This forum/fan atmosphere has become toxic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score
I'm not the only one that feels this way, the last time I recall it being anything like this was after the Barnet or Southend game.

There doesn't seem to be any nuance anymore.

Anyone who suggests we are in for a difficult season or is critical of the club in any way (as I posted last year and won't post about it again as I was delightfully and spectacularly proven wrong) is called a bedwetter and told to go off to Hillsborough.

Those who are positive about the prospects this season are called deluded/having rose tinted specs.

It's time for people to play the poster not the poster, and not to always assume the worst in everyone's intentions and have a constructive discussion with respect. I've been guilty of this myself (before someone brings the Villa meltdown up 😂 ) though recently I'm sure it's put people off posting/joining here.

We are all Blades and we are in the PL and should enjoy it, though that doesn't mean everything is perfect and it's ok to point that out or be worried about things.

RANT OVER

;)

I don't get chance, as I spend all the time I'm on here trawling through dross and insults.

To be clear not directed as a criticism/reflection of you Foxy and your forum , you and your team have done a superb job and wouldn't want this thread to become a self-fulfilling prophecy and perhaps it's not my place to appear to 'encourage' people to act in a certain way, though it's not just me that feels things are on a bit of downturn :(

Onwards and upwards, UTB as always

I'm not the only one that feels this way, the last time I recall it being anything like this was after the Barnet or Southend game.

Anyone who suggests we are in for a difficult season or is critical of the club in any way (as I posted last year and won't post about it again as I was delightfully and spectacularly proven wrong) is called a bedwetter and told to go off to Hillsborough.

Those who are positive about the prospects this season are called deluded/having rose tinted specs.

It's time for people to play the poster not the poster, and not to always assume the worst in everyone's intentions and have a constructive discussion with respect. I've been guilty of this myself (before someone brings the Villa meltdown up 😂 ) though recently I'm sure it's put people off posting/joining here.

We are all Blades and we are in the PL and should enjoy it, though that doesn't mean everything is perfect and it's ok to point that out or be worried about things.

RANT OVER

;)
Lots of people do seem to not be able to discuss and go straight for an argument . Agree it comes from both 'types' , but mega critical ones seem to be straight on here. Posts trying to be more positive get lots of likes, but there's no 'unlike' button.
In general, I think lots of middle of the road people will avoid posting so they don't get shot down by one type or another.

We are a blood and thunder team who feed so much off our wonderfully raucous fans. Jurgen Klop himself said he’s never seen a fanbase so at one with their team, than at BDTBL. So yes if anything relegates us it’ll be the lack of fans in the ground. Whereas the more pedestrian and technically gifted teams will prosper without the pressure and weight of expectations and criticism a big demanding full house would bring.

It doesn't help that there are so many pathetic, sad, wind-up merchants posting utter shite. Trouble is, they keep getting bites and the whole thing kicks off.

Correct - and it's quite easy to see the pattern of who and when post these posts.

A few are trolls with agendas that are at times quite bizzare, but cerainly predictable.

UTB

robbiez666 would take something epic to cancel me, after all I'm a veteran of the 'Ched Wars'

BiggerBladeThanThou Agreed, it's sort of identity politics here, you're either a slasher or clapper

Bruce Wayne Perhaps, but certainly has been getting worse on here recently. Even under Weir can't recall people attacking each other this much.

SteveBlade I must be a snowflake ;) It's not about losing your grip it's about aspiring for something better

robbiez666 would take something epic to cancel me, after all I'm a veteran of the 'Ched Wars'

BiggerBladeThanThou Agreed, it's sort of identity politics here, you're either a slasher or clapper

Bruce Wayne Perhaps, but certainly has been getting worse on here recently. Even under Weir can't recall people attacking each other this much.

I hate it when people spend time looking back at users posts to make a point. There is a certain sadness about that.

There’s lively debate on the forum.

I think we’re in for a long season, but I don’t gain delight in posting that we’re shit after every loss, or have to dredge up old posts to prove that something I said once was right like a few on here do.

There are some that do both of the above and it’s either trolling or not listening to anyone else’s view when it comes to trying to lighten up a bit. That’s what we could do without.

Happy when we win, mardy when we lose. Unfortunately, that's the way football fans are. Unfair if it's offensive or aggressive to others though.

I'm sure we've all been sat near fans in the past that are still moaning despite us winning/ playing our best.

It does not help when you have people accusing others of being pig fans and telling them to fuck off to S6 and getting personal because they do not agree with your opinion.

At the end of the day regardless of everyone's opinions the vast majority of us are here for the love of our club.

I am just as pissed off and angry as the next person hell I came close to putting my head through window in frustration tonight but we live to fight another day tearing lumps out of each other is pointless.

RANT OVER

;)
Oh fuck off to swillsborough you bedwetter.

RANT OVER

;)

People been ranting like this since football was invented, but usually it just bounces off the walls of the bar, everyone gets home feeling better for letting off a bit of steam. But cos we are stuck at home, everyone does it on social media instead.

RANT OVER

;)

Post of the day. We're all miffed, but were all Blades also. Take care. God bless, and I'm convinced we'll do Leeds this Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom