Match Thread The Mighty Blades v QPR

Discussion in 'General Blades Chat' started by Not_a_Cheat, Jan 12, 2019.

to hide all adverts

1. Speedracer

Speedracer Member

Tough call this one, & I wonder if the fact we sometimes leave ourselves open to the counter attack, coupled with the fact QPR have the strikers to hurt us, we might come out & start in a more patient style of play & sit a bit deeper. If we do that I could see Madine starting, but I hope we go for them as per & dominate them all over the pitch & leave Madine on the bench until he might be needed later in the game.
    I can honestly see a way that all three results are possible, but hoping for a good game & a 2-0 Blades win.

Advertisement:

to hide all adverts.
  2. Mesut Özil's Lawnmower

Madine is a Blade now it does no good to anyone to boo him

And if he smashes one into Kop end I would bet top dollar it won’t be long before the naysayers crack out that turgid goal machine chant themselves

3-1 United, enough of this “I think we’ll lose” rubbish, we’re always gonna win until we’ve actually lost ;)

3. Fulwood Blade

Fulwood Blade Well-Known Member

Tough game today.

Are we serious about finishing top 2? - then we MUST win this game.

Watched Leeds v Derby last night and to be fair to Leeds they were really really on it - combative, competitive, aggressive without being dirty and just didn't give Derby a minutes peace.

We can be like that, although I'd call us relentless.

Genuine opinion - we've got more skill and play a better style, although I would also enjoy watching Leeds (if I had to !)

We just need to be on it. We were on it v Wigan even though we played a bit different.

We're good enough for top 2 - we just need to prove it.

UTB

bornandbred and Grappler like this.
  4. LoughboroBlade

LoughboroBlade Well-Known Member

I’ve probably walked past the wall of ex-players in the South Stand plenty of times since it was introduced, but just walking past Deane’s today ahead of the game it just suddenly occurred...why isn’t he recognised as a full international on this? Hasn’t he been capped at both B and senior level? Info online would suggest he has...

Silent BladeSilent Blade or anyone else got the definitive answer?

2EF1A0EC-D718-444C-BF43-267D1A4B3F9F.jpeg

02779795-8475-4507-AE4D-4FD12B9F34F2.jpeg

Silent Blade and Sothall_Blade like this.
  5. Cerberus Blade

Cerberus Blade Well-Known Member

You've gone and spoilt it now by telling us the score!

6. Cerberus Blade

Cerberus Blade Well-Known Member

I must admit, I've mellowed towards the idea of Madine since I first heard this.

My initial reaction was "why on earth?" because I just didn't think he was of the "star" quality that we need. And then all the emotional stuff about him being a dickhead made things worse. I just thought we could have done a lot better and without the controversy.

However, I've listened to Chris's viewpoint and I'm going in there today open-minded about it. I don't think it's important whether I like the bloke or not. After all, I don't really like any of them - I don't know them and don't want to know them. But I'll judge him on the football he plays. I hope he does well for us.

As to the game itself, well, QPR, I thought, were very poor early on in the season. They've obviously improved a lot and not lost in 5 I think? All I can say is, it's time they did then.

2-0 to the Blades

7. LoughboroBlade

LoughboroBlade Well-Known Member

Team as expected. Rumoured Henderson absence non-existent. Madine on the bench with Dowell. Washington the one to miss out.

Also, as per the new graphics, Wilder confirmed as starting.

#27 LoughboroBlade, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  8. sheff_blade90

sheff_blade90 Well-Known Member

disappointed madine not in the starting 11. as i was intrigued at what happen when gary says his name. cheer, boo or silence like tonge

but big game to get back on track because regardless of what said losing to barnet in the fa cup & it couldve been 3-0 not 1-0 with the defence all over the place will have had an effect. will be relief with swansea & Norwich next 2 to put it behind us

9. PeterNdlovu081

PeterNdlovu081 COCK PISS PARTRIDGE

I've got Wilder first goalscorer at 750/1.

Easy money.

LoughboroBlade and bromtom like this.
  10. HydeParkBlade

HydeParkBlade Member

Great half. Basham has been the best player on the pitch by a mile.

11. Sothall_Blade

Sothall_Blade Well-Known Member

If points were awarded for pinging cross field balls out to the heads of your full backs....

QPR would still be mid-table because they’re crap at doing it, despite it seemingly being their main tactic.

LoughboroBlade and HydeParkBlade like this.
  12. shrubbery

shrubbery Member

QPR looking awful. Seems the main tactic was to waste as much time as possible and they now look flustered having to speed things up as they’re behind.

Excellent cross for Goldys goal. Still hesitating too much to get the ball in the box for me. Fleck looks completely out of sorts. Must have given the ball away or played hospital passes more than the rest of the team put together (maybe Jack apart).

We should really go on to win this comfortably.... so expect a 2-1 loss..

13. 8lade

8lade Well-Known Member

Well done McGoldrick, I've been his biggest critic of his aerial prowess (gets his head on the ball but never enough power).

14. Sheffsteel

Sheffsteel Well-Known Member

Excellent first half from us. We look a very good side, clearly a class above a very dissapointing QPR side who’s sole tactic seems to be to contain us and try to get to half time at 0-0.

My only concern is that the 1st half has kind of been too easy. Also can’t believe that QPR can be this poor. Our goalie has not made a single save.

Based on the 1st half I’m expecting a comfortable 2 or 3-0 win but we all know how 2nd halves can change and I’m expecting QPR to up their tempo and at least show they are trying.

15. Iceybabey

Iceybabey Active Member

Glad we don't have to play them boring awkward unothordox twats again

16. derryblade

derryblade Member

Another three points, clean sheet well done,we march on.

GroovyBrad likes this.
  17. derekacorah

derekacorah Well-Known Member

They were slightly more lively for 20 mins in the second half but then went back to being shit again. Looks like they’ve spent their millions wisely.

shrubbery likes this.
  18. bromtom

bromtom Well-Known Member

Excellent defensive display today. Hesitant up front but our defenders never let them have a sniff really bar a dodgy corner and a few long shots.

Stevens, immense today.

Dowell looks great with the first team.

Referee making it up as he goes along.

Great result. UTB

shrubbery and LoughboroBlade like this.
  19. essexblade73

essexblade73 Member

Dominant performance. Enda Stevens was outstanding.

Silent Blade likes this.
  20. Eddiecolquhounsleg

50 points - relegation avoided - now go for Leeds. Just going to crack one...... errr... crack open a beer. UTB