The Market value of Every SUFC Player.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

S5Blade

Nom, Nom, Nom
Reaction score

The ridicule this article has got on twitter says it all.

Danny04 I bet even you cringed at this article.

Tomorrow will be the Wednesday's 48m squad featuring 4m Tom Lees, 3m Joost Van Aken and 3m Barry Bannan (more expensive than 3/4 of our first choice midfield 4).

Super smashing great.

Just look at who compiled it, the ever pathetic Nancy Frostbite. She did a guide to the biggest transfer fees in Sheffield football and just got about everyone wrong. I wrote to her and told her but she never replied. No wonder The Star's on it's last legs.

To be fair they have just taken the values from TransferMarkt. It isn't the writers opinion or anything.

Still a pointless article except for getting clicks which I guess is their aim.

Pretty sure the article was published last week by the Y.P.
Utter tripe, and pointless.

I like the article , obviously been speaking to Dean Hammond and gone for the unseen research approach. Sure he is well chuffed that his influence has taught others to steal a wage.

Enda Stevens . The 28 year old Irish International Left Wing Back at 750k . Abart reight :confused:

To be fair they have just taken the values from TransferMarkt. It isn't the writers opinion or anything.

Still a pointless article except for getting clicks which I guess is their aim.

But they're meant to be local mate, it ain't as if you have to look far to understand the why's and wherefore's of either team. I mean, Lunny at £750K? Surely someone misplaced the full stop, so in reality you'd have £7.50? ;)

Next week is “Here are the Blades players in popularity order based on their twitter followers”.

I used to regularly read the Green Un app as it was a good way to keep in touch with Blades news. I struggle to pick out the articles that have actually been written now from the click bait shite. It’s a shame as James Shield and the forums own Danny Hall write some insightful ones.

Next week is “Here are the Blades players in popularity order based on their twitter followers”.

I used to regularly read the Green Un app as it was a good way to keep in touch with Blades news. I struggle to pick out the articles that have actually been written now from the click bait shite. It’s a shame as James Shield and the forums own Danny Hall write some insightful ones.

They should set up on their own and then Danny04 can tell us to **** off rather than making excuses :)

Fuck it, why not:

Dean Henderson - £14m
Simon Moore - £500k

George Baldock - £5m
Enda Stevens - £3m
Jack O'Connell - £10m
John Egan - £5.5m
Chris Basham - £2m
Jake Wright - <£100k
Keiron Freeman - £1.5m
Richard Stearman £250k
Kean Bryan - £1m
Martin Cranie - <£100k

Fleck - £8m
Lundstram - £1.5m
Dowell - £12m
Coutts - £750k
Duffy - £2m
Norwood - £3m
Marvin Johnson - £500k

Billy Sharp - £4m
Leon Clarke - £750k
David McGoldrick - £1.25m
Connor Washington - £1m
Gary Madine - £2m

Including Hendo but not Dowell or Madine. ‘Value’ is so subjective. (Unless you value Enda at 750k or compare Fleck’s worth with Johnson)

Danny - not aiming criticism in your direction, but why on earth was this person, who obviously has no knowledge of Utd or a realistic view of the players' market value (inc. considering contract status) tasked to produce such an article when there are already 2 x full time (??) journalists assigned to Utd?

The last article I read by her actually suggested Utd should consider signing Yaya Toure!! It really doesn't do anything for the reputation of the paper or its employees when such tosh is churned out.

Last edited:
He’s trying to diversify it appears with the book but it’d be a brave man to setup alone in such a competitive market where any moron with a blog considers themself a journalist.

Yes but we’d just get articles about the Blades - with the odd photo of the Sty obviously - and nothing about z list celebs or what Cilla Blacks cat looks like now ( you wouldn’t believe it!) on a subscription basis.

The only ones of any real value are the ones likely to make the step up to the premiership. Even some of these have a residual value only due to age. The rest have a value appropriate to the Championship or L1. Here goes:

Simon Moore - £500k (keep)
George Baldock - £2m (keep)
Enda Stevens - £2m (keep)
Jack O'Connell - £8m (keep)
John Egan - £5m (keep)
Chris Basham - £3m (keep)
Jake Wright - free (L1/2)
Keiron Freeman - £250k (L1)
Richard Stearman £250k (Champ/L1)
Kean Bryan - fuck knows
Martin Cranie - free (L1)
Fleck - £5m (keep)
Lundstram - £250k (Champ/L1)
Coutts - £500k (Champ), £3m (if recovered, keep)
Duffy - £250k (needs a good home)
Norwood - £3m (keep)
Marvin Johnson - £150k (Champ/L1)
Billy Sharp - £3m (keep)
Leon Clarke - £150k (Champ/L1)
David McGoldrick - £1m (Champ)
Connor Washington - free (L1)
Gary Madine - £2m (Champ)

This reminds me of when this issue came up in the Adkins season: https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.p...dy-good-result-today.45894/page-4#post-975463

The list at the time had Connor Sammon's value as twice Bradley Dack's, and Che Adams valued as the same as penalty abomination Andy Taylor. This wasn’t even at the start of the season fresh with the air of promise over the Sammon signing, but after the whiff of failure following nearly a full season of awful performances.

It is, as it was then, utter bollocks. Nobody with any credibility should be quoting from it. It is to transfer values what Football League World is to news.

Back
Top Bottom