These are them - New Kits 20/21 - 'leak'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Actually I agree with you, except

By the time the prices do come down, they never have on in my size :(

I really wanted this season's white away shirt

Had the same issue with the league 1 title winning home shirt a few years back but it's the risk I'm willing to take. You can usually pick them up if you really want them on classicfootballshirts.com for a reasonable (ish) price

They're on DH Gate for about £12. Just buy a few and then you can take all the stripes from the bottom of the extra shirts you buy and cover the plain white back up.

As usual, way too much going on on the shirt.

It's piss easy to get right yet we (or Adidas) often mess it up for some reason.

Stripes on sleeves, stripes on the back, normal collar.

I created this in 20 minutes....

sufckit.png

Last edited:
I don't mind the white shoulders on the front - and I like the large cuffs. The problem would be if the lines finished at the same height on the back it would be to low to fit the players name in on the white shoulders - but also too high to fit the name in the stripes. Whether its due to the template and other leagues having a mini logo under the back number - I always think (even this season) the stripes finish too low down.
If you added stripes up the side and under the arms - raised the stripes higher on the shirt - I think it would be an improvement.

Not the ideal stripes on the back version - but I think a better way of presenting the solid white.

This is just a rough red lines painted on picture.

1204.jpg1204_original.jpg

Last edited:
New Shirt comparison 2020-21.jpg

Since the 94/95 season (the first where the stripes stopped part way up the front) 8 shirts designs have the stripes stopping (2009/10 visually stop, if not having a large separate panel). So 8 of 25 or a third of the kits since 1995 have had this particular design quirk. You could argue it's a pretty major part of our recent shirt history.

Its crap its Adidas. The meagre stripes on the back look like an afterthought. No thought gone into the design at all they even managed to shorten the length of the stripes on the front. We are a top ten EPL team yet continue to get sold short when it comes to shirt design. Sheffield United are stripes on the front back and sleeves.

They should employ Barney to do next seasons shirt.

Would love to know who works with Adidas on this at the club. The visual stuff coming out of the marketing/media teams nowadays is excellent, but every now and again we have kits that come out that seem lower than the standards we’ve set in those other areas.

Its crap its Adidas. The meagre stripes on the back look like an afterthought. No thought gone into the design at all they even managed to shorten the length of the stripes on the front. We are a top ten EPL team yet continue to get sold short when it comes to shirt design. Sheffield United are stripes on the front back and sleeves.

They should employ Barney to do next seasons shirt.

It's interesting because the stripes on the back are the same as last season, in that they only go up a third of the way, but when the shirt was predominantly red, no-one really gave a shit, but when it's predominantly white it's a deal breaker.

I don't get it myself. Would prefer them all the way up but I liked last season's so I can whinge about this one being the same.

Would love to know who works with Adidas on this at the club. The visual stuff coming out of the marketing/media teams nowadays is excellent, but every now and again we have kits that come out that seem lower than the standards we’ve set in those other areas.
I believe its this lad who does our media now, taken us from 5 minute photoshop to the matrix overnight - Take a look at TD10 CXMPBXLL (@TDXCampbell): https://twitter.com/TDXCampbell?s=09

I believe its this lad who does our media now, taken us from 5 minute photoshop to the matrix overnight - Take a look at TD10 CXMPBXLL (@TDXCampbell): https://twitter.com/TDXCampbell?s=09

He works on the digital stuff with Eoin Doyle. Whether that extends to designing the kit, unsure... What I’d basically like to know is: are Adidas the ones pushing for a mostly solid back, or have we selected that out of various options presented to us?

Well I like the home kit, really don't like the GK kit

Back
Top Bottom