This place is toxic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I fully back wilder, this is hurting him way more than it is us currently I’m sure. There is no better manager to bounce us back from this. But I think it’s a bit of a loser mentality to just sit there and accept losing every week.

Why have you taken that I want Wilder sacked from that? Nowhere did I say that.

They're just facts about how we are. Wilder absolutely needs to look at himself and stop being so stubborn, but I don't think any other manager could get us out of this mess.
It is the slagging off I was questioning (others are calling for sacking). Has Wilder ever said we should just be glad to be in the PL? I can’t think of a manager less likely to accept that attitude.

Watched United for 30+ years. We’ve had three good managers in that time, and Wilder is one of them. Anyone watching to move him on, history says it will be a bad decision.

This is a season like no other. West Brom game is a big one. If we go down, so be it, we come back up stronger under CW.

UTB

Ps - if you’re going to have a meltdown after every game we lose, you’ll be in for a long season. Might be the time to grit your teeth and get on with it. 😉👍

The vote showed 97% of folk on here want Chris to stay next year. That’s not just a bit in favour that’s literally a landslide of opinion.

The folk starting a thread like p45 are in the 3 so take it, see it for what it is a minority voice of pigs on the piss take, youngsters who haven’t been around to know how grim a continuous conveyor belt of crap managers can be or lastly thickos.

The rides been great so far Chris, punctured tyre right now but sort it out and continue taking on this grand tour.

a woeful run of form in a time where most have little to look forward to.

And there's the rub methinks. Life's a piece of shit at the moment and in the grand scheme of things now sport is less important. Your team doing well could take the edge off it a bit for some, and the team doing as badly as ours can push some over the edge. But that said it got pretty toxic a mere 3 or 4 games into the 17/18 and 18/19 seasons after a couple of defeats at the start of each.

I'm not in denial of how bad it's looking this season but I'm truly thankful for what we've had in the last 4 years. The 2016/17 promotion run was amazing, then bounce killer, then pipping Leeds to promotion, then being on the edge of qualification for Europe. I'm using that to keep me going during this most shittest of shit years.

We're 3 points from safety 🤪🤪🤪

And where do you think that next three points (and safety - with 4 points?) will come from?

We have a lot of winning of games to do. Do you think that by the end of February we'll be out of the relegation zone? If yes, then how far? Remember, we have been here before, trying to pull our arses up to save it being kicked only for the ladder to be lowered with the fun and games v Wigan and Tevez

We can't rely on winging it and 'fate' and that daft 'well be reyt/Wilder will fix it' bullshit

pommpey

And where do you think that next three points (and safety - with 4 points?) will come from?

We have a lot of winning of games to do. Do you think that by the end of February we'll be out of the relegation zone? If yes, then how far? Remember, we have been here before, trying to pull our arses up to save it being kicked only for the ladder to be lowered with the fun and games v Wigan and Tevez

We can't rely on winging it and 'fate' and that daft 'well be reyt/Wilder will fix it' bullshit

pommpey
We're in a relegation battle 100%. But we're not relegated after 9 games as you suggested.

We were always going back down. If it isn't this year it will be next or even in six years time.

Personally I was hoping it would be six, but I knew it wouldn't be forever because it isn't for more than half the league.

When relegation does come, and it's inevitable, the key is the reaction to it and not to make the monumental ****up that happened last time.

This time/next time though I expect us to be in a far better position, both financially and with the players available, than 2008.
That's why i'm pissed off because I wanted to stay up for 5 years not just 2.

We're in a relegation battle 100%. But we're not relegated after 9 games as you suggested.

I'd be inclined to agree with you if the games w have played so far give any indication we are capable of preventing goals and then scoring goals.

We can't defend, and we can't score. That is relegation stuff. Nine games in.

I cannot see that changing.

pommpey

We're 3 points off being out of the relegation zone. Shut up with this 'relegated already' garbage.
Have you watched us this season? Absolute garbage. We don’t look like a team capable of scoring a goal let alone winning enough games to stay up

How does it help to slag off players, manager, etc? It takes years to re-build a club, and the problems caused by the lack of togetherness resulting from the absence of crowds are badly affecting us. The spirit between manager, players and fans was a huge part of what was being built, and at the very least we should allow another attempt to re-create that when crowds return. Would Southampton be in a better position now if they had sacked their manager a year ago after losing 9-0 at home to Leicester? Be careful what/who you wish for.
Yeah we definetly haven't been the same since lockdown and Chris does deserve to re-create that spirit and connection with the players when fans return.

It’s absolutely ridiculous to suggest that everyone should blindly praise Wilder irrespective of the teams he selects, the results they achieve or our league position. I think those who insist otherwise are as deluded as those who call for him to be sacked.

I first went to Bramall Lane 50 years ago and the football I’ve seen since Wilders tenure has been the best I’ve ever seen.

I’ve loved every minute of our rise through the leagues and praised both him and the tactics behind that success. In my book that entitles me to question and criticise in equal measure, when I think things are going wrong.

If we get relegated then so be it, I’ll still be back at the Lane as soon as we’re allowed and I’ll still be a huge Chris Wilder supporter. Because in my opinion, there simply is no better manager for Sheffield United and I’d be confident he’d get us back up.............but nobody should be beyond criticism, this isn’t North Korea FFS 🤷🏻‍♂️

We are where we are, with the squad we've got Maybe not quite skillful enough, but all of them, as Baldock said, will run through walls for this team

It is going to be hard for them to pick themselves up after this, so we as supporters need to be helping them, not destroying them.

No wonder so many professional footballers suffer mental health problems and addictions.

Last season we all stood behind McGoldrick for miss after miss as we knew it was essential to protect his confidence. We need to do the same this season for McBurnie and Ramsdale and everyone one else who's had their turn in the pillory

Or we can just destroy everyone who has a bad game or makes a mistake. We'll be down to a squad of 6 by Christmas

Back
Top Bottom