The six lowest points totals in Premier League history

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That’s a fairer reflection IMHO.

That was QPRs first top flight season. They went up 2 years in a row and won the league cup as a third tier side. They came up too quick.

Wolves 1983-4 was a pretty crap side. 5 wins from memory. That season was forgotten after Stoke the year after.

QPR were unlucky in their first season in the top flight in that they had a set of very average players plus one superbly talented goalscoring forward, Rodney Marsh, who was worth the admission money just to see him. The bad luck being that Marsh was out injured for almost the entire season. I think he only played one game.

There was far less tv coverage of football at the time. There is some film on YouTube of a game against Birmingham after QPR dropped back into the Second Division, which Rangers won 5-2 and Marsh scored a fine hat trick. Worth watching. The Birmingham side included Trevor Hockey, later to be crucial to our successful promotion back to the top division.

QPR were unlucky in their first season in the top flight in that they had a set of very average players plus one superbly talented goalscoring forward, Rodney Marsh, who was worth the admission money just to see him. The bad luck being that Marsh was out injured for almost the entire season. I think he only played one game.

There was far less tv coverage of football at the time. There is some film on YouTube of a game against Birmingham after QPR dropped back into the Second Division, which Rangers won 5-2 and Marsh scored a fine hat trick. Worth watching. The Birmingham side included Trevor Hockey, later to be crucial to our successful promotion back to the top division.
Some Man City fans said the signing of Rodney Marsh in March 1972 had cost them the title. Neil Young said "Rodney cost us the league, there's no doubt about it,' City's left winger said. 'Whereas before we all knew where we were on the pitch and what we were doing, when Rodney came he unsettled the team. Somebody would give him the ball and I'd make a run ready to collect it in the box and it would never arrive. I'd turn around and he would be juggling it like a bloody seal.'

QPR got promoted to the 1st division in the season after they sold Marsh.

Some Man City fans said the signing of Rodney Marsh in March 1972 had cost them the title. Neil Young said "Rodney cost us the league, there's no doubt about it,' City's left winger said. 'Whereas before we all knew where we were on the pitch and what we were doing, when Rodney came he unsettled the team. Somebody would give him the ball and I'd make a run ready to collect it in the box and it would never arrive. I'd turn around and he would be juggling it like a bloody seal.'

QPR got promoted to the 1st division in the season after they sold Marsh.
Marsh himself has admitted it 🙂 Allison's great mistake post Mercer.

Nevertheless, he was one of those footballers who make you realise how sublime and fun the game can be. And he was crucial in QPR winning their one major trophy, the League Cup.

He didn't achieve as much as, with his talents, maybe he could have done, but his success was in spite of an upbringing that was incredibly deprived and violent.

Anyway, reminiscing about him at least took my mind temporarily off our current nightmare. 🙂

In the deep, deep hole we've ended up in, my ambitions are reduced to one more point to move clear of Derby's record and some attacking football. Less fear please.

Does it matter ?

If we make it to 20 points some smart arse will only make a table of worst 7 teams in the Premier League.

Just like the media think it's clever to use the 20 defeats in 25 games, worst ever team blah, blah, blah

How can we be the worst ever team when we equalled Derby's record after 22 games.

If Man Utd lost their first game of next season 6-0 would that make them the worst team in history to have ever played the game, after one game.

The media are fucking hysterical arseholes who don't have to do anything at all apart from create total bullshit and sensationalism due to the complete lack of brain cells of the general public today.
Bang on that ..

Back
Top Bottom