The long throw to the 6 yard box

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Under previous managers how often did we toss away possession from our own attacking throw-ins? We’re so well coached now I reckon people forget.

Not to mention the gloriously simple tactic of the throw-in 1-2 to get in behind opponents.

I’ll take this over wanging the ball into the box in pure hope.

Throw ins really piss me off as a concept. There’s no way as the team taking the throw in that the opposition should be able to throw a ball to someone’s feet and start a move, the best they should hope for would be a hopeful throw down the line and win the second ball.

However teams allow other teams to throw the ball to their own player, weird.

We actually do quite well from throw ins near the opponents box now and I really don’t get why the opposition allows us to.

We play most free kicks short. There is zero % chance we are going to start long throws. For which I am grateful

Who was the guy who used to do a forward somersault as part of the delivery?

Pembo tried it and cocked it up by releasing it at the wrong time. It hit Mitchell Thomas in the knackers (playing for the CheatinAmmers?) then Pemberton sprinted on and it all kicked off. There may have been a couple of bookings.

Unsurprisingly it wasn't used again......

Under previous managers how often did we toss away possession from our own attacking throw-ins? We’re so well coached now I reckon people forget.

Not to mention the gloriously simple tactic of the throw-in 1-2 to get in behind opponents.

I’ll take this over wanging the ball into the box in pure hope.
Was about to comment on the same until you beat me to it. Our throw ins for years used to frustrate me no end to the point I’d go into wild rant mode much to the amusement/displeasure of those around me. I couldn’t believe how any team could be as incompetent at them as what we were.

The old 1-2 throw in that we’ve been using for the last couple of years is so simple yet so effective

Greg Halford, second only to Rory Delap in the ‘Best Long Thrower since the millennium’ stakes

Last seen on the 25th May 2009 in the London HA9 postal district in the company of two other men Brian Howard and David Cotterill. The three were due to take part in a football match but disappeared immediately prior to kick off. All three men remain on the Missing Persons list. Any information as to their whereabouts should be directed to the Useless Articles Unit at the Ministry for Playoff Failure.

Pembo tried it and cocked it up by releasing it at the wrong time. It hit Mitchell Thomas in the knackers (playing for the CheatinAmmers?) then Pemberton sprinted on and it all kicked off. There may have been a couple of bookings.

Unsurprisingly it wasn't used again......
Remember it well!🙈

Back
Top Bottom