Match Thread The Mighty Blades v QPR

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If points were awarded for pinging cross field balls out to the heads of your full backs....

QPR would still be mid-table because they’re crap at doing it, despite it seemingly being their main tactic.

QPR looking awful. Seems the main tactic was to waste as much time as possible and they now look flustered having to speed things up as they’re behind.

Excellent cross for Goldys goal. Still hesitating too much to get the ball in the box for me. Fleck looks completely out of sorts. Must have given the ball away or played hospital passes more than the rest of the team put together (maybe Jack apart).

We should really go on to win this comfortably.... so expect a 2-1 loss..

Well done McGoldrick, I've been his biggest critic of his aerial prowess (gets his head on the ball but never enough power).

Excellent first half from us. We look a very good side, clearly a class above a very dissapointing QPR side who’s sole tactic seems to be to contain us and try to get to half time at 0-0.

My only concern is that the 1st half has kind of been too easy. Also can’t believe that QPR can be this poor. Our goalie has not made a single save.

Based on the 1st half I’m expecting a comfortable 2 or 3-0 win but we all know how 2nd halves can change and I’m expecting QPR to up their tempo and at least show they are trying.

Glad we don't have to play them boring awkward unothordox twats again

They were slightly more lively for 20 mins in the second half but then went back to being shit again. Looks like they’ve spent their millions wisely.

Excellent defensive display today. Hesitant up front but our defenders never let them have a sniff really bar a dodgy corner and a few long shots.

Stevens, immense today.

Dowell looks great with the first team.

Referee making it up as he goes along.

Great result. UTB

50 points - relegation avoided - now go for Leeds. Just going to crack one...... errr... crack open a beer. UTB

Excellent first half from us. We look a very good side, clearly a class above

Thought we didn’t really hit our usual heights. It was a very scrappy game, we were very sloppy on the ball (O’Connell in particular) and the goal while well-worked was the one quality moment in an otherwise poor game.

Excellent defensive display today.

Absolutely. Defensively I thought we were excellent – Basham and Stevens in particular – and it was noticable that Smith’s impact was completely minimal. We had very few good chances today – they had zero.

My big plus from today was “in game” management.

We coasted to an easy 1-0 win making QPR look so very very ordinary.

I saw the game like a boxing match where we have the longer reach, more skill so we build up a big points lead at the half way stage.
A boxing trainer would say, “keep jabbing from distance, keep your distance, don’t make any stupid mistakes and you’ve won”.

United didn’t go looking for the 2-0 in their usual cavalier way. We also didn’t sit back in numbers inviting pressure. Instead we continued attacking in a very controlled inteligent manner keeping possession, so QPR couldn’t get any pressure going.

We generally played in 2nd and 3rd great all match but used our heads, no nervous defending and ended up with a comfortable and very professional 1-0 win.

we werent at our best today, weve seemingly cracked the playing average & getting 3pts. but didnt really have to be as I felt we were pretty comfortable for 90mins QPR didnt cause many problems. they was a threat at the rare set piece they had in the 1st half & look like they had potienial in 2nd half with the pace but our defence intercept almost 90% of balls at them with no bother. really I expected a tougher game than we got as coming in Id heard they unbeaten in 6 after beating Middlesbrough Forest & Leeds. but I cant think of tough save Henderson had to make as nothing really dangerous in open play

watching him in last 2 games & im liking the look of dowell. looking like they will better signings than we achieved last January. its fantastic to be in auto promotion place albeit by 4 goals. but horror of last sunday in the distance. that Norwich game is going to be huge & of all strange tv choices recently. im amazed considering the magnitude of game that sky aren't falling over themselves to take that

Last edited:
we werent at our best today, weve seemingly cracked the playing average & getting 3pts. but didnt really have to be as I felt we were pretty comfortable for 90mins QPR didnt cause many problems. they was a threat at the rare set piece they had in the 1st half & look like they had potienial in 2nd half with the pace but our defence intercept almost 90% of balls at them with no bother. really I expected a tougher game than we got as coming in Id heard they unbeaten in 6 after beating Middlesbrough Forest & Leeds. but I cant think of tough save Henderson had to make as nothing really dangerous in open play

watching him in last 2 games & im liking the look of dowell. looking like they will better signings than we achieved last january
Early impressions of Dowell - great skill - but a bit powder puff.

We’ll see. Too early to judge yet.

Back
Top Bottom