Three years ago...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wasn't old enough or lucky enough to have seen the great man in action. God knows how much him and TC would be worth these days.

That there is no Hagan or Currie or Woodward stand(s) at the Lane is a scandal quite frankly.
We are saving them for the Big Kev stand , but to balance this up , we will have a Bog roll holder named after the Prince [ in the exective lounge of course ] BTW Woody once Dinted the Barnsley goalie . with a shot .

Saw him play and met the bloke personally.

He remains a real legend to me and always will do. I'm trying to think of modern day contemporaries of his - stocky, agile winger who could crack in a long range shot or deliver a cross onto the nut of any team player in the box with 85-90% accuracy, but those accolades are reserved for people like Cristiano Ronaldo (who isn't 'stocky')

pommpey

That there is no Hagan or Currie or Woodward stand(s) at the Lane is a scandal quite frankly.

at risk of been controversial here, not a big fan of the named stands.
much as Currie was a terrific player, he only scored 54 goals for us over 8 years. then went to Leeds, having been born in Middlesex.
meanwhile Dane Whitehouse born and bred Blade, scored 50 goals over 13 years, helping us to 2 promotions, scored against the pigs and wasn't interested in a transfer when we were relegated, only leaving us to retire.
not saying Dane should have a stand either, but in the modern game at least one stand (sadly) has to be sponsored commercially, and how do you settle on 3 players with a history over 125 years?
also what happens if someone out shines a current stand "name"? If Kyle Walker goes on to win something with England, having won the prem, then returns to the Lane and helps us to something, would he gazump TC and we then take TC down?
only 1 i can think of realistically is Alex Ferguson given the transformation, trophy's and 26yr service.
in the last few years you could create an argument for many, including
Bassett
Warnock
Rees
Bradshaw
Deane
and the list goes,on......

Back
Top Bottom