This Chinese Investment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seriously? Wigan?

Noticed in the article Man Cittee set up the introductions. Would not surprise me if they are involved they would use Wigan as a geographically advantageous feeder club for their up and coming players. Bit like a puppy farm, it's the way the money is taking the game, dominated by 10 clubs (no doubt one will be a massive one lol) and the rest living off the crumbs so no places in smaller clubs for young up and coming England internationals.

They should be because they voted for them, which suggests the good folk of Sheffield had confidence in these people to run the city better than the alternatives:rolleyes:

Tried it with the Lib Dems and they weren't much better. It muct be a thankless job being a councillor at the moment, but they aren't helping themselves with their spin and incompetence

Hi Danny. I'm interested in the following comment
"Martin Smith, Lib Dem cabinet member for business and investment, said they had not been allowed to see the agreement and had questioned the apparent lack of progress."

Out of interest, would you know (or do you have any links) to anything which should be progressing for him to be worried about the lack of progress? IMO you can only realistically worry about lack of progress if you've been led to expect progress, but I don't remember seeing any plans or timescales for what will be delivered.

Hi Danny. I'm interested in the following comment
"Martin Smith, Lib Dem cabinet member for business and investment, said they had not been allowed to see the agreement and had questioned the apparent lack of progress."

Out of interest, would you know (or do you have any links) to anything which should be progressing for him to be worried about the lack of progress? IMO you can only realistically worry about lack of progress if you've been led to expect progress, but I don't remember seeing any plans or timescales for what will be delivered.

I wouldn't know, mate. The new hotel at the library, maybe? But I'm only guessing.

I wouldn't know, mate. The new hotel at the library, maybe? But I'm only guessing.

It will be interesting to see if there are any grounds to the questions / rumours or whether this is another "politician has pop at opposition" no story.

It will be interesting to see if there are any grounds to the questions / rumours or whether this is another "politician has pop at opposition" no story.

It could have been the Asia Times story that prompted the questions

Indeed they have

"SHEFFIELD
The 60-year, £1bn Chinese ‘partnership’ that has so far led to very little – save a bid to turn the building that houses the city’s central library into a 5-star hotel."

Which is a disgrace IMO

It's a Grade II listed building that was "Conceived as part of a plan by Patrick Abercrombie to create a civic square, it was the only element of that proposal ever built and so it faces onto a narrow street" Wiki

So another cock-up by Sheffield Council then :D

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/rotten-boroughs

该俱乐部即将出售。 我很惊讶没有其他任何关于中国投资的消息。

该俱乐部即将出售。 我很惊讶没有其他任何关于中国投资的消息。

Isn't that because Kev Mc has Americans waiting in the wings and The Prince has Saudi's?

Kev's Yank mates didn't seem minted enough to buy a PL club. I'm not sure they're waiting in the wings. And no one has any idea who HRH might want to flog the club to. Could be the Bin Laden family for all we know.

Now for a minute I thought a billionaire was interested or something shame 🤣

Kev's Yank mates didn't seem minted enough to buy a PL club. I'm not sure they're waiting in the wings. And no one has any idea who HRH might want to flog the club to. Could be the Bin Laden family for all we know.

Apart from the obvious stigma associated with the family name, the Bin Laden family are actually one of the most reputable and wealthy in KSA. If it wasn't for the black sheep of the family impacting the family name for generations to come, they'd actually be a good option for Utd should HRH gain control and look to sell the club.

Citi Bank isn't it?

Didn't those guys just work high up for them not own it?

Apart from the obvious stigma associated with the family name, the Bin Laden family are actually one of the most reputable and wealthy in KSA. If it wasn't for the black sheep of the family impacting the family name for generations to come, they'd actually be a good option for Utd should HRH gain control and look to sell the club.

Yep. Even before 9/11 when the Americans were trying to find and kill Osama the others were allowed in the US. They were allowed to leave in the aftermath of the attacks on one of the first planes allowed to fly. A few of them died in a plane crash at a private airfield i think around Farnborough way a few years back now so obviously allowed into the uk too

The Bin Ladins are no longer flavour of the month in Saudi.,

Back
Top Bottom