The Mighty Blades v Barnsley 19/08/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is it just me or does Brooks always look angry?

nice to see last seasons fleck and coutts back today, barring the last 20 mins i thought they controlled it, much better from freeman and stevens today, i said it last season, the way duffy floats about it often takes 2 to pick him up, leaving acres of space for the full backs, don't think its any coincidence that duffy plays today, and we seem to have more time and space in the final 3rd

I think Fleck has been 5/10 at best in every game so far this season. Looks totally off the pace.

We have pressed them into the ground like we did teams last season, much better to see. Blackman had nothing to do.

Both players deserved to be off. Idiots.

I was sat adjacent to the incident in the south stand and I clearly saw the dingle put his head into Clarke's face . Straight red all day long. But what did Clarke do ? Everyone around me was nonplussed by the decision to give him a straight red .

Grabbed him by the throat. Moron.

Fucking idiot . I was hopeful that we could have appealed the decision bit he's pretty much ruled that option out . 3 game ban and Ched looks miles off full match fitness/sharpness.

Fleck lost the ball in some really dangerous positions today, OK he made some crunching tackles (some massively mistimed, mind) but looks a long way off the player of last season. Like people have said though, he did start slowly last season - maybe even more so than everyone else.

Brookes looked a class above when he came,unlucky not to score when it rolled across the line with keeper beaten.
He was a bit greedy at times trying to shoot when others better placed,but that will come with experience. Really good talent,let's hope we can hang on to him !

Fucking idiot . I was hopeful that we could have appealed the decision bit he's pretty much ruled that option out . 3 game ban and Ched looks miles off full match fitness/sharpness.
Yeah Ched did not look anywhere near match sharpness or fitness when he came on, not compared to Tuesday anyway.

How much of a difference has Wright made?
Wright looked mostly solid. He had a couple of wayward clearances- I particularly remember a couple of very poor headers; but I felt more confident with him commanding the back than in the last few games with Stearman.
Then again, the quality of the opposition today was dramatically lower than in the games Stearman was starting in.

Leon Clarke is a waste of space especially at this level. Total idiot getting himself sent off as well.

Overall we deserved the win as Barnsley were pretty gash.

Billy proving his worth but where are the other goals going to come from?

Leon Clarke is a waste of space especially at this level. Total idiot getting himself sent off as well.

he is a lucky boy the guy retaliated, if he hadn't we would have been down to 10 and it may well have cost us 3 points

I predicted the wingbacks would have good games today and they did. May be a case for playing Lafferty and Baldock (when fit) in some away games where we expect to be under a lot of pressure.

I think we said the same thing this time last season. We definitely need another striker in, but as players settle into the this division I'm sure we'll get goals from other positions just like we did then.

John Fleck was outstanding today - here there and everywhere.

OK, so Duffy got MOM on the tannoy by ???? Fleck did all of Duffy's dirty work which allowed Duffy the space.

Fleck easy MOM for me.

UTB

How much of a difference has Wright made?

He was simplicity personified - as always.

He seems to bring the best out of Bash and JOC - just prompts/talks/shows and helps them through games.

Never more than 3 touches - normally 2 - just what he did last season really.

UTB

He was simplicity personified - as always.

He seems to bring the best out of Bash and JOC - just prompts/talks/shows and helps them through games.

Never more than 3 touches - normally 2 - just what he did last season really.

UTB

As I'd hoped but nice to have that confirmed, cheers!

He plays text book football, gets possession and then looks to release, can't improve on that.

Fleck lost the ball in some really dangerous positions today, OK he made some crunching tackles (some massively mistimed, mind) but looks a long way off the player of last season. Like people have said though, he did start slowly last season - maybe even more so than everyone else.
Shudder gone to Specsavers pal :rolleyes: UTB

Back
Top Bottom