The Tevez Situation

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggie-al

Reaction score
Hey again, just wondering what you guys felt on this as it has been massive recently.
I know you went down mainly because of Tevez winning most of West Ham's games by himself but surley the reason you got relegated was because they won their games and you didnt, i do feel sympathy for you though and problary would be bery bitter if it was Albion in your place but imo football matters should be settled on the pitch and not in court rooms.
Just wondering what your opinion is now that you have had a week or so to mull relegation over...
Btw check out my haunt westbrom.com, the message board is superb and we welcome fans from any club (even the Wolves....:mad: ) and i write articles for the main site on the home page, just look for Alex Adkins...
Hope to see you on there sometime

We deserved to go down because we simply wasn't up to the challenge on the final day when we clearly needed to.

But when people do say matters should be sorted on the pitch and not courtroom i totally agree. And that is why Tevez should not have been allowed to play, because he shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first instance. Ah well we move on and we're all championship

Now just for the "Robson Challenge"

Hey again, just wondering what you guys felt on this as it has been massive recently.

This THREAD is probably worth a read... I think our position on it is pretty clear.

We went down because we didn't beat Wigan... but it hurt even more to know there were further extenuating circumstances.

id rather forget about all this and get on and prepare for next season my self.forget about it until theyr'e lot come to town any way ...

West Ham in the cup next year, what a volatile match that would be...

West Ham in the cup next year, what a volatile match that would be...

yep lift all the banning orders but only let them sit on BLUT and allow bats and glass bottles in the home end,would be great :) dirty cockneys

the referreing didnt help either!

look at the penalty first game of the season!

not missing much out of the prem. tickets are too much... refereeing is poor... wont give stuff at OT etc.

the referreing didnt help either!

look at the penalty first game of the season!

not missing much out of the prem. tickets are too much... refereeing is poor... wont give stuff at OT etc.

Or the Kozzy goal at WHU

As an outside football supporter it's good to see some sense on this forum.

The blades were very unlucky to be relegated because you should really have got something against Wigan, I watched the game and you nearly did it.

As for the Tevez situation I don't think you can have any complaints, the only one being that the independent commission said afterwards "we would have docked points but..." this was out of order and they should never have said that.

The papers seem to be printing lots of lies about the Tevez situation but the truth is out there, the facts are something like this.

1/ Tevez is registered to West Ham and always has been, he was never re-registered nor was his registation ever in doubt.

2/ He has a 4 year contract with West Ham

3/ He is owned by a 3rd party and this NOT a problem with Premier League rules.

4/ The problem was with a contact with West Ham and MSI that allowed MSI to sell Tevez and Mascherano in the January Transfer window should MSI wish to. This has been interpreted to "allowing a 3rd party to influence selection policy"

5/ West Ham simply gave written notice that they were no longer honouring that contract and compensation/being taken to court for breach of contract well be thrashed out between West Ham and MSI.

6/ There is no precedent for punishment for breaking this rule and there is nothing that says points must be deducted.

On that basis I think a big fine was appropriate, its not like they fielded an ineligible player or broke an obvious rule.

All the noise coming from Wigan and Mcabe really looks like desperate chairman doing whatever they can no matter what,.

I really think that these chairman are cheating in trying to con the premier league into extra money.

Wigans chairman has actually been prosecuted for price fixing and obtaining goods from sweat shops in China with his sportwear firm, now how can he talk about rule breaking?

On that basis I think a big fine was appropriate, its not like they fielded an ineligible player or broke an obvious rule.

Well they blatantly lied to the PL to start with... but apart from that ;)

I think the Blades had to stick by what they have been saying for the principle of the matter... to the chairmen, something didn't add up and they felt wronged. There's this evidence that the PL say they have but don't want to show anyone... what's the deal with that?

The PL has allowed an arbitration and we'll look with interest to any outcome.

I don't think any real Blades holds much hopes of an outcome in out favour... but the men in charge had to say they tried.

As an outside football supporter it's good to see some sense on this forum.

The blades were very unlucky to be relegated because you should really have got something against Wigan, I watched the game and you nearly did it.

As for the Tevez situation I don't think you can have any complaints, the only one being that the independent commission said afterwards "we would have docked points but..." this was out of order and they should never have said that.

The papers seem to be printing lots of lies about the Tevez situation but the truth is out there, the facts are something like this.

1/ Tevez is registered to West Ham and always has been, he was never re-registered nor was his registation ever in doubt.

2/ He has a 4 year contract with West Ham

3/ He is owned by a 3rd party and this NOT a problem with Premier League rules.

4/ The problem was with a contact with West Ham and MSI that allowed MSI to sell Tevez and Mascherano in the January Transfer window should MSI wish to. This has been interpreted to "allowing a 3rd party to influence selection policy"

5/ West Ham simply gave written notice that they were no longer honouring that contract and compensation/being taken to court for breach of contract well be thrashed out between West Ham and MSI.

6/ There is no precedent for punishment for breaking this rule and there is nothing that says points must be deducted.

All the noise coming from Wigan and Mcabe really looks like desperate chairman doing whatever they can no matter what,.

I really think that these chairman are cheating in trying to con the premier league into extra money.

Wigans chairman has actually been prosecuted for price fixing and obtaining goods from sweat shops in China with his sportwear firm, now how can he talk about rule breaking?

spoken like a true hammer

well done that man:p

McCabe is cheating now??

How do you work that out??

:D :D :D

Well, all clubs agreed to that all issues would be dealt with by an idependent comission of experts, no-one had any objections to the independent experts, they had all the evidence in front of them and they concluded a fine.

So by guessing what whu might have done and publicly calling for the PL heads, they are cheating in the same way Tevez would dive in the penalty area.

They are seizing on words over exagerating them and trying to get a decision in their favour. Thats cheating, yes?

spoken like a true hammer

well done that man:p

Charlton actually, I suppose as good as a hammer!

We went down because we were rubbish, the Dowie cock up, then old les before Super AL saved the day, well almost.

Seriously though, the press make so much rubbish up, and obviously I was interested in the Tevez situation too, but if you ignore everything and look at the facts, we went down because we were rubbish and WHU were lucky not to get points deducted but its not the outcry everyone is shouting about.

They are seizing on words over exagerating them and trying to get a decision in their favour. Thats cheating, yes?

No, you've just described what lawyers do :) It's how court cases are decided every day up and down the country.

Anyway, what do you hope to gain by digging up threads that were pretty much dead until randoms started coming along to "debate" with us?

As I have said before, most Blades are happy to leave the outcome to the arbitration panel and see what they decide. Telling us that it is useless is hardly going to influence the Chairmen is it? These are Chairmen who have had legal advice which they believe to be sound.

Well, all clubs agreed to that all issues would be dealt with by an idependent comission of experts, no-one had any objections to the independent experts, they had all the evidence in front of them and they concluded a fine.

So by guessing what whu might have done and publicly calling for the PL heads, they are cheating in the same way Tevez would dive in the penalty area.

McCabe hasn't asked for anyones head.

We are going through a process that is allowed in the rules so why is that cheating?

McCabe hasn't asked for anyones head.

We are going through a process that is allowed in the rules so why is that cheating?

"It is up to the FA Premier League to find a way round this exceptional circumstance where a club which has played by the rules has been relegated at the expense of one club who have fielded ineligible players," said Sheffield United chairman Kevin McCabe.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/6657697.stm

McCabe said he would be taking the campaign to the clubs as he felt there was a groundswell of support.

'It needs conversations with respective chairman and directors for them to understand all of the injustices but most of them do know that already,' said McCabe, whose club were relegated on the final day of the season after they lost 2-1 at home to Wigan and West Ham won 1-0 at Manchester United.

'I think there is a consensus most clubs support an injustice so I hope we will get the vast majority of clubs in the Premier League supporting our case.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=430113&&cc=5739

Its constant, not just McCabe, using terms like fielding ineligible players, and injustice. Its using the media to try ang get a result, cheating.

You don't hear anything from our board or boro, we questioned it, didn't like it but once realised we can't change anything, we got on with it.

Its constant, not just McCabe, using terms like fielding ineligible players, and injustice. Its using the media to try ang get a result, cheating.

Freedom of Speech kiddo... get used to it ;)

I can quote the relevant section of the European Convention on Human Rights if you like... seeing as people seem to be getting all technical.

It isn't against any laws for him to be saying what he is saying... so it isn't cheating.

Unless you have a very strange definition of cheating.. seems a lot of members who just joined up to argue have.

Yes McCabe is cheating that makes sense......:rolleyes:

Jesus, not still all bleating are you .... What a sad disliked little club you are

FFS... it was another argumentative soul who signed up to bump this thread up and continue the argument.

He claims to be a Charlton fan.

WE are not going on about this... the rest of the world seems to be.

See THIS POST

If you're fed up of reading about matters which concern Sheffield United, I suggest you take Shorehamview's advice and stop reading them.

FFS... it was another argumentative soul who signed up to bump this thread up and continue the argument.

He claims to be a Charlton fan.

WE are not going on about this... the rest of the world seems to be.

"we are not going on about this" ... Tell that to the idiot Mcabe

"we are not going on about this" ... Tell that to the idiot Mcabe

As an unofficial forum, we are unaffiliated to the club.

However, I did give you his address to write to him yourself.

We might be a disliked club... but the world and his dog seems to want to sign up to this forum to have their say on a matter we were getting bored of talking about!

This thread was started by a West Brom fan asking us our feelings... it was then posted on by a Charlton fan and now a Manchester United fan from where else? Essex.

Why don't you stop bleating?

Jesus, not still all bleating are you .... What a sad disliked little club you are

Your the one bleating on.

You didnt have to register on here.

What ever the outcome of the Tevez situation dosnt concern your club.

Your just creating an arguement for arguements sake and blatently on the wind up.

legion how many manure games have you been to? how many away games have you been to? how many european away games have you been to?

i bet the answer to most of these is none where as 95% of sheffield united fans have been to atleast one game we may be small and dislike buty atl east we have true support not fake prawn sandwich munching pricks like you lot do.Also im willing to bet that if we gotinto europe most of the regular posters on here would be at the away games in a flash cos we have real support.Now fuck off and watch a local team glory huntig cock sucker.

P.S people like him really to get on my wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom