The Friendlies So Far...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Birdwell Blade

Reaction score
Do you think we've got enough out of them? Have we been tested and will we be tested before the Bournemouth game?

I've only been to the Betis game so haven't seen the others, but with games against Burton, Northampton and Chesterfield, have we got enough out of them other than fitness? Barnsley might provide a tougher test I suppose.

I just think that before we go into the season we could have done with another game or two against good quality footballing sides.

What are your thoughts?

I think with the amount of addition/changes, and the particular style we play, we could have done with about 10 pre-season friendlies!

Don’t know tbh. I don’t really know the pros and cons or the thinking behind it. But if we lose our first three games at least we can argue about whether CW got his tactics wrong or got his signings wrong or got his pre season wrong.

I'm not doubting the management team btw, just wondering what people think. Like GCB said above, the amount of changes etc must make it really frustrating. Especially when it takes so long to get people signed and into the group for pre-season.

I've just read on another thread that there might be a friendly lined up against a French side. Hopefully that one will be a tough test for us with it being the week before the season.

Don’t know tbh. I don’t really know the pros and cons or the thinking behind it. But if we lose our first three games at least we can argue about whether CW got his tactics wrong or got his signings wrong or got his pre season wrong.

I suspect that there is a lot of powder currently being kept dry :D

I think the dingles will give us a good game plenty of good players and plenty of fitness about them, I predict they will end next season higher than the pigs.

Its all a lottery ,most prem sides just play for a huge fee ,doesn't matter who it is.

I think wilder his keeping his cards close to his chest, I think there is more going on in training than we know

I think wilder his keeping his cards close to his chest, I think there is more going on in training than we know
Yeh you’re probably right, keeping people guessing. Wonder if there’s been any games behind closed doors.

Yeh you’re probably right, keeping people guessing. Wonder if there’s been any games behind closed doors.
I don’t think it’s games behind closed doors, more on training and tactics that he wants to keep from games, you don’t show your hand until you need to and that’s will be our first PL game

Back
Top Bottom