The Referee today-

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seriously no one's going to talk about the 2 throw ins we should have had, one they clearly headed out then one that they crossed in that didn't touch any other players? He also gave us one that should've been theirs! All the officials were shit!

Wasn't just the ref who was itching to book every United 'foul'. The commentator on Sky was practically complaining about the LACK of yellow cards being dished out to United players for these fouls.

There was a period in the first half when Kemar Roofe had eyes on Egan, watched him all the way & body checked him. The ref (rightly) gave a foul to United & the commentator complained as he didn't see anything wrong. A minute later, Stevens tripped their winger (think it was Hernandez) & he was again complaining about the lack of yellow card. Unreal bias.

We got several dodgy lino decisions in our favour

He was the same referee who saw nothing wrong with sordell’s challenge on coutts that broke his leg!!.
That says it all I think!!.
He was inept but so were his assistants.
We move on to the next game. Onwards and upwards hopefully?. UTB

Although Stevens was lucky not to get a second yellow (wtf was he thinking flying in like that on the halfway line?!) the one he got earlier shouldn't have been given...the Leeds player clearly clipped him first...and as he fell he just happened to try and rip the lad's shirt off! :D Don't think McGoldrick meant his foul. To me it looked like he was trying to step over the ball to shield it, but as their guy came in a bit quicker than he anticipated it ended up looking pretty nasty. Should probably have been a booking. Baldock very lucky to get away with that challenge on Hernandez!

The ref started the day giving us the benefit of doubt for the first couple of decisions and then all of a sudden started booking us for no reason( see enda Stevens booking) . After that it was a slow but sure mind game into our players( see billy sharpe every time he challenged for a ball) then one by one having a word with many blades players, affecting all there games.

Agree that Stevens should have had a free kick before his foul for his booking but from where I was sat the Norwood one looked particularly harsh (although I’ve not watched it back) No complaints with the others but I did feel we were penalised when similar Leeds fouls weren’t. As for the lino’s, it was a toss up which could fuck up the most. The one at the kop end nicked it at the death with the ridiculous throw in to Leeds which the big centre half headed out from distance unchallenged. Ultimately though as shit as they all were it didn’t affect the result at all

He was bloody awful, but to be fair we got away with one or two. Not often it works in our favour.

I don't normally criticise refs, but that guy today was pedantic in the extreme. At one point I thought he was trying to book the whole team. 7 yellow cards in all and there wasn't a single bad tackle out there - quite ridiculous actually. I'm surprised no one got sent off - I thought we were heading for that scenario. And that linesman...oh boy! He saw offsides when there weren't any and he couldn't even get the direction of the throw-ins correct.

There were a few bad tackles, however bookings weren't given for them. Inconsistent reffing to the extreme and he made a rod for his own back with the Stevens booking. It did make me laugh when he booked Roofe for pretty much nothing just because the Blades players crowded him out and complained a bit.

Watch it again is all I can say. There were bad tackles and I didn’t see one bad offside decision. On another day we could have conceded a couple of pens from corners too; we absolutely benefited from some bad decisions today
Sharp was deffo offside when he missed that header

Sharp was deffo offside when he missed that header
Yeah i remember that one - you are correct :)

It was hardly a game littered with offside mistakes though. We were uncharacteristically dirty for me, to the point that i felt uncomfortable watching it. Yeah ok we got bullied last season and i'm happy to see us toughen up, but i think we crossed the line on two or three occasions yesterday. Baldock got off lightly first half when he wasn't booked for a bad foul, and should have walked second half. Added to that was Stevens and Goldie, it could have got a bit embarrassing with a different ref.

Chris Wilder said in his interview that was the worst ref performance this season and cant disagree with that

We were dirty, lots of bad tackles flying in. I think most were clumsy rather than deliberate, but it wasn't good and no one can criticise the number of yellow cards, though there was some inconsistency. Also the shirt pulling was ridiculous, we could have given several penalties away and Leeds a couple too - I don't know what's happening with that aspect of the game.

Oh dear Oliver Langford is back for the West Brom game.

The man who reffed two of our defeats this season against Derby away and Leeds at Home. CW said it was the worst ref performance this season after the Leeds game.

Langford was also the ref when Coutts broke his leg.

Not a popular man but fans around the country are universal in their condemnation of his incompetence;

Deadbat v Derby

" Thought he gave them every 50/50 ball. He barely gave us a free kick"

Deadbat v Weeds

" Thought he was awful. He let things go when he could have stopped it, he stopped it when things should have been let go. He gave mysterious fouls all game both ways and seemed to have no idea on what constituted acceptable contact". I think both teams will mark him low with good reason"

Weeds fan same game

" Oliver Langford was so bad you thought it had to be a joke or some surreal or paranoid dream"

Brentford

" A man who incensed the entire Griffin Park Ground with a series of odd decisions"

Burnley

" Oliver needs to go to specsavers he gave a penalty to-day three yards outside the penalty area"

Brighton

" Poor performance cost us two goals with his decisions. The penalty was an outrageous decision"

Well at least he's consistently shite!!!

Back
Top Bottom