THE SEASON WILL END TOMORROW MORNING!!😭

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm still of the opinion that this is bedwetting of the highest level.

Did we suspend the season when SARS was at its peak? Ebola?

I can understand the requirement to contain this and to slow down any further spread. But to do that you need to do more than just play football matches behind closed doors. The rail network needs to close. The country needs to be locked down.

Im quite surprised, actually, that the government has allowed us all to go to the game this weekend, considering this country has some of the biggest snowflake pussies around.
It was much more difficult to catch both Ebola and Sars than it is with this. Ebola was contained to West Africa, also. The only Brit who died had been working there.

There’s also more cases and deaths in the UK than both of these put together, with numbers increasing daily.

The sensible thing would be to postpone the Euros till next season and do and finish domestic leagues. Of course there is no guarantee that this will be cleared up by next year though.....

Play all unaffected games behind closed doors.

Allow 3pm kick offs to be screened on UK TV.

Ban gatherings of more than 50 people 2 miles within stadia.

There’s also more cases and deaths in the UK than both of these put together, with numbers increasing daily.

Here's one for you to ponder.

10 deaths in the UK so far.

Yet nobody has been named. Not one family member of these 10 people have come out and expressed their pain or hurt at losing their elderly loved ones. If it was my relative, I'd be telling the news exactly where she lived and where she'd been. Her symptoms. How long she'd had those symptoms. I'd be acti Ely out there telling people what to look for.

Considering the wall to wall media we have nowadays, has anyone else thought that this is a bit odd?

Nothing apart from "a nurse has confirmed a woman in her 60s with underlying health issues has died". No name. And every death I've seen so far has been preceded with 'underlying health issues'.

If youre poorly, have an underlying health issue, don't go out. Self-isolate? People with a fever do that anyway.

Bed wetting.

What about stopping the season now. Positions are now final. No promotion or relegation to PL

The EFL clubs would kick up a stink but there's little they could do as the EPL is separate with its own rules and participation is by invite. (Is this correct?l

How about just playing on. It's the best signal we can send to people to carry on with their lives and not to worry too much.

If this is flu like, then teams get flu like symptoms throughout the season and deal with it anyway.

I thought we British were supposed to battle on in the face of adversity with a stiff upper lip!

Yet nobody has been named. Not one family member of these 10 people have come out and expressed their pain or hurt at losing their elderly loved ones. If it was my relative, I'd be telling the news exactly where she lived and where she'd been. Her symptoms. How long she'd had those symptoms. I'd be acti Ely out there telling people what to look for.

Considering the wall to wall media we have nowadays, has anyone else thought that this is a bit odd?

Nothing apart from "a nurse has confirmed a woman in her 60s with underlying health issues has died". No name. And every death I've seen so far has been preceded with 'underlying health issues'.

If youre poorly, have an underlying health issue, don't go out. Self-isolate? People with a fever do that anyway.

Bed wetting.

We're in lockdown here. School's closed for a month (teaching via internet), all restaurants only doing delivery, all public gatherings advised against and gyms closed. All flights from today cancelled in and out of the country (except for the locals). People were out panic buying when they announced this on Wednesday. I went to the supermarket today, just like a normal Friday morning. Quiet and well stocked.

It's a bit overkill. Especially the gym bit. How else can I sculpt my guns? Haha.

China has contained the spread and cases found are slowing down using similar methods around Wuhan.

But the panic is mental. Old and weak folk are always more at risk... from any virus!

Bed wetting.
So you’re suggesting it’s some kind of conspiracy?

Maybe the families are too upset mourning their loved ones to take time out and talk to The Sun. Perhaps newspapers are, for once, trying to quell any panic by not publicising details of those who’ve died from it, in order to avoid panic to those who have been/live in close proximity.

Not everyone with underlying health issues has the luxury of not going out. Many will live alone and not have anyone to help them.

How about just playing on. It's the best signal we can send to people to carry on with their lives and not to worry too much.

If this is flu like, then teams get flu like symptoms throughout the season and deal with it anyway.

I thought we British were supposed to battle on in the face of adversity with a stiff upper lip!
Whatever happened to 'keep calm and carry on'...?

'Don't keep calm and buy loads of bog roll'

Bed wetting.

I heard a bloke on the radio taking about the death of his father from the virus.

Bed wetting.

So you’re suggesting it’s some kind of conspiracy?

Maybe the families are too upset mourning their loved ones to take time out and talk to The Sun. Perhaps newspapers are, for once, trying to quell any panic by not publicising details of those who’ve died from it, in order to avoid panic to those who have been/live in close proximity.

Not everyone with underlying health issues has the luxury of not going out. Many will live alone and not have anyone to help them.
You're telling me the papers and news are trying to avoid panic, despite the media being the ones telling us to panic?

Coming out with sensible suggestions may get you a fat lip instead of a stiffy one :oops:

No chance the season will be just cancelled, with less than half the season being played then maybe, but no chance now 75% of the season has been completed.

You're telling me the papers and news are trying to avoid panic, despite the media being the ones telling us to panic?
I tend to agree with the lack of coverage around those who have got it, not necessarily the families of those that have passed away, but others explaining what brought them forward to get tested and how they felt with it.

Perhaps it is to ensure the Government’s narrative is the only one.Wouldn’t want 10 people coming forward saying it was no worse than a cold, similarly wouldn’t want them saying they nearly died. Possibly to avoid flippancy/mass panic.

I suppose it’s still early days.

With all the few thousands that have died there's been no reports on funerals. Surely the there wood be a mass surge for the undertakers who wouldn't be able to cope or is it a case of dig a big hole and see if anyone notices 🤷‍♂️

What about stopping the season now. Positions are now final. No promotion or relegation to PL

The EFL clubs would kick up a stink but there's little they could do as the EPL is separate with its own rules and participation is by invite. (Is this correct?l

What about EFL points deductions?????? :)

it’s a radical suggestion but..

Pause it all for twelve moths, add a year to every players contract, and start again from the current league positions on 14th March 2021 push all tournaments back by exactly 12 months.

A slush fund paid in by the broadcasters and the government to keep some EFL clubs going.

I thought it was Bats that started this off ? :p

Sensational headlines to a none story, like the three Leicester players. I posted the facts about this earlier, but only a few people seem to have noticed.
Can you post an example of one of the headlines please? I've genuinely not seen one (not that I look out for them).

THE SEASON WILL END IN THE MORNING

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has got Coronavirus ,so do 3 Leicester players,Arsenals team has gone into self isolation,Brighton v Arsenal has been called off.
Unfortunately the premier League has no other option.
Over the next few months things will get worse not better,there will be no way to finish a 38 game season.
The season will finish with 29 games played.
Which brings an interesting scenario Villa v Blades still to play,Villa win they jump above Bournemouth and Watford and stay up,draw they get relegated and if Blades win we jump Wolves and Man Utd into 5th and Champions league possible spot.
I hope the season doesn’t finish after a top level meeting in the morning,I’d rather see games played behind closed doors on tv so we could still see the games.
But after a manager,3 players have caught it and then the Arsenal team has to isolate I really don’t see any other option.
The NBA has cancelled the season and other major sports all over the world also

What do you all think?

It's like Brexit, we're all doomed.

Playing on would be best for everyone, but as soon as an elderly fan dies - it will be linked to C19 and the media will ask why the league wasn't suspended.

The PL will be desperate to carry on as anything else opens up a whole shitstorm of implecations, legal wrangles etc.

Is there anything in the EPL laws for this kind of thing happening? (Teams unable to fulfill fixtures etc)

Weird you say that as by the far worse culprits for that are The Express and Mail.

Quite. I haven’t seen any hysteria in The Guardian tbh...probably the least hysterical rag of the lot where this is concerned.

Can you post an example of one of the headlines please? I've genuinely not seen one (not that I look out for them).
There are many msm headlines referring to the virus, but not in the original club statement, which was far more circumspect and realistic.
Check out Sky sports or Metros version of events, among others including the Independent.

Back
Top Bottom