The message behind Prince Abdullah's backing of Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kozzy_is_my_Dad

No excuses, no dickheads.
Reaction score
The message behind Prince Abdullah's backing of Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder

Great article, IMO.

"The decision to keep Chris is because I think he is the best manager to take us out of this current situation.

"I believe if the worst comes to the worst and we get relegated, he'll be the manager to take us back quickly."

As the author says: It kills all talk of the manager's position and allows the club to remain united and plan for the future.

Hi, Stegosaurus here,

Anyone who dismisses Big Sam should stick to playing Fifa. He's a good manager with a proven record of keeping shit teams up.

Fact

It's an interesting one for sure. It may signify that PA is confident that Wilder has not lost the dressing room which some are suggesting because surely part of any backing would be to look at the bigger picture and take into account the feel around the club as well as take on the opinions of senior staff. I think this is the critical part tbh, if Wilder has not lost the dressing room then he still is possibly the best man for the job as he has proven how good a manager he is not just with the Blades but in his time at Northampton too. Pound for pound he has possibly been the best manager in the League the last 5 or 6 years.

Looks like WBA might be doing a Watford; it is certainly a roll of the dice but as Watford found out last season it does not always work. You would have to say that Big Sam would likely keep WBA up given that they are already showing some signs of competing. Although he does get results what is the long term impact of having Big Sam managing your club? Seems to me when he leaves you then have to rebuild the side with more creative players as he is very much a workmanlike style of manager.

Bringing in Big Sam would be short-termism and desperation in the extreme. We’re trying to set ourselves up sustainably for the future, not making rash, knee-jerk decisions and lurching from one temporary solution to the next. Big Sam is not the answer for us.

I’m not saying something doesn’t need to change, because it’s clear to anyone with eyes and a brain that they do. However, a sticking plaster would do more harm than good. If we’re to twist, we need to go for the next long-term manager who can build on what we’ve already achieved and consolidate our position, not chuck in someone for a short-term fix and then have to go through the whole thing again at the end of the season.

The Prince has got it spot on

To all those with a Fat Sam fettish
If we were to appoint him how long a contract would you give him ? End of season , 18 months, 2 years ?

The Prince has got it spot on

To all those with a Fat Sam fettish
If we were to appoint him how long a contract would you give him ? End of season , 18 months, 2 years ?

End of season, with a 5-10 million pound bonus to entice him if he keeps us up.

Then re-assess with a new strategy for the following season and beyond.

Wilder would be welcome to apply at that point.

End of season, with a 5-10 million pound bonus to entice him if he keeps us up.

Then re-assess with a new strategy for the following season and beyond.

Wilder would be welcome to apply at that point.
You may as well offer him £20bn, he's not keeping us up.

I remember Gary Speed taking the Wales job when they had no chance of qualifying for a tournament and they offered him something like £5m to qualify, it's an empty gesture.

If WBA stay up they will prosper in the sense that they will make a lot more money and be in the top division.

It is sometimes the right move to sack a manager.
Sometimes, yes, but only if the replacement is better.

WTF you talking about? Fat Sam isn't and never will be their manager. They aren't that stupid. You're fucking obsessed with the fat twat.
I preferred you when you were obsessed with Ched.

Hi, Stegosaurus here,

Anyone who dismisses Big Sam should stick to playing Fifa. He's a good manager with a proven record of keeping shit teams up.

Fact

Pulis is very similar, but as shown by what's happening at Wednesday it doesn't always work out any better and you end up with hoofball in both instances, although what Wednesday had before was just as bad so it probably makes no difference to them. Big Sam demands a fortune also for him and his larger team of coaches and analysts.

Besides, Wilder's is definitely the man to lead the team, no question on that.

Back
Top Bottom