The last penalty scored or conceded

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bobby b

Reaction score
By my recollection the last penalty we've either scored or conceded was in March against brentford, scored by Norwood which is 27 matches ago which I find surprising, unless my aging mind has forgotten which is highly likely, if that's true more than half of those games had VAR, obviously there's been a few " I've seen em given" ones ( apologies for using given and penalties in the same sentence)
Which brought me to another thought who would take one for us, would it still be Norwood or if hes on the pitch would it be Mousset.

We should’ve had one on Sunday, and could’ve given one away at the BL end against Liverpool when Lunny took someone out. That apart theres not any even close. Weird.

We should’ve had one on Sunday, and could’ve given one away at the BL end against Liverpool when Lunny took someone out. That apart theres not any even close. Weird.
Southampton at home? Ward-Prowses handball wasn’t given because VAR referees were too scared to overrule their on field colleagues at the time

Southampton at home? Ward-Prowses handball wasn’t given because VAR referees were too scared to overrule their on field colleagues at the time
With the rule change, the defenders handballs don’t often end up in pens, rightly or wrongly

Penalties awarded to us in our last 5 top flight seasons:

1990-1: 2 (scored one, missed one)
1991-2: none awarded
1992-3: 3 (scored 1, missed 2)
1993-4 3 (all scored)
2006-7 5 (scored 2, missed 3)

not a very good rate in terms of awards or conversions.

1993-4 3 (all scored)

That fucking Blackburn game in 06-07. Joke.

1993-4 3 (all scored)

1991-92: none - was the reason for the famous typically Bassett quote "One of our players would have to get gang-banged in the box for us to win a pen"

On a similar theme, when was the last free kick scored directly from outside the box?

Haven`t had one under Wilder, Flecks at Hillsborough is the only free kick outside we have scored from, but that was rolled to him.
Duffy scored an indirect one at Afc Wimbledon, and that`s it.

Not a moan, just an observation :)

On a similar theme, when was the last free kick scored directly from outside the box?

Haven`t had one under Wilder, Flecks at Hillsborough is the only free kick outside we have scored from, but that was rolled to him.

Norwood versus Villa is at least one

Norwood against Villa last season at the Bramall Lane End. Squeezed it in at the near post.

Norwood against Villa last season at the Bramall Lane End. Squeezed it in at the near post.

That`s a great shout, even though it was a cross, that counts!

A direct shot though, from the D or just outside, now what about that?

We have had two nailed on ones turned down this season.

Question.

if we get one and neither Sharp or Norwood are on the pitch do we let McGoldrick take it?

That`s a great shout, even though it was a cross, that counts!

A direct shot though, from the D or just outside, now what about that?

I was sat behind it.

Absolutely 100% not a cross.

Poor positioning by both the Keeper and the Wall - Norwood spotted it and meant to put it exactly where he did.

Wasn't it Mason Mount who scored what was to be fair a stunning free kick for Derby at Bramall Lane on Boxing Day last season?

Edit : sorry misread Treeton Blade 's post. Not counting against us, although I don't think there have many of those recently either.

Think the Derby one last Boxing Day was Harry Martin, even though the question would've been disallowed

Wasn't it Mason Mount who scored what was to be fair a stunning free kick for Derby at Bramall Lane on Boxing Day last season?

Edit : sorry misread Treeton Blade 's post. Not counting against us, although I don't think there have many of those recently either.

Harry Wilson, but Mount played in that game too. It's absolutely crazy the amount of on-loan talent that was in the Championship last year. Since then:

• Harry Wilson - 6 Premier League goals for Bournemouth this season
  • Tammy Abraham - 11 Premier League goals for Chelsea
  • Mason Mount - 5 goals, played in every game for Chelsea, made his England debut
  • Dean Henderson - called up to England squad
  • Tyrone Mings - made his England debut
  • Harvey Barnes - 1 goal 4 assists, now a regular player for the second-best team in the league

Should have had one against Southampton at home clear handball by Ward Prowse!
VAR balls up once again!

Harry Wilson, but Mount played in that game too. It's absolutely crazy the amount of on-loan talent that was in the Championship last year. Since then:

• Harry Wilson - 6 Premier League goals for Bournemouth this season
  • Tammy Abraham - 11 Premier League goals for Chelsea
  • Mason Mount - 5 goals, played in every game for Chelsea, made his England debut
  • Dean Henderson - called up to England squad
  • Tyrone Mings - made his England debut
  • Harvey Barnes - 1 goal 4 assists, now a regular player for the second-best team in the league

Ah yes, thanks.

It's weird looking at that list of players who all played in the Champ last season and are all doing very well in the Prem and yet we keep getting told our form won't last because we are a team with Champ players and will find our level!

I watched your interview/review with Benjamin Bloom earlier today, good to see what you look like Beans
Thought you gave a really good assessment of our transition into the Prem too.

Millwall missed one against us in April.

• Before the Millwall game on 13th April 2019, the last time we conceded a penalty in the league? Nearly two years ago - February 27th, 2018 away to Reading. 2-0 up at half-time (Duffy, Sharp), Reading pulled it back to 2-1 just after the break and, just after the hour, Reading were awarded a penalty. Bacuna stepped up and…Simon Moore saved it! Minutes later, Billy scored his second of the game and secured our 3-1.

• The last time a team scored a penalty against us in the league? 1st January 2018 when Derby's Vydra scored Derby’s opener in a 1-1 draw at Pride Park before Leon Clarke's equalizer in the 57th minute.

I was sat behind it.

Absolutely 100% not a cross.

Poor positioning by both the Keeper and the Wall - Norwood spotted it and meant to put it exactly where he did.

I`ll bow to your better view and judgement.

I sit sucking on Wurthers originals with my flask and cushion in the South Stand.

Back
Top Bottom