This place is toxic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
The fact we get to watch our team play in the premier league on super sunday is a f*cking privilege we could never have dreamt 4-5 years ago. We owe all our success to chris and people need to show him more patience and respect. I can remember getting back into the championship and going to Middlesborough away and think bloody hell, we've finally got back to where we should be and this is a privilege. Never would I expect the last two seasons we had. Even if we go down with 5 points we are miles ahead of where i thought we'd ever get to in 10 years

The fact we get to watch our team play in the premier league on super sunday is a f*cking privilege we could never have dreamt 4-5 years ago. We owe all our success to chris and people need to show him more patience and respect. I can remember getting back into the championship and going to Middlesborough away and think bloody hell, we've finally got back to where we should be and this is a privilege. Never would I expect the last two seasons we had. Even if we go down with 5 points we are miles ahead of where i thought we'd ever get to in 10 years
Well said sir !
Oh, and, kiss me Hardy. X

If you think it's bad here, you should see Twitter/Facebook.

There are a number of overreactions and a mixture of the usual scapegoating, but on top of that a woeful run of form in a time where most have little to look forward to.

A horrible combination which needs a spark, a lucky win with a couple bobbling in off a backside... Anything to begin to right the world we had at our feet a short number of months ago and give people their excitement back.

We have been treat to some great football for the last few years with supporters proud of our team. Now is the time we will see who the real supporters are. I suggest it will be the fans who have been with the club through thick and thin and don't expect success handed on a plate. I find the people questioning Chris Wilders ability to manage our club as fuckwits. Short memories or what.

We have been treat to some great football for the last few years with supporters proud of our team. Now is the time we will see who the real supporters are. I suggest it will be the fans who have been with the club through thick and thin and don't expect success handed on a plate. I find the people questioning Chris Wilders ability to manage our club as fuckwits. Short memories or what.

I’d not go as far as fuckwits, but those who point out flaws in what we’re seeing (and there are indeed major problems), with the indignant claim that there are obvious answers and glaring errors being made, without which we’d be fine... Well they’re just revealing the depth of their ignorance.

Drop a pebble down that particular hole and you’ll be waiting a while to hear it land.

After nine matches, one point, another blank and a handful of goals (mainly penalties) just what do you expect from the supporters?

We're bottom and ... get this ... all but relegated prior to Christmas. Not 'by Christmas'. In fact a 'long way prior to Christmas'

Tell us how you think Wilder can get out of this, get us scoring goals, not conceding and gaining points.

pommpey

After nine matches, one point, another blank and a handful of goals (mainly penalties) just what do you expect from the supporters?

We're bottom and ... get this ... all but relegated prior to Christmas. Not 'by Christmas'. In fact a 'long way prior to Christmas'

Tell us how you think Wilder can get out of this, get us scoring goals, not conceding and gaining points.

pommpey
He probably can’t get us out of this if we are honest but if anyone can I believe he can! If he doesn’t so be it, there will quite rightly be questions asked but to sack him would be ridiculous and would completely split the fan base, not to mention set off the merry go round of sacking managers every year.
If we go down why not accept it and go for it again would we not be better having wilder at the helm with an incredibly strong championship team in a division which looks poor?

We were always going back down. If it isn't this year it will be next or even in six years time.

Personally I was hoping it would be six, but I knew it wouldn't be forever because it isn't for more than half the league.

When relegation does come, and it's inevitable, the key is the reaction to it and not to make the monumental ****up that happened last time.

This time/next time though I expect us to be in a far better position, both financially and with the players available, than 2008.

Best players today not in any particular order ramsdale egan basham mcgoldrick baldock berge ampado not bad brewster sent best pass of match for me.fleck a bit out of touch same with norwood.mcburnie.although his nerves must be terrible at the moment.lowe i feel made some poor passess and his crosing o the ball not good so plenty to keep our hopes alive .starting at west brom

What would be an appropriate response from the fans to our start hardytm2004?

There are clearly big problems. The business done in the transfer windows ever since being promoted to the Premier League has been nothing short of abysmal. None have improved us for any considerable length of time.

The tactics that have served us well are not working, and haven't for many months, and we don't seem willing to change anything.

We rarely score, we don't create and worst of all, the defence that counteracted these things last season is now not good enough to continue doing it.

Wilder has been incredible, and his whole philosophy has been that we won't roll over for anyone, and that we can beat anyone, as transfer fees, big names and club size isn't everything.

But now we're losing, the attitude is the opposite. We should just be happy to be here, we never thought we'd be in such a position a couple of years ago, anyone complaining about losing to sides such as West Ham, Leeds and Villa are toxic!

Well, fuck off with that attitude, that sort of thinking isn't why we are where we are, it's that sort of thinking that will put us back to where a lot of you seem to think is where we belong.

There are clearly big problems. The business done in the transfer windows ever since being promoted to the Premier League has been nothing short of abysmal. None have improved us for any considerable length of time.

The tactics that have served us well are not working, and haven't for many months, and we don't seem willing to change anything.

We rarely score, we don't create and worst of all, the defence that counteracted these things last season is now not good enough to continue doing it.

Wilder has been incredible, and his whole philosophy has been that we won't roll over for anyone, and that we can beat anyone, as transfer fees, big names and club size isn't everything.

But now we're losing, the attitude is the opposite. We should just be happy to be here, we never thought we'd be in such a position a couple of years ago, anyone complaining about losing to sides such as West Ham, Leeds and Villa are toxic!

Well, fuck off with that attitude, that sort of thinking isn't why we are where we are, it's that sort of thinking that will put us back to where a lot of you seem to think is where we belong.
View attachment WEEWEEGO.mp4
This is it this is the post of the weekend...

I'm not saying it is all fine and dandy, but we do not have a better alternative and wilder deserves time and respect you ungrateful sod

As always, when we have a bad spell (and all of us have seen many of these over the decades) a small portion of the fanbase seem to polarise into one of two factions

Team one - "How dare you criticise the players and manager...call yourself a supporter...I smell pork..."
and
Team two "Take your head out of the sand/managers arse...we've got big problems...club's going backwards..."

The vast majority seem to reside in the middle, calling out what we see as obvious issues, being appropriately concerned, but not over-reacting and understanding that a season is a long time to turn things around.

So in that sense, it's no more toxic than it ever has been. Social media just gives idiots a bigger playground to fight in.

He probably can’t get us out of this if we are honest but if anyone can I believe he can! If he doesn’t so be it, there will quite rightly be questions asked but to sack him would be ridiculous and would completely split the fan base, not to mention set off the merry go round of sacking managers every year.
If we go down why not accept it and go for it again would we not be better having wilder at the helm with an incredibly strong championship team in a division which looks poor?
i agree with you robbo although im not confident at all we can stay up but chris would be the best man to get us back up just like dyche did at burnley plus apart from 2 or 3 players being sold we would have a cracking squad for a tilt at getting straight back up my fear however is that chris will walk and if he does i reckon the prince will accept it

I'm not saying it is all fine and dandy, but we do not have a better alternative and wilder deserves time and respect you ungrateful sod

Well, fuck, you're right, I never saw it that way. I take it all back.

How does it help to slag off players, manager, etc? It takes years to re-build a club, and the problems caused by the lack of togetherness resulting from the absence of crowds are badly affecting us. The spirit between manager, players and fans was a huge part of what was being built, and at the very least we should allow another attempt to re-create that when crowds return. Would Southampton be in a better position now if they had sacked their manager a year ago after losing 9-0 at home to Leicester? Be careful what/who you wish for.

How does it help to slag off players, manager, etc? It takes years to re-build a club, and the problems caused by the lack of togetherness resulting from the absence of crowds are badly affecting us. The spirit between manager, players and fans was a huge part of what was being built, and at the very least we should allow another attempt to re-create that when crowds return. Would Southampton be in a better position now if they had sacked their manager a year ago after losing 9-0 at home to Leicester? Be careful what/who you wish for.

Why have you taken that I want Wilder sacked from that? Nowhere did I say that.

They're just facts about how we are. Wilder absolutely needs to look at himself and stop being so stubborn, but I don't think any other manager could get us out of this mess.

Last edited:

I'd shag that post me

Back
Top Bottom