The Sue Smith Hall of Footballing Ignorance

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Observations from the few seconds I watched were that he should put his glasses back on as squinting doesn't make you look any cooler than wearing your prescription spectacles
Either he is a very young teenager that has some kind of Benjamin button condition that makes him look about 50 or he is about 50 and is trying to sound 'street ' by using phrases like 'sic ' even though he has the voice of Timmy mallet and the face of Donald swayze
And thirdly why do the biggest twats in the universe feel the need to project themselves into everybody else's lives via the medium of social media ?
For every blades pod ,ntt20 and Benjamin bloom there are millions of tits like this whose opinion I couldn't even bring myself to listen to before wanting to press the reset button on humanity

No offense meant

*Atlantic Archipelago

No problem mate no offence taken :)

The last time Prince Charles paid an official state visit to Ireland he used the term ' These Atlantic Isles ' in a speech, a more accurate and indeed more lyrical description.

View attachment 53904

Oh, it's all so complicated. Ireland isn't part of Great Britain but is part of The British Isles. Not sure it helps, but jolly interesting ........

Never understood why Venn Diagrams never took off

No it isn't part of the British Isles. As I pointed out in my first post naming something doesn't give you ownership. Nor does it allow you to state that your name is the definitive one, remember Ayers Rock?

I have lived in Ireland and visit every year to see family. In my experience - generally speaking - the Irish in the Republic like and get on with the English in a far more friendly fashion than either the Scots or the Welsh do, however if you wish to piss them off tell them that they're living in the British Isles :)

Is that what he said? I didn’t get that far, he started well then said something along the lines of us being like Huddersfield because we play an English style but Norwich will be ok because they play a German style, so I switched it off
Man City don't play Kraut football and they ain't doing bad.

I'm not quite sure this is your point, but it's possible John, Enda, David and Scott could be, or become, British.

According to the UK passport website, Republic of Ireland citizens can apply for a British subject passport under certain conditions.

The website states: “You’re a British subject if you were a citizen of the Republic of Ireland on 31 December 1948 and made a claim to remain a British subject.

“If you didn’t make a claim to remain a British subject you can apply to the Home Secretary to become a British subject if either:

• you’ve been in Crown service for the UK government
  • you’re associated with the UK or a British overseas territory by descent, residence or another way.”
For those born in the UK before 1 January 1983, UK citizenship was granted from this date if you were a citizen of the UK and colonies, or if you had the “right to abode” in the UK.

If born after 1 January 1983, you don’t automatically receive citizenship but can receive it by proving that a parent was a citizen or settled in the UK when you were born.

In many cases, British citizenship can also be acquired “by descent” if one of your parents was a citizen at the time of your birth, even if you were born overseas.

[Embolden added]

I'm not sure what your point is either.

Egan and Stevens were born in Ireland and therefore would be able to obtain British passports by virtue of residency depending on the length, which I presume is what under certain conditions means. Presumably everyone in the world could apply for a British passport under certain conditions.

McGolderick and Hogan are entitled to British citizenship by birth and Irish citizenship by blood.

I was born with the right to dual nationality by virtue of having parents from two different countries. I'm entitled to British citizenship by both Jos soli and Jus sanguinis Blood and soil, and Irish citizenship by Jus saguinis right of blood. I was born in Sheffield which means that I'm British, had I been born in Ireland to the same parents I'd have been no more Irish and no less English than I am now. The only difference would be that I wouldn't be British in that case. I'm British because I was born in Britain.

Not sure how we got from me pointing out that the description British Isles is a little presumptuous if it includes Ireland, to a debate on citizenship, still there you go.[/QUOTE]

it was part of Great Britain and Ireland until 1922 i believe.. i know you like splitting hairs so i figured i’d bite for you ;)

:D Exactly. Notice that And Ireland? Proving conclusively that it wasn't part of Great Britain. :)

it was part of Great Britain and Ireland until 1922 i believe.. i know you like splitting hairs so i figured i’d bite for you ;)

I think Bannermans point was naming something doesn't give you ownership
Ireland may have been under British rule by force, but the Irish people never accepted it and continually fought for independence, unlike Scotland or Wales who eventually accepted it

I could move 20 members of my family into your house with guns and call it my house, but if you say it isn't my house, well then it isn't as far as you're concerned

If we were to go by today's argument then the Celtic team of 1967 were Scottish Nationalists.

Winning the European Cup with a team born within a 20 mile radius of Parkhead.

It would be unheard of today. Pep, Klopp would be totally lost.

Those Lisbon Lions are legends. We should celebrate what Chris Wilder has achieved.

If we were to go by today's argument then the Celtic team of 1967 were Scottish Nationalists.

Winning the European Cup with a team born within a 20 mile radius of Parkhead.

It would be unheard of today. Pep, Klopp would be totally lost.

Those Lisbon Lions are legends. We should celebrate what Chris Wilder has achieved.

Yes, it's like a group of players from between Killamarsh and Stocksbridge winning the Champions League.

But Brexit football is going to be thrown at us every second the media get a chance, it will be picked up on by the ignorant morons that listen to the shit they spew and they'll treat it as gospel.

And if we sign an Argentinian, an Italian and a Spaniard they will find something else to slag us off with.

We are just one of those clubs that they will take great pleasure from criticising whilst Bournemouth, Watford, Crystal Palace, Brighton and the likes will be celebrated as good quality clubs that belong in the Prem

Fuck them I say, best way to deal with them is by playing well and winning

If we do that for five or six years and do more than just survive they'll find another Northern club to pick on

Tend to be a lot of West Ham supporters in the media ( did you know that they won the World Cup for England? ) they're a popular London club and we showed them up for the bunch of cheats they were at that particular time.

If we sign any foreign players - as I'm sure we will - it will be as a ' Token Gesture ' which we have been shamed into by the self righteous pressure of the media.

Sod em, we're not in a popularity contest, we're in the Premier League ;)

No it isn't part of the British Isles. As I pointed out in my first post naming something doesn't give you ownership. Nor does it allow you to state that your name is the definitive one, remember Ayers Rock?

I have lived in Ireland and visit every year to see family. In my experience - generally speaking - the Irish in the Republic like and get on with the English in a far more friendly fashion than either the Scots or the Welsh do, however if you wish to piss them off tell them that they're living in the British Isles :)

Living on our rock in the sea and paying no rent. :oops:

Quite right, mine was tongue in cheek.

Yes I know it was mate, you come across as actually knowing a bit about stuff, as opposed to spouting uninformed opinion like one or two tend to from time to time. :)

Moving on to our American friends, here is something off the forum of an online game that I play. Think I will suggest to Lord Wilder he should adopt this sniper tactic to give us a chance against the top clubs:

so went out of town to watch a travel team today. make fun of me all you want is it a coaching strategy to switch player's positions at halftime? know zero about the game. just know that i sat there not being able to tell how my niece was playing because she was on the far end of the field playing the far right. seemed the coach was using her as some kind of sniper. second half they switched fields and he moved her to left front. they lost and needed binoculars to see how she was playing. is that normal? upload_2019-5-18_17-16-52.gif

she just flipped and played the same position on the their same sideline. the kid is fast as hell but didn't show the effort i expected from her.

know nothing about it. one of the kids had to get carried off the field with a busted knee. coach came out and carried her to the bench. yesterday the other teams goaltender got a broken jaw. 13 and 14 year old girls are brutal in the heat of battle. upload_2019-5-18_17-17-43.gif

garth crooks is the david lammy of football.. shame as i used to like him

David Lammy is an excellent MP, a courageous democratic who has more integrity than Smogg, Barmy Boris and Weasel Farage put together.

Brexit is embarrassing Little Englander Bollocks. It is the political equivalent of Bladey Bladeness. The sooner we have a second vote and put the madness to an end, the better.

David Lammy is an excellent MP, a courageous democratic who has more integrity than Smogg, Barmy Boris and Weasel Farage put together.

Brexit is embarrassing Little Englander Bollocks. It is the political equivalent of Bladey Bladeness. The sooner we have a second vote and put the madness to an end, the better.
ha ha.. lammy is an idiot
last yougov poll a few weeks ago had leave ‘still’ ahead (just)
careful what you wish for ;)

I think Bannermans point was naming something doesn't give you ownership
Ireland may have been under British rule by force, but the Irish people never accepted it and continually fought for independence, unlike Scotland or Wales who eventually accepted it

I could move 20 members of my family into your house with guns and call it my house, but if you say it isn't my house, well then it isn't as far as you're concerned
yeah i know mate :D

I think it’s great we’ve built this team from within Britain and the empire...

Garth Crooks was a very decent footballer and gave us a fair amount of grief as a player .

78/79 at BDTBL.
Crooks had a header from the edge of the penalty that hit Conroy's bar, it was that powerful, it reminded me of an Alan Woodward volley.
We drew 0-0.

Back
Top Bottom