Things that happened in 1889

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good post but TBF there's only one thing that's really important that happened ,
There were no pig fans in town
Also apparently there was no hillsborough to sadden anyone's eyes
Jack charlton was dead or not even born
And all the pig fans had fled towards south Barnsley
AND THAT WAS THE YEAR THAT WAS 1889

UTB NBM

Jan 16 128°F (53°C), Cloncurry, Queensland (Australian record)

I see they had global warming back then
And fake news.

My Grandad was born in 1889 and became a big fanatical Blade. This was past onto my dad who sadly died a couple of days before our Wembley play-off final with Burnley. Even though I was born in Barnsley, I've followed the Blades since I understood football at the age of 5. My two sons are Blades and so is my grandson who is now 16. We are true Blades which runs through the family bloodline. So yes, 1889 was a very good year.

My Grandad was born in 1889 and became a big fanatical Blade. This was past onto my dad who sadly died a couple of days before our Wembley play-off final with Burnley. Even though I was born in Barnsley, I've followed the Blades since I understood football at the age of 5. My two sons are Blades and so is my grandson who is now 16. We are true Blades which runs through the family bloodline. So yes, 1889 was a very good year.
Wow that’s a great read, brilliant to hear stuff like that. I feel sad that I don’t feel inclined to encourage my two boys to come to the Lane, having a similar family story to yours (me, dad, grandad).

Nothing to do with 1889, but I thought this was the natural next step for this thread:

1573727382660.png

Back
Top Bottom