The Referee today-

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hard to complain too much, we were somewhat fortunate to finish with 11 men on the pitch. Nothing malicious from our players, just a bit late against Leeds players who seemed to think and move a bit quicker than most teams we've been up against so far.

The linesman, sorry Ref's Assistant, was even worse. Not the reason for the loss but made it so hard to build any momentum.

I don't normally criticise refs, but that guy today was pedantic in the extreme. At one point I thought he was trying to book the whole team. 7 yellow cards in all and there wasn't a single bad tackle out there - quite ridiculous actually. I'm surprised no one got sent off - I thought we were heading for that scenario. And that linesman...oh boy! He saw offsides when there weren't any and he couldn't even get the direction of the throw-ins correct.

Was a strange one, near the end we seemed to get some decisions we shouldn't have, still managed to miss all the ones we should have tho... Dopey cunt.

Hard to complain too much, we were somewhat fortunate to finish with 11 men on the pitch. Nothing malicious from our players, just a bit late against Leeds players who seemed to think and move a bit quicker than most teams we've been up against so far.
Most athletic team we've seen all year by a fair distance

He was equally shit from either perspective tbh, along with his officials, we should have had 9 men really. He hated Billy though. He got battered today and got nowt really and he was a bit soft on the Leeds keeper. Got him out of jail a couple of times.

Thought he was poor. Very eager to give yellows to us. Did their 7 elbow Egan? Agree about Ref Asst on South Stand side. Gave an incredibly poor offside against Blades bang in line with us, throw ins often wrong.

Thought he was poor. Very eager to give yellows to us. Did their 7 elbow Egan? Agree about Ref Asst on South Stand side. Gave an incredibly poor offside against Blades bang in line with us, throw ins often wrong.

We had a corner towards the end of the game which had gone well out of play and should have been a goal kick. I think that linesman was just guessing for the entire match.

We had a corner towards the end of the game which had gone well out of play and should have been a goal kick. I think that linesman was just guessing for the entire match.
We spotted that one too.

Tin hat on here.

I don’t think he was too bad, a couple of questionable bookings but he didn’t fall for the pathetic diving from the usual Leeds suspects.

Can’t blame him for the defeat or for having. Lines men who thought the ball had to two widths out to put their flags up.

Last edited:
Having just watched the replay, If the linesmen had been on their A game today, most of our best chances would have been flagged for offside, including Billy’s header.

Thats the thing both chances first half were offside.

He had a thing for shirt pulling today.He did allow weeds to get away with a glaring time added cross into their box the weeds player must have walked off with half a Blade shirt in his hand.

I didn’t see one bad offside decision

There was one in front of me that couldn't have been more obvious if he'd brought a big 'i'm offside' sign and been prodding the lino (who was looking straight at him) saying 'i' m offside mate'.

There was one in front of me that couldn't have been more obvious if he'd brought a big 'i'm offside' sign and been prodding the lino (who was looking straight at him) saying 'i' m offside mate'.
First half ?

He had a thing for shirt pulling today.He did allow weeds to get away with a glaring time added cross into their box the weeds player must have walked off with half a Blade shirt in his hand.

Baldock was lucky not to get penalised fur two gravd of the shirt in the box. I have watched the game back and to be honest we should have had McGoldrick sent off. It was an awful tackle. Indeed Stevens might have gone too. It was not inconceivable we could have had 9 men by half time.

Last edited:

Baldock was lucky not to get penalised fur two gravd of the shirt in the box. I have watched the game back and to be honest we should have had McGoldrick sent off. It was an awful tackle. Indeed Stevens might have gone too. It was not inconceivable we could have had 9 men by half time.

Baldock got away with a a shocking tackle in the first half as well - and then got what should have been a second yellow later.

Back
Top Bottom