ability but for some reason not playing close to it.

His contract also expires in 2021.. 20 million for a player soon to be in his last year.. Laughable.

Another years ticked down, they're nowhere near promotion so he could always force himself out. Contracts aren't worth the paper their written on these days. I didn't say the loan fee for this season Bush, I meant for next season. Because realistically who are we going to get who's on par with Hendo for that kind of price? Butland strikes me as a typical Wilder signing. Someone who's seemingly lost his touch, has ability but for some reason not playing close to it.
I intermittently watched the WBA v Stoke game the other night and from what I saw he looked a lot more like his old self.
I wouldn’t mind Foster either if Watford go down. I think he’s got a least another season in him.

Assuming the loan fee isn't the same as buying a decent long from the relegated sides or Championship I'd keep him on for another season. Obviously a loan is always a temporary fix but in my mind when you have the opportunity to use a player of his quality the most prudent thing is to hang on to them as long as possible if you want to be successful AND have the resources to do so.

Having him for another year plays a massive part in our chances of survival (or better) next season. As an established Premier League club with the extra money behind us we then have a better pool of keepers to recruit from when Hendo's time to return to Man U eventually comes.

To be honest though I think its all academic as he'll be their first choice come next season bar some major slip ups. I can't foresee a situation where Solskjaer or incoming manager isn't going to cash in on De Gea when they have Hendo up their sleeve and the starting XI needs major work.

I intermittently watched the WBA v Stoke game the other night and from what I saw he looked a lot more like his old self.
I wouldn’t mind Foster either if Watford go down. I think he’s got a least another season in him.
foster would be quite expensive imo. Butland has age on his side being 26, stoke lingering around relegation, I very VERY highly doubt they'd be able to keep a player of his calibre in league one (Should they drop)

Why does everyone think Butland isn't shit? He showed promise once but has done nothing to live up to that promise. I assume people wouldn't advocate signing Joe Hart and yet Butland hasn't even come near to Hart's performances in his prime yet.

There's a certain keeper in the championship. Playing for a team who are pushing towards the play-offs and having a good season. 26 and approaching his peak. I doubt Hull would want to sell him though.....

Why does everyone think Butland isn't shit? He showed promise once but has done nothing to live up to that promise. I assume people wouldn't advocate signing Joe Hart and yet Butland hasn't even come near to Hart's performances in his prime yet.
Does it matter? No one’s giving me or Dane the chequebook are they? He’s been fucking dire but he seems to have improved significantly since O’Neill has come in. Maybe he’s just suffered from a lack of confidence due to poor management? Hart has had several opportunities to kick start his career again, at Torino, West Ham and Burnley. At that point you start to think he’s finished. And not in an Anti Niemi way.

Does it matter? No one’s giving me or Dane the chequebook are they? He’s been fucking dire but he seems to have improved significantly since O’Neill has come in. Maybe he’s just suffered from a lack of confidence due to poor management? Hart has had several opportunities to kick start his career again, at Torino, West Ham and Burnley. At that point you start to think he’s finished. And not in an Anti Niemi way.
If they we're giving me the chequebook, id be signing a permanent keeper. Just my opinion though.

Dawson from pigs, good young keeper and would jump at the chance to play in the prem from a small club.😂

If it comes that Deano doesn't sign for another loan next season then I'd look at Ramsdale, if Bournemouth go down. I think Verrips was brought in to replace Deano but haven't heard much on how he is coming on.

IMHO Henderson would be the best keeper Utd could possibly get for next season and if it has to be a loan for a third season, so be it. He's likely to improve further and the way he and others are going this season, he stands a fair shout of soon becoming England's keeper and starting in the Euros.

Yes, there are other decent keepers out there e.g. Forster, Ramsdale, Johnstone, Gunn, McCarthy, Etheridge (although his form seems to have dropped off a cliff of late) etc. but none are of the standard of Henderson, even if he still has an odd clanger in him.

Tbh until CW mentioned the discussions with MUFC over another loan, I had resigned myself to him going back at the end of the season. If MUFC have lumbered themselves with DdG for another few years by offering him a contract no other club would be willing to take on (another example of how incompetently they're being run at the moment) then it might just work out to be a blessing for Utd.

As I’ve said before. If Dean Henderson was our player he’d still probably be gone next season. The big boys would have been circling. Having a top class, potential England player in our ranks for 2 seasons ain’t bad really.

I signed Marcus Dewhurst for my RB Leipzig team for £12 million and he's an England international.

If we get Hendo next season then fantastic. If he’s available to purchase we would be in for him. If he’s too much a loan is fantastic for us. We get England’s no1 on loan gives us another year in the prem with the money to go again.

Back
Top Bottom