The last penalty scored or conceded

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pelanty. Fucking pelanty.

I’ve watched that challenge on Bash against Norwich several times and I cannot understand how anyone, especially VAR refs, can think that’s not a penalty. It is stonewall.

From the angle I looked at (front facing) bash appears to go accross the lad into the pathway of the run and that’ll be the var excuse.

I think for smaller clubs var look for reasons not to give the decision in their favour, it’s the opposite for Liverpool and Man Utd, we’ve brought something new in but not changed the bias of how decisions are arrived at, we’ve changed nothing really, spurs away proved that...

Going back two phases of play for a 1/4 inch offside big toe.. only in London, Manchester, and Liverpool eh..

Oh by the way you’ve jinxed us now, the most fouled player in the league arrives on Saturday to win a penalty now you’ve brought this subject up ;) Remember it’s your fault for tempting fate.

I’ve watched that challenge on Bash against Norwich several times and I cannot understand how anyone, especially VAR refs, can think that’s not a penalty. It is stonewall.

They claim the offside was before the penalty incident. :confused:

From the angle I looked at (front facing) bash appears to go accross the lad into the pathway of the run and that’ll be the var excuse.

I think for smaller clubs var look for reasons not to give the decision in their favour, it’s the opposite for Liverpool and Man Utd, we’ve brought something new in but not changed the bias of how decisions are arrived at, we’ve changed nothing really, spurs away proved that...

Going back two phases of play for a 1/4 inch offside big toe.. only in London, Manchester, and Liverpool eh..

I think he protects the ball cleverly and gets barged over in the back. It’s a clear and obvious error. I’m amazed it wasn’t given

Question.

if we get one and neither Sharp or Norwood are on the pitch do we let McGoldrick take it?

We seem to have consistently gone with the last successful pen taker the last season or so. Had Sharp been on the pitch the time Norwood scored I’m pretty sure Sharp would have taken it, but even if Sharp’s on the pitch it’s presumably Norwood’s role till he misses one.

The flag goes up because Lundstram is offside though. Bash is fouled before Lunny touches it. The offside disallows the goal, but it should be a penalty. It’s a ludicrous decision.
Do clubs get to raise questions about decisions like that? Obviously not to over turn anything but to point at it and say ‘can you explain this please? Is this what you class as correct, if so why?’ Not that I’d expect an honest response

Am I the only one who was thinking the VAR check after the penalty, was on Henderson for being off his line?

Do clubs get to raise questions about decisions like that? Obviously not to over turn anything but to point at it and say ‘can you explain this please? Is this what you class as correct, if so why?’ Not that I’d expect an honest response

Interesting question. I’m not sure really. Maybe they do and they don’t make a big deal of it so as not to undermine the ref. That would be the forum for it though. It’s not helpful in a post-match interview.

I’d be wanting to know though, and wanting to make the point that clubs notice these things.

Oh by the way you’ve jinxed us now, the most fouled player in the league arrives on Saturday to win a penalty now you’ve brought this subject up ;) Remember it’s your fault for tempting fate.

Soooky !

Back
Top Bottom