The Mighty Blades v Derby County - 26/08/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That is the best half of football I've seen for a while, absolutely dominated. Derby are shocked, can see this being 4 or 5. Lavery has taken his chance today, totally different footballer from Tuesday night.
Fantastic performance, first half was top class! Fantastic support, and very accomplished performances - Lavery and Ched both did well with their minutes on the pitch - Coutts was magnificent!!!

Great day!!!

Great performance and well deserved win - and what a way to end the game. We dominated possession and I guess the only minor criticism was that we didn't convert that into attempts on goal for much of the game. Having said that we did have two one on ones with their keeper in the 2nd half.

Fantastic support too.

Get in!!

You lot were happy with a 1-1.

Fantastic Blades

Goals:

All of them quite odd, but well deserved.

Not the best goals we've ever scored, Derby fans will claim them all as lucky

But first comes from excellent pressure, probably the most fortunate, but what a first time finish from Billy

Second comes after a great passage of play, deserves to have someone get on end of cross, cheers Russell

And third comes from them being desperate for a goal, sending keeper up, and again Billy has the composure to take on his man and finish it off

Earned all three of them in my, maybe ever so slightly biased opinion

Well well as others have said the Blades are back. A mediocre Derby side but totally deserved the win, top class from end to end.

Hope that means we are over the slow start like last season and can kick on and enjoy ourselves.

Still need 2 or 3 through the door, an away win is crucial to get the monkey off our back and the team need to start helping Sharp with the goal haul. But 5th in league after 5 games, can't complain with that.

I was going to start a thread complaining bitterly about Billy. 97th minute of the third home game, he's scored 3 goals, all at the Lane End. I haven't paid good money for a seat behind the goal on the Kop expecting to see no goals. And then he receives the ball around the half-way line, no goalie cos he's gone up for a free-kick, and Billy takes 2 defenders out of the equation, and -pure genius- rolls it firmly but slowly towards the middle of the goal, so that we can all enjoy several seconds of celebration before the ball crosses the line. Nice one, Billy, all is forgiven.

Back
Top Bottom