The main purpose of Dubai?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MorettiBlade

Reaction score
I know that this forum holds genuine connections to the club itself, as well as a few members who tend to claim to have ITK knowledge...so I thought I would drop what I have been reading elsewhere onto here, to see if anyone can extract any truth from any of it.

So; on another national forum, one particular member (apparently based in the UAE) states that our current trip to Dubai is more about business, as opposed to a hot weather training camp. He elaborates by explaining that our owners have been meeting with potential "investors"in Dubai, before taking them down to the training ground to watch the team in action...with the ultimate goal being substantial investment into the club in the summer??...He states that HRH wants "partner investment" into the club, in order to take us to that next level next season??

I had a quick search of the usual social media platforms and can't really see anything indicative of what this guy claims. To be honest, i'm not sure whether it even matters in the slightest......I guess I am just more interested than anything, especially after previous rumoured "investment connections".

Either way I see exciting times ahead for us as a club....We have invested wisely during the last two windows, with some really good acquisitions. We are in a fantastic position at the minute and are on the brink of delivering something historical to the club!.....In the grand scheme of things, I guess you can easily say that we are "well ahead of schedule" in regards to the premier league blueprints.....If we pulled off the unthinkable and delivered European football to BDTBL, then we will surely need to have some form of investment into the club, in order to at least bulk out what is otherwise a small squad.

I take my hat off to our current owners.....Silencing the doubters and delivering on previous promises.

Well seen as though every premier club has a winter break and ours happen to be now may be a big indicator. Location always likely to be Middle East due to the connections. Also they want somewhere that’s warmer than here. Allows the new players to integrate faster as in essence living with the players for a week

Bettis said himself there are meetings going on about planning for short/middle/long term.

Potential investors theory seems off the mark but not impossible. They would mainly be wanting to see our facilities not facilities we are using for a week.

Well seen as though every premier club has a winter break and ours happen to be now may be a big indicator. Location always likely to be Middle East due to the connections. Also they want somewhere that’s warmer than here. Allows the new players to integrate faster as in essence living with the players for a week

Bettis said himself there are meetings going on about planning for short/middle/long term.

Potential investors theory seems off the mark but not impossible. They would mainly be wanting to see our facilities not facilities we are using for a week.

Yeah, I thought the bold bit myself....I guess the only thing on exhibition out there, would be the coaching team in action and stuff.

You know what rumours are like....But when somebody pops up, claiming to be from the UAE and stuff. Claiming to have a bit more knowledge than average joe....it sort of pricks your ears a bit doesn't it?..... I mean, for all I know....This so called source, could be a 14 year old keyboard warrior from Crosspool.

Yeah, I thought the bold bit myself....I guess the only thing on exhibition out there, would be the coaching team in action and stuff.

You know what rumours are like....But when somebody pops up, claiming to be from the UAE and stuff. Claiming to have a bit more knowledge than average joe....it sort of pricks your ears a bit doesn't it?..... I mean, for all I know....This so called source, could be a 14 year old keyboard warrior from Crosspool.

In terms of investment I believe we are now in a very strong position. The Prince owning the club he can sell of shares to raise capital if he requires. As one would imagine he will have some very wealthy friends from his region. I don’t believe finding investment in a top 10 (maybe top 6) club in the premier league is difficult. Especially when your coming into what is basically a ready made club.

The work to the training ground that Bettis was saying will improve our infrastructure and make us even more of a good looking investment.

HRH definitely invited people along to show off his football team we can see that in the video. Whether it was for potential investment into the club we will have to wait and see. Personally I think it's highly probably... Although I'm only putting 2 and 2 together of course!

No idea of the facts but it's not hard to believe that it could be true.

PA doesn't have personal wealth to impact on the PL and we need circa 50 million or so this summer to give to McCabe.

Now he is sole owner and the uncertainty of the court issue is out of the way it's entirely plausible he will be looking for investors.

I know that this forum holds genuine connections to the club itself, as well as a few members who tend to claim to have ITK knowledge...so I thought I would drop what I have been reading elsewhere onto here, to see if anyone can extract any truth from any of it.

So; on another national forum, one particular member (apparently based in the UAE) states that our current trip to Dubai is more about business, as opposed to a hot weather training camp. He elaborates by explaining that our owners have been meeting with potential "investors"in Dubai, before taking them down to the training ground to watch the team in action...with the ultimate goal being substantial investment into the club in the summer??...He states that HRH wants "partner investment" into the club, in order to take us to that next level next season??

I had a quick search of the usual social media platforms and can't really see anything indicative of what this guy claims. To be honest, i'm not sure whether it even matters in the slightest......I guess I am just more interested than anything, especially after previous rumoured "investment connections".

Either way I see exciting times ahead for us as a club....We have invested wisely during the last two windows, with some really good acquisitions. We are in a fantastic position at the minute and are on the brink of delivering something historical to the club!.....In the grand scheme of things, I guess you can easily say that we are "well ahead of schedule" in regards to the premier league blueprints.....If we pulled off the unthinkable and delivered European football to BDTBL, then we will surely need to have some form of investment into the club, in order to at least bulk out what is otherwise a small squad.

I take my hat off to our current owners.....Silencing the doubters and delivering on previous promises.
What’s the posters name, Mohammed bin Ricardo Sala Abdulah Cadette?

There will be multiple reasons for the trip. I'm sure some of it will be looking for investment, but its also good weather at this time of year for training , and getting the players all away together is good for team-building stuff too (as seen in the photos of them together last night). The other advantage of UAE is that there isn't drinking in public - I'm sure CW will allow them a few drinks in the hotel, but they're not going to be photographed falling out of nightclubs there (as often happens on breaks in Spain etc etc).

There will be multiple reasons for the trip. I'm sure some of it will be looking for investment, but its also good weather at this time of year for training , and getting the players all away together is good for team-building stuff too (as seen in the photos of them together last night). The other advantage of UAE is that there isn't drinking in public - I'm sure CW will allow them a few drinks in the hotel, but they're not going to be photographed falling out of nightclubs there (as often happens on breaks in Spain etc etc).

Indeed, the trip will be for numerous reasons.

The premier league is going to open all sorts of doors - we simply have to embrace that or slip back to being an all-so-ran in the championship.

At nearly 64 and I suppose I speak for many of my age and older - we've suffered some real shit along the way - what we have now is just off the Richter scale.

Man Utd have approaching 50 different types of sponsors world wide - we need to tap into money streams from all over the place. The 4 Nordic countries have just signed a £2 billion sponsorship deal with the premier league - The premier league is where it's at.

If YOU want Sheffield to be Red & White for years if not decades to come - we simply have to go with the flow.

UTB

I’ve not gone through the whole thread so apologies if I’m repeating what someone has already said. Why can’t the boardroom/owner do business in Dubai while the lads are training in Dubai? It doesn’t have to be a training camp exclusively nor does it have to be a business trip disguised as a training camp.

Surely the main purpose of the trip is to keep an eye on the players and make sure they don't spend all week on the lash

Reasons as I’ve seen them from comments and other snippets on social media
A) warm weather training and team bonding - almost “guaranteed” good weather, approx half the PL clubs have come to Dubai
B) quarterly meetings between wilder, Bettis, the prince etc - they meet twice a year in Dubai, once in Switzerland and the other in England.
C) other business opportunities/ link ups - the prince launched Al Hilal United in the UAE yesterday.
D) sponsors in the Middle East will get chance to meet or see United - for example Al Wefaq car rental now sponsors Sheff United and Al Hilal United

Surely the main purpose of the trip is to keep an eye on the players and make sure they don't spend all week on the lash
Dubai is the wrong place to do that then! It’s not Ramadan so booze flows freely, this time of year is a great time to go as there’s generally more happening at the beach clubs/ bars

I see Brighton are the latest culprits of the ‘footballers behaving stupidly when on warm weather training in spain’

There will be multiple reasons for the trip. I'm sure some of it will be looking for investment, but its also good weather at this time of year for training , and getting the players all away together is good for team-building stuff too (as seen in the photos of them together last night).

Exactly. It’s not as though we’re the only ones picking Dubai for it either – Arsenal are there too. Brighton were due to be too but like Man U with their Qatar trip cancelled due to security concerns.

While there may be a business element to it, that’s ultimately secondary to the squad-building CWAK are using it for.

I thought they'd gone out there just for the sex and booze? 🤔

Dubai is a popular choice for mid season breaks and has been for a while, especially Scandinavian clubs and in more recent years English clubs. Due to our middle east ownership and Premier League status, it was a natural choice. A step up from the Costa del Sol and guaranteed warm weather.

Dubai is a popular choice for mid season breaks and has been for a while, especially Scandinavian clubs and in more recent years English clubs. Due to our middle east ownership and Premier League status, it was a natural choice. A step up from the Costa del Sol and guaranteed warm weather.

You're right. I like it myself. I think I've been there about a dozen times now. We started going about 15 years ago now, when the kids were young and went back time and time again, but never to the same place twice. The main reason we chose it was because it was somewhere we could go at this time of year, or at Easter, where we would be guaranteed to have good hot weather, really top quality hotels, great waterparks etc. And it's clean. We didn't need to be concerned about travel vaccinations and the like. And the kids loved it - back then they'd be happy to be in and out of the pool all day - so for a short break it was just the job really. 7 hours flight was just about at the limit to what young kids could stand as well. And the service on Emirates in particular is great - really good "in-seat entertainment" that kept the kids occupied till they fell asleep.

There are far more "interesting" places with more "culture" and things to see and do. But I'd happily jump on a plane tomorrow and go for a few days to get away from this cold weather.

I'm not sure the Prince would be contemplating partnership investment as far as a stake in the Club is concerned after his recent experience.

There were mutterings post Judgement that he was looking to sell the Club to the likes of ALK. In fact SUL's Counsel suggested he would sell the for a quick buck if he was successful in Court. With that in mind I asked PA if he was looking to get involved with new partners at the Fans Forum in September. His response was an emphatic no. He saw the building of revenue through increased sponsorship of the Club. That would make sense as some of the current commercial deals seem small beer for a Premiership Club. He also floated the idea of naming rights for the Stadium ----@ Bramall Lane although it was met with a muted response by the audience.

There has been talk that Prince Musaad has been charged with bringing in increased sponsorship so it would seem sensible to invite potential sponsors to Dubai at a time the short, medium and long term business plans are being discussed.

Having said all this at the Fans Forum Premiership survival was the target. That will now have changed and the current media love in with us will increase the interest and revenue from potential sponsors so an opportune time to tap into this.

Strategic thinking and business planning at SUFC who would have thought it.

Look the only reason they have gone to Dubai...(very ITK on this) is to bring free bags of sand back so we can start building the new acadamy building.....why the f**k did you think we signed Sander Berge for 20 odd mill...to play football...gi oerrr.....him and rest o lads are shovelling sand now...Berge's the pro shoveller

Reactions: 10p
You do know that diet including fluids is monitored 24/7 so “going out on the lash” will be a club decision

..He states that HRH wants "partner investment" into the club, in order to take us to that next level next season??

I think I've heard that line before.

Kevin McCabe mark 2?

To avoid storm Dennis.

Clearly this has been missed. Think about where we have been training, The Dubai English School, its to teach the players English, especially the Scottish and Irish contingent. Obviously the Norwegian and Dutch players are fluent in English. Next one is scheduled to be at the Manor secondary school to teach them all Yorkshire, except Billy, who has been hired as chief interpreter.

Back
Top Bottom