These are them - New Kits 20/21 - 'leak'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No, but we can talk about how bobbar it is so that next time we may get a better one.

Think the sales may speak for themselves with this one.

I'll wait to see it in the flesh before disregarding it entirely, though. I always find it looks better on the rack than the pictures suggest.

I'll wait to see it in the flesh before disregarding it entirely, though. I always find it looks better on the rack than the pictures suggest.
They'll have to listen to the fans on shirt design eventually, the majority have been saying the same things for years.

No, but we can talk about how bobbar it is so that next time we may get a better one.
Never said anybody couldn’t/shouldn’t. Just commenting on the fact such trivial things get people’s knickers in a twist.

Like the Ramsdens one which was the best selling United shirt ever (until last season I assume)

He works on the digital stuff with Eoin Doyle. Whether that extends to designing the kit, unsure... What I’d basically like to know is: are Adidas the ones pushing for a mostly solid back, or have we selected that out of various options presented to us?

You'd presume the Commercial department would have some input as they will have to sell them and assess the earning potential. I doubt any one challenges Adidas who will just present a block of standard templates that we tweak around with a little so it can then be argued its bespoke. Its probably in the too difficult box to say to Adidas sorry but we want a design with full stripes on the back.

If you believe the rumours its Stephen Bettis who decides on the colour of the shirts not the Prince :D.That may change if the away shirt sales bomb.

Last edited:

I can relate to that.

I bought Petunia some S&M wear off the internet. Showed her the pictures, she didn't like it. I said the same to her though, "it will look better on the rack".

I'd be willing to take a hit on the sponsorship money we get from adidas (which i imagine is small potatoes compared to what man u, real etc get) for a smaller brand (macron or hummel for example) and get a bespoke kit that actually takes on the fans opinions and looks like an SUFC shirt and not some brentford cast off

They'll have to listen to the fans on shirt design eventually, the majority have been saying the same things for years.

I mean, it's got red & white stripes and a Blades badge on it. It's inoffensive, it's just not got the little extras which would make it a great kit.

Last years' got slagged off for having the red back. Year before was too white. Black stripes were too thick for some the year before that and alpharooms were a tinpot sponsor the year before that.

Can't please everyone. Next years' will probably have a white stripe bang in the middle instead of a red 'un, and all hell will break loose again.

I dont really see why people get their knickers in a twist about the home kits...they're always red and white stripes (diamond kit aside!), and they change on a yearly basis, and the team wear it 20 odd times a year. They're all much of a muchness to me and after a game or two you dont really notice. The exception was the white kit which was just daft really especially when teams wore red at the lane!

Absolute dog shit. adidas are just fucking lazy, they knock out a template and stick whichever clubs badge on it, the socks and shorts are same as last season for fucks sake. You'd think they'd change em to sell a few more, but people will just wear the same socks and shorts that they bought last year as they're identical. Not even a little blades badge on the socks for fucks sake. I was happy when we switched to adidas but I'd give anything for Umbro, Puma or Hummel to be our supplier

I'd be willing to take a hit on the sponsorship money we get from adidas (which i imagine is small potatoes compared to what man u, real etc get) for a smaller brand (macron or hummel for example) and get a bespoke kit that actually takes on the fans opinions and looks like an SUFC shirt and not some brentford cast off

It’s totally unclear to me at the moment what exactly the routes to get fan views into the club actually are in any meaningful organised way. It feels like these are more or less nonexistent currently, and if happening hardly doing so in any clear way to be involved in. So I wouldn’t hold up much hope that a switch in supplier would change that.

Might be worth giving Hummel a go given we’ve not in the past.

I think the reality is it would sell whatever, however, looks so bad from the back I will not buy one (I would normally be a 50/50 guy...a good design and I would buy). The away or 3rd (guess we will need one with pink as an away strip) might be better options

I mean, it's got red & white stripes and a Blades badge on it. It's inoffensive, it's just not got the little extras which would make it a great kit.

Last years' got slagged off for having the red back. Year before was too white. Black stripes were too thick for some the year before that and alpharooms were a tinpot sponsor the year before that.

Can't please everyone. Next years' will probably have a white stripe bang in the middle instead of a red 'un, and all hell will break loose again.
What's slightly frustrating is that it's harder to get wrong than right.

If we went with something like the one I posted a bit further up...

I mean, if anyone had any problem with that then arguably they're just being a bit of a knob.

It's not a niche effort that has loads going on, incomplete stripes, blank back, blank sleeves etc.

It's simple, classic, and has all the features that the majority want in a shirt.

It's almost as if people have different tastes. Some will like Shirt (A), some will like Shirt (B) and some will like Shirt(C). Some will even like a little from column 1 a bit from column 2 and a detail from column 3. Funnily enough, just like all fashion / clothes. Not everyone likes a Fred Perry Polo and Adidas Sambas. 🤷‍♂️

It's almost as if people have different tastes. Some will like Shirt (A), some will like Shirt (B) and some will like Shirt(C). Some will even like a little from column 1 a bit from column 2 and a detail from column 3. Funnily enough, just like all fashion / clothes. Not everyone likes a Fred Perry Polo and Adidas Sambas. 🤷‍♂️
Very true Sir. If they had polled the fans this shirt would likely not have won any vote though. Surely better to please the majority which this effort does not do?

If my missus buys some brand new "sprout catcher" undies I am happy, but my vote would go for the pink crotchless PVC nurses outfit (2 sizes too small!)

I like the kit, the pixel effect is a nice change. Shame that the back isn't striped or the white panel isn't a bit shorter but at least it isn't all white. If the shirt numbers and letters are red then its a solid 7/10

Very true Sir. If they had polled the fans this shirt would likely not have won any vote though. Surely better to please the majority which this effort does not do?

You can't possibly know that. So far it seems like a 50/50 shirt on here, but this is the outspoken "will comment on everything" section of United support, which itself is a small section of United support. I'd imagine the actual majority of United fans will have seen it, gone "that's alright that" and moved on.

You can't possibly know that. So far it seems like a 50/50 shirt on here, but this is the outspoken "will comment on everything" section of United support, which itself is a small section of United support. I'd imagine the actual majority of United fans will have seen it, gone "that's alright that" and moved on.
Probably more like 70/30 but I take your point.

Fair point. I do agree you will never please everyone, however, still say the majority would not vote for this shirt if there were three or four credible alternatives. We cannot prove it either way but just my hunch.

Back
Top Bottom