This didn't age well

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Like quite a few I thought Adkins looked like a good appointment at the time. Got a biggish club and a small club (twice) promoted out of league.

I couldn't predict how impotent we'd be over the season despite a decent first couple of months.

I got bored with his faux positivity like many did but in all fairness to him, if you look at his entire managerial career, it's not to be sniffed at and we're possibly his worst experience.

Pretentious twat.

Hull are pretty much the most in-form team in the Universe right now but they've not exactly got a bad squad have they? He'll get credit for the turnaround but he was in charge at the start when they were fucking shit as well.

Anyone could have done what he did with that Southampton squad.

Charlatan.

Pretentious twat.

Hull are pretty much the most in-form team in the Universe right now but they've not exactly got a bad squad have they? He'll get credit for the turnaround but he was in charge at the start when they were fucking shit as well.

Charlatan.

He can get good players to play well, can’t recruit a player (Minus Sharp) to save his life. Fraud.

He now apparently lives in the same village as me, I’m just waiting to see him in the pub.

So I can stick it in one end, while he endeavours to keep it out the other. :)

He now apparently lives in the same village as me, I’m just waiting to see him in the pub.

Does that village have a pond with Geese?

I find it bloody annoying that some people are still finding stuff to complain about stuff that happened years ago too

He never recovered from that opening day.

But he was consistent. The last game of that season - and the last of Adkins tenure - was the 0-2 home defeat to Scunthorpe on May 8th, 2016 - a miserable game to cap a miserable season.

Whatever he's doing at Hull, I'll never forgive him for his season with us. Finishing 11th, losing to the likes of Gillingham, Bury (H), Colchester (H), Port Vale, Crewe, Shrewsbury (H), Peterborough (H), Bury (again), Rochdale, Burton (H), Southend, Coventry and that Scunthorpe (H) game will last in the memory.

It wasn't a strong division that year - all we needed was a motivator (not a management-speak bullshitter). Not somebody who's relying on inheriting a good squad (again) and parachute payments. As Chris and his team are proving.

Pretentious twat.

Charlatan.

I know he was rubbish here, but you have to give him credit for the job he's done at Hull or his work at Southampton.

But he was consistent. The last game of that season - and the last of Adkins tenure - was the 0-2 home defeat to Scunthorpe on May 8th, 2016 - a miserable game to cap a miserable season.

Whatever he's doing at Hull, I'll never forgive him for his season with us. Finishing 11th, losing to the likes of Gillingham, Bury (H), Colchester (H), Port Vale, Crewe, Shrewsbury (H), Peterborough (H), Bury (again), Rochdale, Burton (H), Southend, Coventry and that Scunthorpe (H) game will last in the memory.

It wasn't a strong division that year - all we needed was a motivator (not a management-speak bullshitter). Not somebody who's relying on inheriting a good squad (again) and parachute payments. As Chris and his team are proving.

Seems like a lifetime ago.

Who would ever have believed that one man (well, two, including AK), could have totally reversed our clubs fortunes, transformed us into a team playing fantastic and entertaining football, picked up a team of players and turned them into a well-organised, well-drilled unit, brimming with confidence and self-belief, and now closing in on the biggest prize in English Football.

Good time to be a Blade.

When you eventually bump into him, make sure you ask him what the biggest room in his house is.

Back
Top Bottom