This forum/fan atmosphere has become toxic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can’t help but feel that a poster whose reaction to a disappointing result is to go on the Shoutbox and call one of our players a “cunt” and they should “fuck off” is dispiriting and displaying a worrying lack of emotional intelligence.

Those cunts should fuck off.
At a time when the players aren't getting feedback from the fans during the match. it would be logical that they would turn to the online media for it. Thoughtless and unfairly harsh criticism can have a damning effect on their confidence. Yes as professionals they should rise above it, but they are also human beings with family and friends.

I think since the Warnockers, we’ve not had a decent nickname for those who have taken on the mantle of delivering constant criticism / outrage from the likes of LenDeGoey.

Whoever struck on Bedwetters has clearly got a decent ear for a turn of phrase, I suspect it will stick.

Let’s hope it’s a decent performance against Leeds and the washing machine can have some respite!

Better venting on here than taking it out on those who can’t defend themselves? Think of the forum as samaritans.
I think that is grossly unfair on the forum owners. I am pretty sure they didn't want to set up a samaritans forum and I know for certain that they don't enjoy having to police people's posts. The venting also ruins it for everyone else, who want to use the forum for how it was intended. Politics has gone because a few couldn't keep it civil. That's a warning. If the football side goes the same way, I expect the owners will chuck it in.
It's not better than taking it out on people who can't defend themselves, because that implies that people who do that have to have an outlet and if they don't they will beat someone, so the answer is everyone else has to bow to their needs. If someone has anger issues and can't control their emotions, they need to get help, they also need to be arrested and hauled before court if they hit their partner. They don't need to have a football forum where they can go to piss everyone off and make life difficult for the forum owners.

I think since the Warnockers, we’ve not had a decent nickname for those who have taken on the mantle of delivering constant criticism / outrage from the likes of LenDeGoey.

Whoever struck on Bedwetters has clearly got a decent ear for a turn of phrase, I suspect it will stick.

Let’s hope it’s a decent performance against Leeds and the washing machine can have some respite!
Change the first line to 'those who have taken on the mantle of doing the unthinkable and occasionally criticising when it's justified to do so'.

Still, would rather Be a bedwetter than an Echoton, constantly striving to make this a place in which the only allowable opinions are those which produce a sufficient number of echos in the chamber.

Change the first line to 'those who have taken on the mantle of doing the unthinkable and occasionally criticising when it's justified to do so'.

Still, would rather Be a bedwetter than an Echoton, constantly striving to make this a place in which the only allowable opinions are those which produce a sufficient number of echos in the chamber.

What do you mean by "allowable opinions" though? Are you being actively censored in some way or are people just disagreeing with you?

I'm not the only one that feels this way, the last time I recall it being anything like this was after the Barnet or Southend game.
I seem to remember it being pretty much like this after the 3-0 defeat at Boro at the start of our last promotion season.

The first time I heard 'bedwetters' used in the media was Manc scally Noel Gallagher slagging off Coldplay and Travis. The image of some overly sensitive young man, tormented by passion, clearly hit its mark.

For our current bunch of 'Wilder Out's, I probably prefer "Twats" but that's just me.

Yours, a long time clapper

I can’t see Echoton catching on, you need something more catchy.

No ones railing against criticism in all forms and you know that Barney, but more the adult-baby meltdowns from a small minority where all semblance of context, rationality and common sense disappears. That combined with multiple threads posting minor variations of the same bollocks, is grating.

I can’t see Echoton catching on, you need something more catchy.

No ones railing against criticism in all forms and you know that Barney, but more the adult-baby meltdowns from a small minority where all semblance of context, rationality and common sense disappears. That combined with multiple threads posting minor variations of the same bollocks, is grating.
Even 'small minority' is a bit dramatic. Most of these people have opinions which not everybody will agree with, but ones where a reasonable person can see how they may have reached their conclusion. There's very few people who have genuinely batshit crazy opinions, so it should be easy to ignore. But if it's not then it shouldn't be out of capability to explain to them why their opinion is rare.

However, instead we get the people throwing about the new buzzword 'bedwetter' and vastly over-exaggerating how many of these posters there are. It then gets to the point where the people complaining about this so-called negativity become far more annoying and tiresome than the very small minority they are complaining about.

It just sows division amongst the fans, not much need for it IMO.

I think that is grossly unfair on the forum owners. I am pretty sure they didn't want to set up a samaritans forum and I know for certain that they don't enjoy having to police people's posts. The venting also ruins it for everyone else, who want to use the forum for how it was intended. Politics has gone because a few couldn't keep it civil. That's a warning. If the football side goes the same way, I expect the owners will chuck it in.
It's not better than taking it out on people who can't defend themselves, because that implies that people who do that have to have an outlet and if they don't they will beat someone, so the answer is everyone else has to bow to their needs. If someone has anger issues and can't control their emotions, they need to get help, they also need to be arrested and hauled before court if they hit their partner. They don't need to have a football forum where they can go to piss everyone off and make life difficult for the forum owners.
I think you are taking the situation, and my comments a bit too seriously.
My advocacy of allowing people a harmless opportunity to let off steam, is just that. Don’t take it so seriously. 🤗
My apologies if any offence was caused, that was not my intention.

I think you are taking the situation, and my comments a bit too seriously.
My advocacy of allowing people a harmless opportunity to let off steam, is just that. Don’t take it so seriously. 🤗
My apologies if any offence was caused, that was not my intention.
Not offended at all, don't worry about that. It's a pretty serious subject, wife beating, or even non-physical abuse - I did ask you whether that's what you really meant to say, but you backed it up. Just letting off steam is a bit different - but you said more than that and I wanted to pick up on that.

Not offended at all, don't worry about that. It's a pretty serious subject, wife beating, or even non-physical abuse - I did ask you whether that's what you really meant to say, but you backed it up. Just letting off steam is a bit different - but you said more than that and I wanted to pick up on that.
I think my original content might be too much ‘worst case scenario’ but that phrase probably carries another bollocking.
My humour is casual to me, but sometimes offends others. There it is.

Even 'small minority' is a bit dramatic. Most of these people have opinions which not everybody will agree with, but ones where a reasonable person can see how they may have reached their conclusion. There's very few people who have genuinely batshit crazy opinions, so it should be easy to ignore. But if it's not then it shouldn't be out of capability to explain to them why their opinion is rare.

However, instead we get the people throwing about the new buzzword 'bedwetter' and vastly over-exaggerating how many of these posters there are. It then gets to the point where the people complaining about this so-called negativity become far more annoying and tiresome than the very small minority they are complaining about.

It just sows division amongst the fans, not much need for it IMO.
I think the problem is that posters do get an explanation why their opinion is ‘rare’ or, in some cases, based on fallacy and assumption but there are a number that just post the same shit almost every day, irrespective of how many people explain their view is flawed, or how well people explain it.

They’re not interested in debate, they’re interested in constantly repeating the same shit. They’re boring, boorish, self important, condescending, attention seeking cunts and I’m bored shitless of their mindless fucking drivel.

I think the problem is that posters do get an explanation why their opinion is ‘rare’ or, in some cases, based on fallacy and assumption but there are a number that just post the same shit almost every day, irrespective of how many people explain their view is flawed, or how well people explain it.

They’re not interested in debate, they’re interested in constantly repeating the same shit. They’re boring, boorish, self important, condescending, attention seeking cunts and I’m bored shitless of their mindless fucking drivel.

As fine a piece of prose as I’ve read in many a long day .

The Bard himself would have been proud of it .:)👍

I hate it when you sit on the fence.

It seems to have continued in the same vein.

I'm not on the 'Wilder out' growing minority, but to those who are they have their reasons and deserve to be treated with more respect than some have shown them on here.

If you disagree say why, rather than just saying they have mental problems or should **** off to Hillsborough.

Sir Chris has said we're all in it together that includes us the fans.it is unbelievable that some fans want a change of manager. people are entitled to have an opinion fair enough. but 31 games to go plenty of time to improve our league position. I think we will have one of the best managers we have ever had. he will sort things out and have us up and running again.no worries. Up The Blades.

Back
Top Bottom